Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

Now, as to the numbers of players online, well... I ain't changing the very essential setup of this server just to get them. I'm not interested in having F-18 or F-14 etc. pilots just to get the numbers, while ruining the scenario I have here.

It's not a competition between the admins to see who has the numbers and who hasn't. It's about offering as many different scenarios as possible, while each and everyone of us is focusing on what he prefers most.

------

Best example is SeaQuark running the Korea War Server. The MiG-15 and F-86 and not widely popular. He doesn't really have the numbers most of the time. But he's very dedicated to what he does and sticks to his principles. Top bloke!

I love this kind of thinking. Servers that "chase the player numbers" by trying to throw every damned machine available in together are a turn off for me. I really like the approach that yourself and SeaQuark have taken in providing a specific, and different, server environments.

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

You can still sign up for the Helicopters Tournament 2 for today:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=219304

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

The Dynamic Mission Is BACK!!!

Tomorrow, on the second of October, sometime in the evening the dynamic mission will go online.

The front page of this thread will cover more information.

Stay tuned...

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

just a suggestion:

since we have l39 on the red side, it would be great to use them on "bigger" targets such as buildings or depots against blue.

finding scattered tanks here and there as target (with not much info where they should be in the briefing) is not "that" motivating for the l39 pilots among us ;)

Nevertheless, i like the setting very much !! :D

sigpic.png.4d2403c54e341ae5cf45e3309e87cb2c.png

just a suggestion:

since we have l39 on the red side, it would be great to use them on "bigger" targets such as buildings or depots against blue.

finding scattered tanks here and there as target (with not much info where they should be in the briefing) is not "that" motivating for the l39 pilots among us ;)

Nevertheless, i like the setting very much !! :D

Adding vital buildings as TA's is WIP.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

While it is I have a question or two that nagged me since I gave it a try the other day:

Does 'all data saved' imply that deployed units stay in place as well through a reboot?

Do the defences for airfields and FARPs refit automatically at some point?

While it is I have a question or two that nagged me since I gave it a try the other day:

Does 'all data saved' imply that deployed units stay in place as well through a reboot?

Do the defences for airfields and FARPs refit automatically at some point?

Yes. Everything you deploy, stays in its place, unless it gets destroyed.

Yes, but only after 24 hours.

Unfortunately, some of the scripts involved in this campaign are not flawless. Saving data is currently not working for all the deployed units. Therefore, I had to put the dynamic mission offline. Need to fix that issue first, which did work three weeks ago during testing. ED releases updates and you start over -sigh-

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Thanks for clarifying that. Also I'd like to mention that despite a few hitches and maybe a thing or two one could argue about, your work on keeping this server running and ever improving the missions, both dynamic and classic, is much appreciated really.

not everybody owns the persian gulf map - you'd loose a lot of people eventually

edit: but i agree, the PG theater would be awesome for the cold war era ... ;)

Loose who? The server is pretty quiet these days. Yes not everyone has it but that's not a good reason not to use it. He who dares wins etc...

I also used the word "some" Persian Gulf because I thought that would make it obvious I mean within the rotation of missions.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We need some Persian gulf up in this Server Alpen... It would be da bomb

Working on it. And as you've said, a mission or two within the rotation.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Loose who? The server is pretty quiet these days. Yes not everyone has it but that's not a good reason not to use it. He who dares wins etc...

I also used the word "some" Persian Gulf because I thought that would make it obvious I mean within the rotation of missions.

it wasn't meant as critic, i am just worried about the few people online at the moment.

and it could be less if one is no watching about them ...

but on the other hand of course it could attract people because of a new setting which is not again on caucasus ;)

@alpenwolf: great, looking forward to it, hope there will be good numbers of players!

sigpic.png.4d2403c54e341ae5cf45e3309e87cb2c.png

Ok since it's PG, which factions would it contain? Surely not primarily US and Russia right? Caucasus is fitting for that. Also would it use the appropriate country's assets?

That is taken into consideration too. Real life work is quite demanding these days, hence my absence over the last 1-2 weeks.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

• 2 weeks later...

I think the server crashed ;(

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView