Su 27 Radar elavation scan

The Oracles speak !

Its ironic but I guess you need a bit of humility yourself, even if you are/were a pilot or whatnot.

Dont know if you noticed, direct confrontations have been avoided so far for the sake of politness. And yes, sometimes people in the know (or should be) also commit mistakes, in not so rare occasions as you might think.

Edited by Pilotasso

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Riddles? I was just using straight forward common sense. Also anyone can understand except people looking for a fight.

Which part "be more humble" you didnt understand?

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Easiest way I find to break a lock is to beam the opposing radar (3 or 9 o'clock position) and bank wings at 30 - 45 degrees. I find that it always breaks the locks, but you require alot of rudder input to remain level when doing this.

Next time you do that in MP you'll end up with AMRAAM in your backpipe...

Wrong Spetz, you're not breaking the lock by banking your wings but you're rather losing the idea of being locked because your RWR goes blind!

Rolls greater than 30 degs make your onboard SPO useless, SPO panels at tip of verticals and at wing roots are blind at this point and receive no incoming radar signals.

Best way of breaking the lock is beaming (3/9 line) and a hard dive do disappear in a ground clutter.

Level turns to beam enemy radar are to be avoided!!! So no rudder needed just break 90degs to the left or right, pitch down as much as you can and accelerate...

Edited by Vekkinho

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 8 years later...
This is from the manual:

IF YOUR FIGHTER IS AT AN ALTITUDE OF 5 KM AND AWACS REPORTS A TARGET AT RANGE 80 KM AND ALTITUDE 10 KM, YOU SHOULD TURN YOUR AIRCRAFT TOWARDS THE TARGET, THEN ENTER THE RANGE OF 80 KM AND RELATIVE ALTITUDE 5 KM INTO THE RADAR. THE RADAR SCAN ZONE WOULD THEN BE CORRECTLY AIMED AT THE EXPECTED TARGET ELEVATION.

So the distance (bottom of hud) is in Km from your aircraft and the elevation (right side of the hud) is in Km relative to your angels.

Again if you're flying 4 Km up and you expect the enemy to be 60 km out flying angels 8 you set the range to 60 and the elevation to 4(cuz you're 4 Km up so you just need 4 more to reach 8 Km). This setting should also pick up targets flying angels 12, 120 Km out, since the angle is the same. No messin around with degrees, just read the numbers..

Finaly: remember! -the distances in russian birds are in Km.

Cheers

"and the elevation to 4(cuz you're 4 Km up so you just need 4 more to reach 8 Km). "

Thank you - I wasn't reading this correctly, your explanation is great, I misunderstood this.

• 3 weeks later...

What happens to the beam if you change the estimated range? Do you change the spacing between them?

I dont see the advantage going 10km estimated; compared to 60km estimated. The 60km estimated combined with that picture made totally sense.

Main-Module: F-16C, AH-64D

Maps: Syria, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Caucasus, 1944 Normandy, NTTR

Hardware: VKB Gunfighter mk.2 Pro, WinWing Orion F16, VKB T-Rudder, HP Reverb G2

PC Specs: Intel 13900K, ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-5800 RAM, GeForce RTX 4090, Win 11x64