DCS World 1.5 and 2 Discussion

Wags

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say they will be adding coronas and HDR and such later on to make the lighting less flat.

ya... i guess we do not to wait and see how it goes. I dont mind it for the lghts in the cities, but it would be nice if an airbase was bombed, the lights can get dynamically destroyed and turn off.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Thank You

My sincere Thanks and appreciation to all The Talented Developers working hard on EDGE,NTTR and all the other maps in development,I can't even comprehend the amount of painstaking work involved to make what's Old New and do it with all the new features that are coming to DCS World.Cheers!!:thumbup:

I hope you all have a fantastic,fun and peaceful Holiday Season with your families,Some well deserved time off to enjoy with those you Love.

I believe that you are going to set a New Milestone with your work in Flight Simulation,Once users start posting in game screenshots of NTTR The Community will be coming to DCS in Droves with $Cash$ in hand:)

I wish you all a very Happy and Healthy New Year,And a Very Merry Christmas to all those who celebrate.

imagejpg1_zps8a1d9cdc.jpg

Nice skin, nice words:thumbup:

Indeed, my appreciation also goes to the developers who are working their ass off on an early release of EDGE.

CPU multi-threading

ED often demonstrates it pursues a higher standard of relationship with its customers than the lowest common denominator (as it is the case with many other companies). What would nicely fit into this vision IMO is a frank information that CPUs with higher single-thread performance are preferred over any combination of multi-threading/multi-core features, right here http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/dcs_world/

It is unfortunately not a common knowledge and the subject of usefulness of multi-core CPUs for gaming is highly opinionated.

Indeed. Most of us have adjusted already. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I'd rather see it later and really have its "act together" bug and otherwise. Realize the impatience, but I've always leaned on the 'quality over quantity' route, even if it is a single piece of software.

I'd hate to see them go the Microsoft route of shoving something out half baked just to meet some deadline. Ugh. DCS seems too smart for that.

Edited by mrmertz

I'd rather see it later and really have its "act together" bug and otherwise. Realize the impatience, but I've always leaned on the 'quality over quantity' route, even if it is a single piece of software.

I'd hate to see them go the Microsoft route of shoving something out half baked just to meet some deadline. Ugh. DCS seems too smart for that.

I agree and hope the final product is very close to being finished, the delays can really be taxing on the patience.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

right now I'm waiting for ANY new maps... I hope they release a tactical map with the release.. like TC-1.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

A friendly reminder:

DCS World 2 Discussion

Note: Please stay on topic. Off topic posts will be removed. This thread will be heavily moderated.

We also ask that you please abide by our forum rules:

http://forums.eagle.ru/rules.php#en

In particular:

1.10. - Product feedback and constructive criticism is encouraged when provided in a mature and courteous manner. However, feedback that is abusive, insulting or condescending is not welcome. Additionally, to bring up a particular issue repeatedly after it has already been acknowledged will be considered "trolling" - in such cases a warning will be issued to the author and the post will be removed.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

2.0 is too important to be released half-baked so if they need time no problem - it is better to release nice cake which impress people.

It is to be noticed 2.0 will be basic version known for press, public reviewers so it must be top-notch.

I just hope it will be slight delay, not enormous.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

2.0 is too important to be released half-baked so if they need time no problem - it is better to release nice cake which impress people.

It is to be noticed 2.0 will be basic version known for press, public reviewers so it must be top-notch.

I just hope it will be slight delay, not enormous.[/QUOTe] I agree!

System specs below

Case - Antec Three Hundred

PSU - Corsair AX750watt

Board - MSI Z170A GAMING PRO

CPU - Intel i5 6600K 3900MHz

Cooler - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus

Memory - Kingston HYPERX 16G DDR4 2400Mhz CL15

Graphics - MSI GEFORCE GTX 980 GAMING 4G

SSD - Samsung 950 PRO 256GB M.2 NVMe

Monitor - Philips 277E 27" 1920x1080 60Hz

OS - Windows 10 Home 64bit

Flight Controllers - Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG, Saitek COMBAT RUDDER PEDALS, TrackIR 4, Track Clip Pro

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

With the myriads of different PC configs out there, there will be bugs. No matter how hard you try to squash them all - only after the release will they rear their ugly heads.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

With the myriads of different PC configs out there, there will be bugs. No matter how hard you try to squash them all - only after the release will they rear their ugly heads.

Myriads? Windows 7/8 64-Bit, DirectX 11 compatible, AMD and NVDIA graphics card. :music_whistling:

Meanwhile a PC became fairly a standard-product with not too much differences and exotic hardware anymore... my last game which had really hard, hardware-depending bugs, is a decade away.

Any dynamic campaign news from EDGE?

I have been waiting million years for dynamic campaign mode, but it never came out.

I have seen few ( JUST few ) rumors about new dynamic campaign modes from dcs 2.0

Anyone knows any new news about dynamic campaign modes?

or it will never come out?

DirectX 11 compatible

that's the reason I've upgraded and I have the feeling I won't fly until the big news :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Waiting to build a F/A-18C home-pit...

ex - Swiss Air Force Pilatus PC-21 Ground Crew

SFM? AFM? EFM?? What's this?

i7-5960X (8 core @3.00GHz)¦32GB DDR4 RAM¦Asus X99-WS/IPMI¦2x GTX970 4GB SLI¦Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSD¦TrackIR 5 Pro¦TM Warthog¦MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

I have been waiting million years for dynamic campaign mode, but it never came out.

I have seen few ( JUST few ) rumors about new dynamic campaign modes from dcs 2.0

Anyone knows any new news about dynamic campaign modes?

or it will never come out?

All posted information regarding DCW 2.0 is located here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=135473

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Dcs doesnt simulate thermal images. Those are just different set of textures, and seriously wouldnt expect to change that. It works fine enough without killing your machine.

I wouldnt assume that there aren't any changes until confirmed, we already see significant texture, material and shader changes.

There could be changes in how thermal mapping and sensors are presented to the user, anything is possible at this point.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs