diecastbg

Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List  

4719 members have voted

1. 1. Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not typically a big fan of the Russian stuff, I'd love an Apache or FA-18, however, I think the Mi-28N Havoc would be a very cool sim chopper, probably too much stuff classified on it (radar), but I've always thought the Havoc was a badass attack helicopter with a serious cannon on it compared to the sissy 30 mike-mike on the Apache :D

How much new work would need to be done to model accurate a/g and a/a radar? Multirole fighters would be awesome, but I assume they'd be a boat load of work to get working perfectly.

It will be interesting to finally hear what they plan to release post a10, the hype alone for a module 2+ years away is already out of contol heheh.

AH64A would be cool, i like the idea of gunner /pilot positions. Tracker ir and full screen flir would be a great way to locate and track/kill targets. I like the idea of two in the same pit as well, interesting hunter seeker dialogue and tactics. Pilot can really concentrate on flying tactically while gunner can be searching for targets.

I've said it before though, I'll take anything dcs puts out....Russian, American, european :)

My hope for the next DCS module after A-10C is to fly the F/A-18E Super Hornet!

No offense, but dream on man, the AESA radar workings are so classified, not even santa claus knows what's up.

I suppose this is a "wish list" :thumbup:

No offense, but dream on man, the AESA radar workings are so classified, not even santa claus knows what's up.

I suppose this is a "wish list" :thumbup:

I would be happy if they gave it their best shot. :)

I guess my point is that I would like to fly a multi-role, US, fixed wing AC.

Not sure if anyone has seen this (I didn't read all 11 pages of this thread), but I ran into this on thebattlesim.com.

"Currently nine flyable aircraft (A-10A, F-15C, Su-27, MiG-29, MiG-29, Su-25, Su-25T, Su-33, Ka-50) with more under development (F-16, F/A-18 )."

I'm assuming those will be the next two. :D

Edited by Av8rjoker

I see this on the mainpage at thebattlesim.com DCS:AC-130 Gunship

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

Not sure if anyone has seen this (I didn't read all 11 pages of this thread), but I ran into this on thebattlesim.com.

"Currently nine flyable aircraft (A-10A, F-15C, Su-27, MiG-29, MiG-29, Su-25, Su-25T, Su-33, Ka-50) with more under development (F-16, F/A-18 )."

I'm assuming those will be the next two. :D

Interesting. Is there any posibility to know when was written? Maybe it's old news...

Regards!!

I see this on the mainpage at thebattlesim.com DCS:AC-130 Gunship

Check the details on the AC-130 simulation: it would be DCS:IR Operator Station. :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I would expect them to make Falcon/Hornet sims given the popularity and lack of sims (except for the dated Falcon sim).

Falcon sims are pretty well covered, you've got the Falcon variants. FF5.3 is not all that dated actually. F4AF is a bit older in terms of the latest patch, but its a solid MP sim. Falcon has the dynamic campaign which makes it still a very capable sim. So I don't know if I'd agree with just dismissing the existing Falcon sims as "the dated Falcon sim" ;)

My dream....

My dream has always been to fly an APACHE AH-64.... This is just my 2 sense, but ED you would REALLY make my ALL TIME Dream of becoming an Apache Pilot come true with your game and I'm sure many others would agree. It sounds sad but it would really complete my life for ever if you did. Thanks for your consideration even if your just reading this I'm honored by you guys talking about it. :pilotfly: :P PLEASE MAKE APACHE NEXT!!!! PLZ PLZ PLZ!!! Everything you make is GOLD in my EYES!

Modded CapLoz HeliosV2.1_1280x1024.zip

2x 1080p 22"Monitors, Saitek X52, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Trackir5, Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel Q9550 @3.8Ghz, EP45-UD3L, 8GB Ram, Nvidia 560Ti 2GB, 2x 500GB Velociraptor

Flaming Cliffs 3

DCS:A10C,KA-50, Huey, Mi-8, WWII Euro 40+ Supporter, Mig21

Falcon 4 BMS

IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946

Take on Helicopters

Arma 2 AO + PMC + BF All Addons Series

Arma 3

EECH & EEAH

Medivac & Search and Rescue 4 Series

Hm... Tornado? Gripen/Viggen? (Hey, what are wishlists for? ;) )

I'll definitely be happy with an F-16 or -18 next, though. Perhaps not something that will make me wet my pants or anything (I've had Falcon 4 on my HD since '98, like), but some jazzed-up fidelity isn't bad. Multirole would be really neat to add to the mix, but in case that's too much work for such a short time-frame, fighters are always cool. Revamped Flanker, Eagle, Fulcrum... F-5, anyone? :D

... And... I don't really find the X-31 ugly at all...? (The F-4, though, UGH!)

Hello everyone!

This thread made me remind of all the flight sims I played in the past 20 years... And as far as I can remember you could fly (virtually) any plane there is (or than-was-supposed–to-be like F-19 and F-29) today. In terms of popularity over those years, three birds come to my mind: F-15E (as in my love of all times: Strike Eagle [series], my very first PC game), F-16 (under SO MANY titles) and F/A-18 (not only EIE, Jane's but also the Mac ones).

Back to the topic - ED made helicopter sim (Ka-50) and now is working on Close Air Support/Attack plane sim (A-10), so I think it's time for some multirole plane sim. If ED is going for the general sim public that is. Hence modern F-16 or F/A-18 is a good bet. The first one would somehow conciliate all the Falcon fans and to their amusement – finally will bring some fresh take on “The ViPeR” subject. This also means good sales. This applies also to the Hornet but since there are other (recent) sims with F/A-18 (SuperBug, FSX:Acceleration) it could be harder for ED to actually sell it.

But if it's just a wishful thinking than I'd bet on F-15E - it has been around for over 20 years so the data should be out there. Also some modern version of MiG-29 (like SM, 35) or Su-27 (also SM, 35BM) would be nice. I know both MiG-35 and Su-35BM are pretty much "virtual" for now but the SM-variants looks like the core of current Russian Air Force inventory. All three planes are already modeled to some extent in FC2 (in fighter variants). One plane that is "real" and wasn't too much covered in games of the past few years is Eurofighter Typhoon - another modern multirole jet that's quite popular by now. If that’s too “fresh”, Tornado is a good choice too.

In short: F-15E, Su-27SM, MiG-29SM, EF Typhoon, Tornado

Unfortunately for me IF IT WILL BE A JET SIM, it will be F-16 or F/A-18. But I will still buy it;)!

Anything ED decides to do will be top notch and you will all buy it so why fret over it anymore :)

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit