F-16 training missions by ED

wolfbaron

Hello everyone

Just wanted to ask if there was any post about f-16c interactive training update, as now it only has the 3 missions ( training section )

i like the interactive mission training in most modules as it lets you learn aircraft fast

am i missing a post about the progress of those missions ?

Many thanks.

• ED Team

Hi

Thanks for the feedback, and glad you like them.

More training mission will be added but I do not have a time frame at the moment.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

A few more added in yesterday’s update.:)

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You must be on the release version then. The others are only available in the Open Beta.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I just tried the last training mission (CCRP) and there is something really weird with it. I see several icons on the screen, some kind of circle with a compass or similar, a gun ammo count, a few small circles... Also the rudder is pushed to the left all the time so I can't control the plane.

Other training missions are fine. Not sure if I should report this as a bug or just here.

DCS Rosetta, my automatic DCS mission and campaign translator: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=233877

I just tried the last training mission (CCRP) and there is something really weird with it. I see several icons on the screen, some kind of circle with a compass or similar, a gun ammo count, a few small circles... Also the rudder is pushed to the left all the time so I can't control the plane.

Other training missions are fine. Not sure if I should report this as a bug or just here.

Already been reported in another thread.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Training missions on April/May Free Access vs Paid Version?

I took advantage of the free access to the Viper during April/May, and after a few days of enjoyment, I decided to buy it today

I noticed that while trying the free access, the only two interactive training missions were Cold Start, and Taxi/Take-off

Since I've paid for the full version, this has not changed

I'm using it on DCS World 2.5 (NOT Open Beta)

Do I need to remove the free module and re-install, or are the interactive training missions only available on Open Beta?

Thanks

I took advantage of the free access to the Viper during April/May, and after a few days of enjoyment, I decided to buy it today

I noticed that while trying the free access, the only two interactive training missions were Cold Start, and Taxi/Take-off

Since I've paid for the full version, this has not changed

I'm using it on DCS World 2.5 (NOT Open Beta)

Do I need to remove the free module and re-install, or are the interactive training missions only available on Open Beta?

Thanks

No, you don't, but you do need to be on the OB version of DCS to see the other TMs. Just bear in mind, that the list is still far from complete, but there are a few more available on OB.

• ED Team
Will more training missions be available for the F16 Steam Edition?

Hi and welcome tot he forum,

The steam addition is the same as standalone, it will get all the missions and any future ones we add.

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

These are the training missions of Openbeta .. I'm not sure if they do work on the stable version, but here they are for the people that cant run OB:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26hsIAsBHecleZTAozIg?e=JlqJJc

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 years later...
On 5/8/2020 at 6:12 AM, BIGNEWY said:

Hi and welcome tot he forum,

The steam addition is the same as standalone, it will get all the missions and any future ones we add.

thanks

Hello ED, almost 3 years later., Although many more missions have been added, why is there no BFM/ACM training mission?

• Like 1

• ED Team
1 hour ago, einarabelc5 said:

Hello ED, almost 3 years later., Although many more missions have been added, why is there no BFM/ACM training mission?

Hello, 

we have the AIM-9 / AIM-120 training missions, and the TWS and ACM training included in the 27 training missions. 9 standard missions of various types, and 65 instant action missions over our various terrains.

I will suggest we add more to the team. 

thanks

Screenshot 2023-04-18 083736.png

On 4/18/2023 at 12:42 AM, BIGNEWY said:

Hello, 

we have the AIM-9 / AIM-120 training missions, and the TWS and ACM training included in the 27 training missions. 9 standard missions of various types, and 65 instant action missions over our various terrains.

I will suggest we add more to the team. 

thanks

Screenshot 2023-04-18 083736.png

Hello there sir!!

I see 18 missions on my DCS UI on the latest Stable version and finally I see the Air-Air ACM and HMCS as number 9, but, where's the BFM mission with Guns only?

nullimage.png

Edited by einarabelc5

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Big Newy, I was about to create a new thread but I'll just ask another question related to Training missions with the F-16 specifically. 

Every weapons systems missions references specific pages of the DCS manual, but when I look either in my local DCS folder or on eagledynamics.com I only find this file as PDF:
DCS F-16C Early Access Guide EN.PDF while the Briefing refers to another filename: DCS: F-16 Viper Guide.

1st. Isn't the F-16C module out of Early access already?

2nd and most relevant question: The pages do not match. 

For example the Pages that the Briefing of the AIM-120 Training mission refers to are pages 130 through 133 to familiarize yourself with the HUD.

null

But then, the actual PDF available on the main website and on the DCS install show something completely different, the DED:
null

I actually noticed that back on 2.6 or so, any chance either the missions are fixed or the manual updated? 

Thanks!

image.png

image.png

Edited by einarabelc5