My Jug doing 79" MAP and 3800 RPM

Bozon

Check attacked screenshot.

Unfortunately it did not perform as if it was pulling 79"... it performed as if it was doing barely 40", but the noise was very loud as if doing 3800 RPM.

I dont know how this happened. I used script engine start but messed a bit with the throttle and boost lever very early in the script. Other symptoms were that the gunsight was not illuminated, and the engine temp needle is all the way to the left. I was loaded with the 3 500 lbs bombs, about 50% fuel.

Untitled.thumb.png.6089320ac5128d30eba19b2b1bc03cf6.png

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

In my case above it was constant from take off - when I pushed the throttle all the way forward. It stayed like that in level flight, climb and until I landed. Actual power was low, the plane barely managed 250 mph in level flight.

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

Probably at 3800 rpm lot of the prop surface is traveling faster then sound, so you don't get any thrust out of it.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

It is simple, you was without electricity.

You did the engine start somehow, but you did not switch "On" generator and switched battery "Off"!

Look at instruments it is quite obvious...

You have soo hight RPM because your propeller pitch is low, i guess 18° as it is during the engine start. And because you were without electricity, your RPM regulator did not work. To set propeller blades to proper angle (propeller pitch - RPM control) you need electricity.

Thats all.

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

You did the engine start somehow, but you did not switch "On" generator and switched battery "Off"!

You have soo hight RPM because your propeller pitch is low, i guess 18° as it is during the engine start. And because you were without electricity, your RPM regulator did not work. To set propeller blades to proper angle (propeller pitch - RPM control) you need electricity.

Thats all.

What about GEN ? was it off or on ?

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Interesting, a few things here that make me question sim conditions. First off your Horizon Indicator is still caged, even though you are in a steep climb, according to your climb indicator.

So we can't really tell what angle of attack you were at from a horizon perspective. As noted, your battery is off, so you must have switched it off after Generator came online?

Also, your engine temp is zero along with your oil pressure exceeding nominal values so all kinds of wonky things here. Can't see your propeller speed handle, so as noted your pitch settings could be causing this if diving, but it shows you are in a climb???

So I am going to classify this as "errata and anomalous behavior for WIP":)

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

Thats all.

Could very well be the electricity, which also explains why the gunsight was not working. I did not touch the electrical systems and used script startup. Either I somehow managed to mess up the auto startup procedure, or I accidentally turned something off.

- Geoffrey de Havilland.