Dawn raiders - navigation problem

premo256

Hi,

I have a strange problem, when flying this mission. There are 2 targets in this mission, the first at steerpoint 3, the second at steerpoint 4. I reach waypoint 3, destroy the first target, switch to steerpoint 4, but the steerpoint 4 has the same location like the steerpoint 3. When I open this mission in mission editor, everything is correct, steerpoint 4 has different location than steerpoint 3. I don´t know, what´s the problem.

Thanks for advice.

Premo

I don't know the mission, are you using the TGP and swapping steerpoints while the TGP is running and you're in CCRP AG mode? In the above scenario there is a bug that will move the next steerpoint to wherever the TGP is currently looking. Way around this is to use the bomb mode switch (nose wheel steering button) to swap to CCIP mode, Swap the steerpoint and then go back to CCRP and it should slave to the new point without altering the SP location.

Edited by Deano87

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

• 5 weeks later...

I have a problem with this same mission, I think I might've had a similar issue with the TGP but I will have to check once the run the mission again and reply.

My actual problem which is kind of annoying is:

After takeoff I like to hurry to the tanker and top off at the Waypoint 1 staging area, the quicker you find the tanker the better. Unfortunately I have to use the Map view to get in the general area of the tanker and then use my FCS to get closer from there, my TACAN will not direct me to the tanker, it points me off in another direction.

I have TACAN selected on the HSI

I have the Channel set to 1X and (A/A TR) as described in the mission briefing (Y wasn't implemented when this mission was created I believe)

I have my COMMS set to 265.00 to speak with the Tanker (this works fine)

Is this a bug with the mission? Was the mission created by ED and if so will they eventually update it to incorporate all the changes since Viper release?

One quick question: How do I make my AI wingman refuel?

Thanks - I know it's a million questions but I've been meaning to ask for a while.

I don't know the mission, are you using the TGP and swapping steerpoints while the TGP is running and you're in CCRP AG mode? In the above scenario there is a bug that will move the next steerpoint to wherever the TGP is currently looking. Way around this is to use the bomb mode switch (nose wheel steering button) to swap to CCIP mode, Swap the steerpoint and then go back to CCRP and it should slave to the new point without altering the SP location.

That isn't actually a bug - that is how the F-16 system works with SP's and the TGP. Unfortunately ED has decided to not model the CZ function (Curser Zero) which resets all SP's to their original location after prosecuting a guided munition attack on a certain steerpointpoint.

Kind of a critical function for the Viper - so only reason I can see not to include it is they don't know how.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That isn't actually a bug - that is how the F-16 system works with SP's and the TGP. Unfortunately ED has decided to not model the CZ function (Curser Zero) which resets all SP's to their original location after prosecuting a guided munition attack on a certain steerpointpoint.

Kind of a critical function for the Viper - so only reason I can see not to include it is they don't know how.

I’m not sure you’re correct. Currently if you look at steerpoint 1 with the TGP and then switch to steerpoint 2 the location of steerpoint 2 will change to where the TGP is currently looking, and not the other way around. Surely when selecting steerpoint 2 the TGP should move to look at that steerpoint?

They know about Cursor Zero function and the current implementation is confirmed to be WIP and will be replaced with proper implementation once they have the SPI system working, which is one of the things they are working on now. Currently it’s a cludge to get it kinda working.

Edited by Deano87

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

I’m not sure you’re correct. Currently if you look at steerpoint 1 with the TGP and then switch to steerpoint 2 the location of steerpoint 2 will change to where the TGP is currently looking, and not the other way around. Surely when selecting steerpoint 2 the TGP should move to look at that steerpoint?

They know about Cursor Zero function and the current implementation is confirmed to be WIP and will be replaced with proper implementation once they have the SPI system working, which is one of the things they are working on now. Currently it’s a cludge to get it kinda working.

Rgr - gotchya

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have a problem with this same mission, I think I might've had a similar issue with the TGP but I will have to check once the run the mission again and reply.

After takeoff I like to hurry to the tanker and top off at the Waypoint 1 staging area, the quicker you find the tanker the better. Unfortunately I have to use the Map view to get in the general area of the tanker and then use my FCS to get closer from there, my TACAN will not direct me to the tanker, it points me off in another direction.

I have the Channel set to 1X and (A/A TR) as described in the mission briefing (Y wasn't implemented when this mission was created I believe)

I have my COMMS set to 265.00 to speak with the Tanker (this works fine)

Is this a bug with the mission? Was the mission created by ED and if so will they eventually update it to incorporate all the changes since Viper release?

One quick question: How do I make my AI wingman refuel?

Thanks - I know it's a million questions but I've been meaning to ask for a while.

I have the same problem with the tanker TACAN in that mission, it works fine in other missions but it's usually set to something like 11X or 12X. I wonder if it's just something weird with being 1X?

Looking at the Mission there are two possible things that can cause this:

- The Mission has two Tankers and both have TACAN Channel 1 assigned

- Both Tankers did show a blank "Unit" field

Changing the TACAN from Shell to 11 and adding the correct Unit name I was able to have them show up on the HSI.

52d_Sig_Pic3.png