Development Update March 2016

The sight depression system is mainly used for the dumb bombs and practice bombs.

We are still in discussion with BAE as to what we can implement in the sim.

I am still puzzed by this. Chris, you know that the control box is one of my pet subjects (http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2684761#post2684761 http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2685844#post2685844 ) here ... so could you perhaps explain at least of what nature these discussions are?

The gun sight + control box is nothing like the HUD in our A-10C or in a F/A-18 - what the control box actually does and how it is used is not a secret and therefore I wonder why you are so vague about this topic. Or is it just about technical aspects (i.e. differences in physics sim vs. reality or something like that)?

It's a bit of a different thing when you get to the altitude slowly and your body has time to acclimatize, and a different thing when you get there within minutes.

From a pilot's perespective, even if he does not pass out from hypoxia immediately, his ability to concentrate and think clearly will get gradually impaired, even if he doesn't notice it. Check the "The Effects of Hypoxia at Various Altitudes" paragraph here, and also the part about people living in the Andes.

http://www.avweb.com/news/aeromed/181893-1.html

I flew from SL to 4000 Meters in 1,5 hours and stayed there for two weeks.

But anyway, it takes hours at those altitudes before you really start to feel it.

Thanks for the article, very interesting stuff.

No more derail from me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

• 3 weeks later...
I just came by to say how much I respect your honest and open attitude. I'm not interested in the Hawk, but I'll definitely buy another module of you guys with every confidence in VEAO delivering the goods :thumbup:

Keep up the good work!

Yes, respects from openess. There is no shame from problems as everyone will bumb on those. And as customers, possible customers and fans of same franchise, it is better tell them what is happening so they can relax. Like think about buying a car or even just a cheap food that you need to be waited to be delivered/shipped/imported etc. It is annoying to not know even estimations or if there are problems (like your product shipment went down in the aircraft crash last week).

Progress reports are always nice to get, estimations etc.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

So is it likely that the hawk EFM will be with the merge of DCS 1.5 and 2.0 alpha? Or will it be before then? :)

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Just wondering , wouldn't it be wise to put all your resources into one aircraft and concentrate on it start to finish!. ..........appreciating the vast amount of work that goes into one product, and the hurrendous period of time that consumes....too, too long!!!!

Just wondering , wouldn't it be wise to put all your resources into one aircraft and concentrate on it start to finish!. ..........appreciating the vast amount of work that goes into one product, and the hurrendous period of time that consumes....too, too long!!!!

Reminds me of the fact that it takes 7 pilots to change a light bulb. 6 pilots is carrying the FNG holding the bulb around in circles :megalol:

Edited by HiJack

It doesn't work like that.

They have multiple teams on different aircraft in different states.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Yeah..different people and teams have different specialties. So even though it sounds nice to have the entire team dedicated to a single product at a time, if part of the team has completed or is waiting on another part of another team, then they might as well be put to use on another project/aircraft rather than sitting idle.

BeachAV8R

All of our coding team right now is on Hawk which is why P40 is slightly delayed.

The other members of our team are working in their respective disciplines on other aircraft; modelling, textures, etc..

So Ellis I take it things are shaping up nicely. TC

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 1200AT ps | Asus ROG Maximums XIII Extreme | I9 11900K Clocked@4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 64GB DDR4-3600 Gskill Mem | Asus 3080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 32" 1440 Monitor | Winwing Super Tauras/Super Libra | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |