Warthog flightstick question

My MS FFB2 is showing signs of having a nervous breakdown and the Warthog is on sale.

My question is about the Warthog spring tension - does it lean towards heavy or light? I can't stand flippy floppy flightsticks. I want to have to put a little effort into it.

Thanks.

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

I wouldn't say the tension is heavy. I'd say its sits about medium. I think its medium out of the box, but if you were to start using it with an extender one day, a heavier spring would be in order since it would be too light and could damage the gimbals - stick not designed for the added force of an extender without minor modifications.

Ryzen9 5800X3D, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite, 32Gb Gskill Trident DDR4 3600 CL16, Samsung 990 Pr0 1Tb Nvme Gen4, Evo860 1Tb 2.5 SSD and Team 1Tb 2.5 SSD, MSI Suprim X RTX4090 , Corsair h115i Platinum AIO, NZXT H710i case, Seasonic Focus 850W psu, Gigabyte Aorus AD27QHD Gsync 1ms IPS 2k monitor 144Mhz, Track ir4, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate w/extension, Virpil T50 CM3 Throttle, Saitek terrible pedals, RiftS

I've never done it, but from what I've seen it doesn't seem too difficult. I think I saw it here:

https://warthog-extensions-by-sahaj.com/

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ryzen9 5800X3D, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite, 32Gb Gskill Trident DDR4 3600 CL16, Samsung 990 Pr0 1Tb Nvme Gen4, Evo860 1Tb 2.5 SSD and Team 1Tb 2.5 SSD, MSI Suprim X RTX4090 , Corsair h115i Platinum AIO, NZXT H710i case, Seasonic Focus 850W psu, Gigabyte Aorus AD27QHD Gsync 1ms IPS 2k monitor 144Mhz, Track ir4, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate w/extension, Virpil T50 CM3 Throttle, Saitek terrible pedals, RiftS

Spring tension of the Warthog is medium and it´s recommended to go for a heavy spring when using extensions. I´m running the Warthog with 35cm extensions (5cm + 10cm + 20cm S-type) and F/A-18 grip on top and Sahaj´s blue spring installed. The standard spring, even with only 20cm extension + Hornet grip on top already struggles to recenter. With the even heavier Warthog grip attached, it doesen´t recenter at all. The spring is easy to switch, takes about 2 - 3 minutes and, wich is important for a new one, won´t void your warranty.

Sahaj offers green, red and blue springs for the WH. The green is lighter than the original one, the red is harder and meant for 10-20cm extensions and the blue one is for extensions way above 20cm. You won´t need a heavier spring than the original one if you´re not going to use extensions, as the original already feels pretty heavy (compared to other sticks) w/o extension. I assume, you´d rather decide to go for a lighter one. Anyways, the Warthog has it´s flaws but is a solid piece of equipment and i´ve never regret the purchase. You won´t find a better one in it´s price range. I got my orig. WH grip on a Virpil base wich is definately better than the WH, but also significant more expensive and it didn´t make my WH base obsolete. I still enjoy it. Also both TM grips are excellent quality and IMO way better than the plastic grips of other manufactors. If the WH is on sale, your budget allows it and you´re able to get a good deal, hit the "buy now" button. You won´t regret.

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

Thanks for the replies.

Being a working class slob, I'm stuck between how to use my "flightsim money". For the price of the WH stick I could get a 3600X to replace my old i5 ands put that toward a new build. But the WH stick is fun NOW!

Tough being a flightsim-head. Normal people just don't understand the stress we're under. mad.gif

Thanks for the replies.

Being a working class slob, I'm stuck between how to use my "flightsim money". For the price of the WH stick I could get a 3600X to replace my old i5 ands put that toward a new build. But the WH stick is fun NOW!

Tough being a flightsim-head. Normal people just don't understand the stress we're under. mad.gif

I know ppl with average monthly income spending thousands of €uros for fishing equipment. Nothing wrong with purchasing good hardware for a hobby you love. The remarkable difference is, you will feel a significant increase of precision, fun and propably skill while a 700€ fishing reel does not make you catch more fish than with a 200€ reel. Beeing "normal" is relative... ;)

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

I know ppl with average monthly income spending thousands of €uros for fishing equipment. Nothing wrong with purchasing good hardware for a hobby you love. The remarkable difference is, you will feel a significant increase of precision, fun and propably skill while a 700€ fishing reel does not make you catch more fish than with a 200€ reel. Beeing "normal" is relative... ;)

That with the Fish, that is true :megalol:

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

That was good. matrix.gif