Which aircraft are you most interested in?

Griffin

Which aircraft are you most interested in?  

683 members have voted

1. 1. Which aircraft are you most interested in?

• Republic P-47D-28 Thunderbolt
    • Supermarine Spitfire Mk IX
    • Messerschmitt Bf-109K-4
    • Hawker Typhoon IB
    • Focke Wulf FW.190A-5
    • Douglas A-26B-15 Invader
    • Messerschmitt Me 262A-1
    • Lockheed P-38J-15 Lightning
    • de Havilland Mosquito FB.VI
    • Boeing B-17

To be honest, the plane I would want the most for DCS is Tempest Mk.V

Agreed

and how can the Typhoon be missing. It was in Normandy from the start and instrumental in making the breakout possible.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're already headed to the Pacific theater (which wasn't very pacific). Someone's working on the F4U Ensign Eliminator and the Essex flattops. Seems like we need something for that F4U to fly against, and maybe a bird or two for it to fly with.

We can do a pretty good job of faking the European war with what we have and what's been announced. Once we get what's been announced on the other side of the war we're still missing a few pieces, even if we let the Japanese forces borrow a few Essex carriers to not fly the aircraft they don't have...

So, my wish list? A6M5. The Japanese can always borrow German land aircraft in the short term.

1) Boeing B-17

2) Lockheed P-38J-15 Lightning

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

Just now? The venerable Ilyushin IL-2 Sturmovik single-seater. And I'm not joking either, so more's the pity that we'll probably never see one (or its accompanying theatre) in DCS.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

I think our best hope is a mod group turns out some AI birds.

Maybe even re-task some cockpits Ie : !09 k4 for 109 e4 etc.

There are/were quite a few WW2 planes done but they don't work in the latest versions.

This is still listed in the download section.

A6M Zero

B-24 Liberator

B-26 Marauder

B-29

Bf-109E

Douglas DC-3

F8F-Bearcat

Fi 156 Storch

FW-190 A4 /A5

He-111

Ju-87

Ju-88

Lancaster

Macchi 205 Veltro

SM-79 Sparrowhawk

Mistubishi G4M

P-38D / L

P-47

They're already headed to the Pacific theater (which wasn't very pacific). Someone's working on the F4U Ensign Eliminator and the Essex flattops. Seems like we need something for that F4U to fly against, and maybe a bird or two for it to fly with.

We can do a pretty good job of faking the European war with what we have and what's been announced. Once we get what's been announced on the other side of the war we're still missing a few pieces, even if we let the Japanese forces borrow a few Essex carriers to not fly the aircraft they don't have...

So, my wish list? A6M5. The Japanese can always borrow German land aircraft in the short term.

Leatherneck is also working in a A6M5, AI for the moment but there is enough information available to make it full fidelity module. Also Nick Grey is a warbird passionate, so I am sure that we will have more warbirds for the Pacific.

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

Good initiative!

My ordered list:

1. Hawker Typhoon IB

2. FW.190A-5

3. A-26B-15

4. B-17

5. P-47D-28

6. Me 410 A

7. Mosquito FB.VI

8. P-38J-15

9. Ju-88

10. Bf-109K-4

11. Spitfire Mk IX

12. Me 262A-1

My reasons are many and involve how many times I have flown them in other sims, usefulness for the scenario/balance, gut feeling and sex appeal... ;)

EDIT - And we need an me but I never liked the K so that's why it's so low as I follow the thread rules ;)

Not to mention...Normandy needs the Typhoon given how many squadrons of them operated there and how it turned the battle at crucial times. Give us the Tiffy!

For mission purpose (as flyable) :

Plane with ground attack capacity

Fighter

Medium bomber

Interceptor

Heavy bomber

So (don't take into account the already made or the P47 that is near to be there) :

Hawker Typhoon IB

Focke Wulf FW.190A-5

Lockheed P-38J-15 Lightning

de Havilland Mosquito FB.VI

Douglas A-26B-15 Invader

I would prever A20 or B25/26 bomber (and the straffer version of A20 and B25)

Messerschmitt Me 262A-1 (as it is quite unique plane for the ww2 era, I will take it day one, but because it is unique, it's a plane that is not a priority to me to be included in game).

Boeing B-17 (really not a priority as a flyable but I would buy it day one too).

For me Allied side is complete for now P-51 Spitfie P-47 and Mosquito,

Now we need twin engine aircraft from Axis side,

Then DCS ww2 have to turn attention to Russian warbirds

Famous IL-2, Yak-9 etc etc

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

:thumbup: Would love a Typhoon. Just wondering if there's any useful modelling data available for it, because AFAIK no flying examples exist anymore. Hmmm...

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Why the hell everyone wants a Typhoon on the first place and not the Tempest? :doh:

All DCS allied pilots complaints they do not have 150 octane fuel and are envious of MW50 on Luftwaffe fighters. Tempest would be a respectable adversary to them.... Are not here any pure fighter pilots but only strafing maniacs? :megalol:

n.b. THIS IS NOT THE START OF THE FLAME! Take my note with the grain of salt pls :music_whistling:

Edited by tapi

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast! (Ken Gatward before his solo Beaufighter mission 1943)See vid here

HW: i7-12700K, 32 GB RAM, MB PRO Z690-A DDR4 , GTX 3080, LCD UltraWQHD (3440x1440) G-SYNC 120Hz,Tobii Eye Tracker 5, VKB Gunfighter III (KG12 WWII), MFG Crosswind, AuthentiKit Throttle & Trims, Windows 11 64-bit

Typhoon Ib makes the most sense. There were only three Tempest V squadrons with ADGB around the timeframe of our map and 25-28 Typhoon Ib squadrons in England around D-Day.

The allied pilots are complaining about lack of 150 octane fuel because we have been flying a 1943 vintage Spitfire against 1945 vintage Luftwaffe fighters for some time. Recently we have got a more reasonable opponent in the Fw-190A-8, however, it is a year newer than the Spitfire. A Spitfire like ours built in March of 1943, would have been upgraded with a minimum of a Gyro Mk II gunsight and a Frank Mk II anti-G flying suit.

By early 1945, the same timeframe as the Fw-190D-9 receiving the Gyro gunsight, the majority of P-51D-25 would be using 150 octane fuel.

Typhoon Ib makes the most sense. There were only three Tempest V squadrons with ADGB around the timeframe of our map and 25-28 Typhoon Ib squadrons in England around D-Day.

The allied pilots are complaining about lack of 150 octane fuel because we have been flying a 1943 vintage Spitfire against 1945 vintage Luftwaffe fighters for some time. Recently we have got a more reasonable opponent in the Fw-190A-8, however, it is a year newer than the Spitfire. A Spitfire like ours built in March of 1943, would have been upgraded with a minimum of a Gyro Mk II gunsight and a Frank Mk II anti-G flying suit.

By early 1945, the same timeframe as the Fw-190D-9 receiving the Gyro gunsight, the majority of P-51D-25 would be using 150 octane fuel.

You are certainly right from a historical point of view Rob. But I considered it from the gameplay view on the other hand. With P-47 a Mossie allied pilots will have very competent ground attack fighters. So why another one? But there is a lack of high powered allied fighter for low and medium altitudes. Well, I have to admit I have mainly multiplayer in my mind.

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast! (Ken Gatward before his solo Beaufighter mission 1943)See vid here

HW: i7-12700K, 32 GB RAM, MB PRO Z690-A DDR4 , GTX 3080, LCD UltraWQHD (3440x1440) G-SYNC 120Hz,Tobii Eye Tracker 5, VKB Gunfighter III (KG12 WWII), MFG Crosswind, AuthentiKit Throttle & Trims, Windows 11 64-bit