Thinking of pulling the trigger on WH hotas

FOXFIRE TWOONE

My birthday is coming up in two weeks and my mind is saying go, but that little guy on my shoulder keeps sticking with his little pick. :D So my question is, does anyone know of any hush hush plans by thrustmaster to upgrade/update the WH in the not to far future. I have read many post, and watched, numerous vid's on the slew mod, and the gimbel work around, but don't think I want to go through that. My X52 still works fine, and hasn't given me any trouble in more than 10yrs of use, but I want to upgrade.:pilotfly: My thinking is now that the 18 and 16 stick is out they would be working to better the best selling Hotas on the market.

Thanks

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

There's no such thing as the "F-16" stick... it's the same grip you would get if you bought a Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, as both real aircraft share the same control stick design (When they A-10A was upgraded to the A-10C configuration they replaced the control stick with an F-16 unit.. I don't know if the parts are 'part number' identical). Since the A-10 paddle switch design was difficult to replicate on the desktop HOTAS, it appears TM copied the F-16 design. Thus the grip on the TMWH is a combination of A10/F16, which is why TM calls it both depending on the package it's placed in.

Thus if you bought a Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, you would get an A-10C Throttle (and the right throttle is identical to the F-15E), an A-10C joystick (gimbal+grip) and the Thrustmaster F-16 grip (it's the same thing) all in one.

And don't forget the rudder pedals ($80 to $600+). :)

I have pedals:thumbup:

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

If your interested in flying the A-10C then the Warthog HOTAS is a great choice.

Thrustmaster has so far chosen only to produce stick add ons (F-18,F-16)

While it is nice to have replica sticks, You will be using the replica stick with the replica A-10C throttle.

In the past Thrustmaster has produced replica HOTAS (the Warthog and the Cougar).

The new direction for Thrustmaster appears to be away from replica HOTAS into "mix and match" HOTAS

This has lead to a lot of dissapointment in the community

Winwing has recently produced a HOTAS for the F-18, So there are options for someone who prefers a replica HOTAS setup.

Edited by DataHawk

I came from a X52 (non-Pro) and love it! I bought the green spring for less resistance. Simple to install, makes a heck of a difference if you don't have an extension and aren't used to how stiff the WH is out-of-the-box. I have a decent slew setting figured out. Who knows if I'll upgrade that later on. If you are flying a newer airframe, you need more inputs than the lower-tier joysticks provide (for me, to make it truly HOTAS and get the mouse out of my hand). I bit the bullet when things weren't on any kind of sale, and I still don't regret it! Jump on it while it's on sale and your significant other will be easier to woo over on the purchase price. I can always replace the stick, gimbal, or both if I'm not satisfied and want to make the leap to Virpil or something even more top-shelf. My options were limited with the x52. The WH opened up the world to me. The value I get now when flying was worth every penny. </2¢>

Coming from the X52, the Warthog HOTAS will be a great upgrade you won´t regret. Depending on what you´re flying, i´d recommend not to buy the complete HOTAS. If your focus is on the Hornet, get the F/A-18 grip + the WH throttle and buy a VPC base. Will be about the same price as purchasing the WH HOTAS + the Hornet grip and you get around the gimbal issues. You just don´t get the F-16/WH grip that way. If you want both, the Hornet as well as the F-16/WH grip, get the HOTAS set + Hornet grip, purchase a better base later and sell the Warthog base on ebay if it´s still working perfect (or keep it in reserve).

Edited by VpR81

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus + F-15EX / 4x TM Cougar MFD / Slaw Device RX Viper V3 / HP Reverb G2

Pulled the trigger today :gun_rifle: WH Hotas too arrive sat:D:D

Thanks for input

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

My birthday is coming up in two weeks and my mind is saying go, but that little guy on my shoulder keeps sticking with his little pick. :D So my question is, does anyone know of any hush hush plans by thrustmaster to upgrade/update the WH in the not to far future. I have read many post, and watched, numerous vid's on the slew mod, and the gimbel work around, but don't think I want to go through that. My X52 still works fine, and hasn't given me any trouble in more than 10yrs of use, but I want to upgrade.:pilotfly: My thinking is now that the 18 and 16 stick is out they would be working to better the best selling Hotas on the market.

Thanks

Got my hotas setup and took my first flights with it last night and this morning. Just doing takeoff's and landing. :thumbup: I thought I did pretty good with the X52 but this thing make's it dam easy.:lol: Glay I made the switch. Now to make new profiles for all aircraft and rotor's:book::)

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

If you want get the f-18 grip and the wh kit that will give you the grips for most of the usaf dcs jets get Tharp pedals mod them with a dampener and you will be trilled.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

I upgraded from the X52 to the WH and MFG Xwinds just over a year ago. I got lucky, by chance searched my local Craigslist for sale listings and some guy had a brand new, never opened and was asking $375. At the time, Dell had it on sale for $350 so I offered him that, but he said since he and I were both Air Force, he sold it to me for $325. Deals are out there and you'll love the new HOTAS.

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]