What exactly is this?

Skip the Mustang? That is a sad statement for a true sim pilot.

This only leaves me still wanting the F/A 18 w/Carrier Ops...the Carl Vinson looks so very lonely sitting out there...:pilotfly:

It's a beautiful plane, and of course a nice work from ED, but I'm more into modern era planes ;)

"Sieh nur, wie majestätisch du durch die Luft segelst. Wie ein Adler. Ein fetter Adler."

http://www.space-view.net

I'm sorry, this just keeps going through my head: " Spectrum HoloByte wants to expand its Electronic Battlefield Series to include not only low-flying A-10 "Warthog" tank-busters but also the ability to link up with a tank simulation on the ground."

I'm gonna need a piddle pack due to all this giddiness. :-)

Will this be a more of a simulation (Arma II level), or more of a game (Battlefield 3 like)?
it's kind of between ArmA and BF3. Real ballistics and arcade-like other parts.

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

I guess it's a development from this project, 2 years ago.

i5 4670 - Sabertooth Z87- GTX Titan - Dell U3011 30" - 2x8GB RAM 1800 - Samsung 840 EVO 512GB SSD - Warthog HOTAS - CH Pro pedals - TrackIR5 - Win7 64bit

EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE :thumbup:

ARMA II is not a "simulator" and surely is quiet arcade related to armoured or mechanizwd warfare.

If you want an armour simulator, try Steel Beasts Pro Pe. Less than that is just a game or arcade

And since I'm new to this please forgive me for asking an old question but we'll be able to plug in other games into this DCS Combined Arms interface like ARMA III or Steel Beasts Pro PE and interact with the DCS world of FC3 or FC2 or Black Shark or A10?

I think this is the amazing part, if it's really more than just a rumor. I'm trying to imagine how that will work out..

I think CA is great, but as my violin competition adjudicator said about my playing, "Don't stop here, you've done great, but you need to go further with this." I think CA is great, but only if Matt & gang ;) keep on upping the realism of ground units from here. Look at what the ground AI does now, and look at SB Pro PE. The motions need to be more fluid, and the ability to find hull down positions automatically would be awesome as well, which brings us to armor, simply put, having different values for front/back etc. is nice, but you need to push it further. Have different values for things such as the gun mantlet, the glacis, etc. The ground AI took a big step forward with DCS A-10C with the smoke and the displacement (or was that black shark?). Keep going! Make tactics more individualized, and less group based (At least for NATO forces). This would result in more interesting battles A-10's and black sharks as well. I'm not saying to implement any of this in the first release, just incrementally. Thanks again for CA.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think this is the amazing part, if it's really more than just a rumor. I'm trying to imagine how that will work out..

Wherever you heard the rumor, don't go back for more.;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Damn, you guys have caused me to lose a bet with my best mate. I stated there was no way, we would ever see a real digital battlefield in our lifetime.

Never thought I would be so happy to lose a tenner ;)

If you guys pull this off, and from what I've seen so far, you certainly will. This is gonna be a Hugh step forward in pc simulation.

Only real issue I can see is deciding what you're gonna fly. A10, KA50, F14, F15, F22, Mig 21, SU25 or the P51 and if non of that takes your fancy. Or Go and play in the mud as a FAC or tankie.

Damn life is good, life is DCS.

Cowboy10uk

Edited by Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

This is very cool.

Intel i7 6700k, Asus GTX1070, 16gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung Evo 850 SSD @ 500GB * 2, TrackIR 5 and 27" monitor running at 2560 * 1440, Windows 10.

When the BETA comes out, I guess alot of questions will be answered. I have always enjoyed the vehicles in other games, but found the terrain way to restrictive. This will be a nice change of pace.

Intel i7-3770K,Windows 10 64,Noctua NH-U12S ,ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ,G.Skill 32GB DDR3 2400,EVGA GTX 1080,ADATA XPG900x2 RAID 0, CM HAF XB Case,Thrustmaster Warthog,Combat Rudder Pedals,Logitech G930 with wireless TrackIR 5, 39" Insignia LED 120Hz Monitor, Oculus Rift

• 3 weeks later...

Cept the part where it takes u 15-20 mins to drive to your objective than "boom" from incoming vickers an or anti-tank guided rocket. Adds another level of realism an fear of death, but hopefully forces teamplay between Air an Land units. As someone said..wow. Just waiting for the pre-purchase button to magically appear:thumbup:

Cept the part where it takes u 15-20 mins to drive to your objective than "boom" from incoming vickers an or anti-tank guided rocket. Adds another level of realism an fear of death, but hopefully forces teamplay between Air an Land units. As someone said..wow. Just waiting for the pre-purchase button to magically appear:thumbup:

Indeed - Run and Gun is not what you want to do - co-ordination is required.

Nate

Indeed - Run and Gun is not what you want to do - co-ordination is required.

Nate

I think this is why I am somewhat leary of some of the aircraft being developed for DCS world. I understand the concept of baby steps... And i honestly hope all of these projects come to fruition.

That being said, I've been playing computer games pretty much continuously since 1993 when I got my first real PC. Some flight sims,mostly First person shooters. In that time I've had many games I was very happy with playing with friends ruined by "Improvements". Well thought out and fun games were ruined when an "improved" version catering to the ADHD segment of society. I don't wanna see DCS: World ruined just so people can make money.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

What sort of improvements are you referring to that ruined past gaming experiences?

Isn't that the point of sequels and updates? To improve things from the previous iteration? Or are you just talking about some of the more massive changes between multiple products of the same version? e.g. the first Rainbow Six compared to R6: Vegas

On the plus side, the mission editor practically defines the gameplay within this simulator. If you don't like aircraft X or certain new features, don't put it in missions. Its as simple as that.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

On the plus side, the mission editor practically defines the gameplay within this simulator. If you don't like aircraft X or certain new features, don't put it in missions. Its as simple as that.

Neat, simple and final. I really like that.

Maybe there could be an FAQ (if there isn't one already), as this type of misconception appears quite regularly on this forum and on others.

There are other misunderstandings that seem to me to appear quite regularly as well, e.g.

Q. why pay $40 per plane. It should be $40 for the whole sim

A. Each aircraft is a study sim in it's own right. If you don't want to fly a particular aircraft then don't buy it.

Q. Why the Mustang, it doesn't fit.

A. (in 2 parts)

• It's a study of the P51-D Mustang, just as the A10 and the Ka50 are study sims of those particular aircraft. The end-user controls which planes fly via the mission editor .. yada-yada.
  • DCS World is not a simulation that imposes a specific storyline. It's an open modular world and people are free to design their simulation experience as they wish. Of course the complexity of these storylines will depend on an expanding base of 3rd Party Modules to populate the sandbox concept of DCS World. This will happen eventually.

Q. Are you mad!? You've signed up 3rd Party Dev XYZ!? I've seen their product in Flightsim LMK and it was totally crap!

A. (in 2 parts)

• They are developing now for DCS: World ... not sim LMK. It is unreasonable to draw conclusions on such disparate platforms.
  • Is it really anyones business who ED/DCS hire and fire?

etc .. etc .. you get the gist of it :D

• Like 2

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

The anticipation is almost killing me 8)- Don't think it'll matter which aircraft so long as mission makers offset/balance out for each aircraft they decide to use in missions. Maye like a10's for blue side an SU25's for red side etc with maybe ai controlled CAP aircrafted vice versa, IMO which is gonna make this experience so unique an very very interesting come game day 8)-

• ED Team
Neat, simple and final. I really like that.

Maybe there could be an FAQ (if there isn't one already), as this type of misconception appears quite regularly on this forum and on others.

There are other misunderstandings that seem to me to appear quite regularly as well, e.g.

Q. why pay $40 per plane. It should be $40 for the whole sim

A. Each aircraft is a study sim in it's own right. If you don't want to fly a particular aircraft then don't buy it.

Q. Why the Mustang, it doesn't fit.

A. (in 2 parts)

• It's a study of the P51-D Mustang, just as the A10 and the Ka50 are study sims of those particular aircraft. The end-user controls which planes fly via the mission editor .. yada-yada.
  • DCS World is not a simulation that imposes a specific storyline. It's an open modular world and people are free to design their simulation experience as they wish. Of course the complexity of these storylines will depend on an expanding base of 3rd Party Modules to populate the sandbox concept of DCS World. This will happen eventually.

Q. Are you mad!? You've signed up 3rd Party Dev XYZ!? I've seen their product in Flightsim LMK and it was totally crap!

A. (in 2 parts)

• They are developing now for DCS: World ... not sim LMK. It is unreasonable to draw conclusions on such disparate platforms.
  • Is it really anyones business who ED/DCS hire and fire?

etc .. etc .. you get the gist of it :D

A very comprehensive and insightful reply. I wish we had thought of it and made it a sticky! It might reduce the amount of "noise" on the forums. As well as developing the software, we do read the forums every day!

Regarding the Mustang. I think some people do not appreciate the significance. We have proved we can model fixed wing jets, and rotary wing. The third "leg of the stool" is prop aircraft, which obviously have completely different characteristics to jets. It opens up opportunities for modern prop aircraft, Pilatus, Tuscano etc.

Edited by JimMack
  • Like 1

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

It opens up opportunities for modern prop aircraft, Pilatus, Tuscano etc.

You forgot the most important one. :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

You forgot the most important one. :(

Quiet you!

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL