Open Teamspeak

I plan to renew the server next month. So its good for another six months.

56 users in the servers history list. About 20 have visited in the last week. Many of them more then one time. Life has kept me off DCS for the last 3 months. I have seen the activity on the server. It seems busy enough to keep around.

If its not known or clear to everyone. You can use this server for anything you like. I created a channel for the Firehouse server, a DCS A10 server. Anyone else hosting a part time server is welcome to use this teamspeak. PM me and I'll set up a channel for you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks,,, I stumbled upon this today and will make use of the TS server,,, many thanks

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I guess as a progress update.

17 people have logged onto the Public Teamspeak today alone. Everyone is welcome.

Cobra commander has been using this Teamspeak for his 555 public missions and they have been a great time. We were using TARS tonight and it was a good deal of fun when we got it working.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the update,,, I still havnt jumped into multi,, but now setting up a touch screen,,, after I get through that,, Im diving in the deep end,,,

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

VERY good idea. But 95% of DCS servers are always locked, even when empty. If your lucky enough to get on an unlocked server, theres a chance that its to many hops to keep your ping rate below 'kickable'.

The DCS/LO community is not open with their servers, for whatever reason, I don't know. This, in turn, hurts the product IMHO, although I have no data to back that statement up. Unless Hyperlobby shows a bunch of servers that arent on the DCS server list that are out there somewhere, ( yeah right ) things look pretty bleak.

We need more people like this willing to share the virtual airspace and let those without servers or who are new or whatever have a place to go. DCS is fairly unique in its having both single / multiplayer replayability, but nothing quite like having 20-30 human piloted aircraft wizzing around blowing shit up. Servers with many pilots online are excellent for marketing, as its hard for anyone to pass up not hopping on to participate and maintains the wanting to go DCS, not find something else because you're unable to go to the multiplayer step.

If I get a better connection I will put up a game server that's unlocked for all to fly, with a process to let mission builders without a server throw their missions on...If I remember correctly LO was 45kb per aircraft, so I imagine when the fiber is available here, that will suffice.

Also, a day or two out of a week for 'noobs' or whatever to have labels on etc etc.

It would be beneficial if ED could throw up a server, but there is overhead that comes with it, and who knows what their workload/ budget currently supports. Also, reading some of the less proactive posts and comments shows some of the appreciation one would have to deal with if a game server was offered.

• 7 months later...

It comes to about 6$ a month. I can afford it. I'm not breaking my bank for it. Also, I don't mean to brag, but it has been one of the best teamspeaks I have ever used in way of quality and no downtime. I still get 3-4 regular players that use it. I also use it to keep in touch with friends out of state.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Me too!

Edited by DanielNL
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

There has been problems with the server recently. On December 3rd it was moved from Chicago IL to Dallas TX. Users are having distorted speech and lost connections now with the new server. If you are also having problems with the server please let me know. I only manage to speak to 5 or 6 users and they all seem to having these issues.

I can move the server to the west coast if the Dallas service continues to give issues.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 10 months later...
...Users are having distorted speech and lost connections now with the new server...

Check users for ping and packet-loss. I had similar problem and it was caused but poor connection of single (!) user who had packet-loss ~30% and ping over half second. No wonder TS-server had problems to keep connections.

I already asked on TS-forum, but there is actually no way to auto-disconnect users based on ping/packet-loss limit (unless someone made plugin in between)...