Capt Zeen F/A-18C Beta Helios Profile ! ! !

Has anyone noticed that the AMPCD lettering is very light and hard to read as compared to the DDIs? This is with full brightness, gain and contrast.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cloudie

All works for me so you must have made a user error. I will need more info on what you did to help you.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Cloudie

All works for me so you must have made a user error. I will need more info on what you did to help you.

Looks that way to me, too, but I really can't figure out what is wrong.

For the first issue, i copied the profile in the Helios/Profiles folder: https://i.imgur.com/xfRHHn8.png

And the images in the Helios/Images folder: https://i.imgur.com/V9W22va.png

I've run Profile Editor, opened the profile and run Reset Monitors successfully: https://i.imgur.com/DtDHGPo.jpg

Then I simply load the profile, as usual (used Helios with the A-10C for years and years): https://i.imgur.com/68B25zx.jpg

As you can see, I tried AUX, LFT2, BRKS, but nothing pops up.

Regarding the second issue, copied the .lua in the Scripts: https://i.imgur.com/ECSeaYO.png

If I load Loz's A-10C profile in Helios, it works normally with that same .lua. That's what's really strange here.

Can't really figure out what I'm doing wrong, I do this kind modifications pretty often (Helios for A-10C, DCS-BIOS, sim shaker, etc)... I must be missing something for sure.

I've downloaded the rar again and cleaned a bit the folders, but it's the same as before :cry:

Thanks for any input, really appreciate it!

Cloudi, if your system have more than 2 monitor check the FAQ on the web site.

There is a bug in Helios that cause your problems, there you can find the solution.

If you dont fix it, send me your profile and i can fix it for you.

Thanks, that was it. I couldn't fix it with the instructions in the FAQ, until I figured out it was the .layout file and not the .hpf that had to be modified. :music_whistling:

Weird bug considering I used the same monitor configuration with other profiles, but glad it's alright now... thanks again for your kind support

Good work! Previously, exporting the DDIs to your MFDs with the standard DCS monitor config files caused them to be blank on both the main screen and second/third monitors. Was this fixed in the last patch or does this profile work around the current export bugs in the early access version? I have two Liliputs that I usually use for MFDs and haven't used Helios much in the past, but if it allows us to get around the current problems with exporting the DDIs I'll give it a try.

Good work! Previously, exporting the DDIs to your MFDs with the standard DCS monitor config files caused them to be blank on both the main screen and second/third monitors. Was this fixed in the last patch or does this profile work around the current export bugs in the early access version? I have two Liliputs that I usually use for MFDs and haven't used Helios much in the past, but if it allows us to get around the current problems with exporting the DDIs I'll give it a try.

Inside the package of the profile, you got the files you need to export the DDis, IFEI, UFC and AMPCD to a second monitor.

Has anyone noticed that the AMPCD lettering is very light and hard to read as compared to the DDIs? This is with full brightness, gain and contrast.

As the op said in his first post for fix DDI, go to:

...DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\Multipurpose_Display_Group\AMPCD\indicator\AMPCD_init.lua

open and change line

shaderLineDrawAsWire = false

to

shaderLineDrawAsWire = true

Remember in next updates it will return to default setting

:thumbup:

Thx so much for this work Capt Zeen and coop, work perfect in my touchscreen with no issue.

Edited by ozius

Guys, i am about to buy this touchscreen display...

https://www.ebay.it/itm/273267709975?ul_noapp=true

do you think it is a good choice?

Thanks

I'd go with a higher resolution and capacitive. I have tried quite a few screens and what I ended up sticking with is the Hanns-G HT225, amazing piece of kit, checks all the boxes and is not too expensive.

| i9 12900K |  64GB DDR5-6000 | STRIX RTX 4090 OC | LG 38GN950 38" |

| Hanns-G HT225HPB | TIR 5 & Varjo Aero | Virpil Throttle & Stick | TM TPRs |

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

Inside the package of the profile, you got the files you need to export the DDis, IFEI, UFC and AMPCD to a second monitor.

Be advised I was not able to get the devices to export when I placed the modified device files in the appropriate folder in User\Saved Games. Instruments exported when I placed the files directly into the main DCS folder.

Be advised I was not able to get the devices to export when I placed the modified device files in the appropriate folder in User\Saved Games. Instruments exported when I placed the files directly into the main DCS folder.

Files under "Mods" are supposed overwrite existed in main folder, "User\Saved Games" is for export script and related files.

ozius

I did that but I must have done it to the wrong file. Did it again. Will test later.

works perfectly.

Edited by sobe

I'd go with a higher resolution and capacitive. I have tried quite a few screens and what I ended up sticking with is the Hanns-G HT225, amazing piece of kit, checks all the boxes and is not too expensive.
Thanks...i think i will follow your advice

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

How do I get rid of the black columns that are on either side of the pit? I use a different size monitor and need to remove them. I cannot select them and therefore I cant delete them.

You'll have to use Helios Editor.

Load the profile, reset your monitors an re-arrange everything up to your needs.

Be aware: Tedious work ahead.

3OECgei.jpg

Working pretty good.

Any chance you can post your 2_monitors-FA18C.lua file? I have a setup close to yours and I can't get anything working.

My setup is a 2560x1080 main screen with at 1920x1080 touch centered under it, and I am getting none of the pop outs.

New question. Is there a reason my UFC is not being exported? I have not changed anything for it and it is not appearing on the screen anywhere. The x/y coords make it so it should appear in a visible location, but it is not.

Everything else works great!

Some issues

Tonight I did a cold start on land with this profile and ran into some issues and I am not sure if it is me or the profile that has problems.

1. The hook bypass switch will not stay up but will stay up if I use the switch in the game.

2. I could not turn the Aux Radio Altimeter dial in the lower left side of the profile. When I turned the dial in the game, the dial in the profile turned.

3. I noticed that from time to time the lower portion of the profile would flash green.

Other than the foregoing, all seems to be working.

Edited by sobe

New question. Is there a reason my UFC is not being exported? I have not changed anything for it and it is not appearing on the screen anywhere. The x/y coords make it so it should appear in a visible location, but it is not.

Everything else works great!

Try turn the UFC bright knob to the top, the exported UFC is very dark