F-15 Radar Target BRA vs BULLS Poll

The AMRAAMer

F-15 Radar Target BRA vs BULLS Poll  

43 members have voted

1. 1. F-15 Radar Target BRA vs BULLS Poll

• BRA
    • BULLS

• 3 months later...

The real radar screen displays both, or more specifically, it displays PDT offset from the currently selected WP. WPs are also displayed on the real radar screen.

Since the in-game radar does not, you can still compute it via fix-to-fix navigation techniques. You just need to have a WP that represents bullseye.

The SIT display on the MPCD displays bullseye proper, but we don't have a functioning SIT display in game :)

You can probably expect to not see any of this in the FC3 jet. BRAA is most relevant when the fighting starts, bullseye references are for coordination among geographically separated groups, or when a lot of groups need to be informed of the contact position at the same time.

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Bra for me..... Allows me to visualize where the target is faster than Bullseye. For me, when working with BE I need to remember where BE is and it's just another step to attain SA...

I choose BRA! :)

• MB: MPG Z790 EDGE WIFI
  • Memory: WD Black SN850X 2TB PCIe Gen4 NVMe M.2
  • CPU: Intel Core i9-14900K Desktop Processor 24 cores (8P+16E) 36M Cache
  • EVGA 1200W Gold PSU
  • MSI RTX 3090
  • TrackIR on Samsung 49 inch Odyssey Widescreen
  • No money in my pocket lol

• 2 weeks later...

IRL, the F-15 scope gives you both. I wish it was like this in game. Bullseye would actually be better than just BRAA at a minimum because it gives GCI/AWACS a better air combat picture when people give "targeted" and "fox 3" calls. If I could choose one, it would be bullseye, but another limitation of the DCS F-15 is that it gives BRAA on your PDT rather than where your cursors are. It's harder to target into people when your cursors aren't showing any BRAA info, just info to where your target it. Only disadvantage to this is during maneuvering your finger might slip on the TDC and bring the cursors off the PDT, but you can quickstep to your PDT easily using the coolie switch and it hooks the cursor back onto the PDT to give you accurate bullseye and braa info again. I've pretty much given up on BVR DCS stuff because the radars and missiles are so poorly modeled, but flight model is best out there so I do a lot of guns only stuff for fun now. Falcon BMS has a better modeled AMRAAM if you want to get into that, but there's no good multiplayer for it.

" Bullseye is used in case radio communications are intercepted by the enemy - since the bullseye point is agreed upon prior to the flight and is not stated over the radio, the enemy will not be able to determine where you are referring to if you use bullseye terminology. In addition, using bullseye coordinates helps improve situational awarness, since it is an absolute frame of reference. If AWACS tells another aircraft that they have enemy fighters at "3 o'clock, 25 miles", you have no idea where they are. However, saying that the fighters are at "bullseye 120 at 100 miles" tells you exactly where they are located "

THAT being said...once the fur ball starts I want to know where the bad guy is in relation to ME...NOT some imaginary point on the ground...at that point we all know where each other are.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.