PAK-FA Project

If you'd have read those guides + others, you'd have known that your efforts should be focused on generating your SFM first, and would probably be working through the Wunderluft examples and getting something resembling a believable SFM set up for the Pak-Fa.

Considering you didn't even know what Visual Studio was until a scant couple of hours ago, there's absolutely no need to even think about the EFM for quite a while.

Yes I am doing SFM first but I also need to learn EFM,because a lot of people have pm me about not wasting time with SFM.

Yes I am doing SFM first but I also need to learn EFM,because a lot of people have pm me about not wasting time with SFM.

I wonder how many of those people telling you to skip the SFM have actually done EFMs.

If you believe that you have enough documentation and flight test data to build an accurate model, and the right set of talents to make it happen, along with a blessing from ED and SDK access, then definitely go straight to EFM.

If you believe there's any risk to a single item, then start with the SFM. At most it costs you a few days of tuning, but is useful for any time an AI flies your aircraft.

While the base SFM is missing a number of more complicated modeling aspects, it's plenty good enough to match mach at altitude, time to climb, turn rate, etc. data.

I wonder how many of those people telling you to skip the SFM have actually done EFMs.

If you believe that you have enough documentation and flight test data to build an accurate model, and the right set of talents to make it happen, along with a blessing from ED and SDK access, then definitely go straight to EFM.

If you believe there's any risk to a single item, then start with the SFM. At most it costs you a few days of tuning, but is useful for any time an AI flies your aircraft.

While the base SFM is missing a number of more complicated modeling aspects, it's plenty good enough to match mach at altitude, time to climb, turn rate, etc. data.

SFM comes first,I'll work on EFM after I have learn good to code,thank you for your help gospadin I appreciate taking your time to explain these things.

Edited by cubanace

Yeah, I'd probably ignore those people. There's a lot of hate for the SFM from people because it's the "simple" flight model and people are spoilt by the AFM/PFM level planes. While the SFM does have limitations, it's not terrible and is accurate enough on a large part of the flight envelope.

The reason you should do an SFM first is data driven. You'll still need to get a lot of data to make the SFM work in a believable manner, and you need much more data in order to do an EFM.

For you, considering your general lack of knowledge, just getting the SFM set up is going to expose you to a lot of stuff you'll need to research and learn about before you can even scratch the surface of an EFM.

If you start looking through the lua's for the SFM and have a full understanding of what they represent, what all the terms are, and how all the variables have been derived, then you might be in a position to start thinking about an EFM.

Until then, very strongly suggest you start learning what's required for the SFM.

Edit: sniped by gospadin. Listen to him, he's actively building the Community A-4!

Yeah, I'd probably ignore those people. There's a lot of hate for the SFM from people because it's the "simple" flight model and people are spoilt by the AFM/PFM level planes. While the SFM does have limitations, it's not terrible and is accurate enough on a large part of the flight envelope.

The reason you should do an SFM first is data driven. You'll still need to get a lot of data to make the SFM work in a believable manner, and you need much more data in order to do an EFM.

For you, considering your general lack of knowledge, just getting the SFM set up is going to expose you to a lot of stuff you'll need to research and learn about before you can even scratch the surface of an EFM.

If you start looking through the lua's for the SFM and have a full understanding of what they represent, what all the terms are, and how all the variables have been derived, then you might be in a position to start thinking about an EFM.

Until then, very strongly suggest you start learning what's required for the SFM.

Edit: sniped by gospadin. Listen to him, he's actively building the Community A-4!

Yes I have been looking at the SFM and what things mean and I am taking notes on the pakfa so I can simulate it,yes you guys are totally right the SFM is the way to go and learn,I actually love doing all this,I love how realistic dcs world really is,some people don't even know until they go deeper like we have,thanks for your help too buzzles.

At least on person exist.

When I started work on my mig29 ovt, I used sfm data and insert them directly to my Efm, and yes,it works pretty well, fitness of basics parameters such as max speed, acceleration, turn rate was almost same as sfm.

Of course I had to expand lift\drag vs aoa table, and yes at high aoa I got inverted reaction for aileron deflection which is good known for mig29.

At the end I have added thrust vectoring, whith realistic angular velocity of nozzles actuators.

Of course I`m lucky because for my mig a lot info.

Also I found very good methods from TSAGI (russian Nasa research institude) which is allow to get aerodynamic forces for wing of any configuration.

Sadly cant advice them, there are scanned pdf articles but everything in russian.

Edited by BR=55=Sevas

At least on person exist.

When I started work on my mig29 ovt, I used sfm data and insert them directly to my Efm, and yes,it works pretty well, fitness of basics parameters such as max speed, acceleration, turn rate was almost same as sfm.

Of course I had to expand lift\drag vs aoa table, and yes at high aoa I got inverted reaction for aileron deflection which is good known for mig29.

At the end I have added thrust vectoring, whith realistic angular velocity of nozzles actuators.

Of course I`m lucky because for my mig a lot info.

Also I found very good methods from TSAGI (russian Nasa research institude) which is allow to get aerodynamic forces for wing of any configuration.

Sadly cant advice them, there are scanned pdf articles but everything in russian.

If you have something usefull from your Russian institute send it over I can translate it .

sorry for my english i think you missundestood me, i was trying to explain that in order for them to do the cobra manuver they would have to turn the limiter off wich means they can infact turn the limiter off Skatezilla said that the pak fa could not turn of its computer for it to go above 9 gs, if you cant turn of the computer then how is it able to do the cobra? forget about the 9 gs thing, my point was to point out that you can turn of the flyby wire computer to do crazy things in the pak fa or su 35,30,27 ex, yes i understand that the computer controls the Gs limit to not go above 9 gs,but that can be turned off,that was my point, so by turning off the computer and flying at lets say 425 mph it can pulll hard Gs with the computer off (limiter) but with the computer on it cant go above 9 GS.

Hi,

It isn't your English, it's your understanding of the maneuver :-)

The cobra maneuver requires disabling the AOA limiter, NOT the g limiter.

It is actually a low g maneuver, around 3g.

If you try to do it at higher speeds to generate more g, you'll either fail to enter the maneuver outright and just do a high g turn, or if you manage to reach the required AOA you will lose the wings, period. It doesn't matter what you think about how tough those birds are (and you're actually wrong in this case ... these birds aren't any more or less tough than the western ones).

Generating 9g at the relatively low speeds required to initiate the maneuver would require some kind of reaction thrusters in the aircraft's nose :-)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Hi,

It isn't your English, it's your understanding of the maneuver :-)

The cobra maneuver requires disabling the AOA limiter, NOT the g limiter.

It is actually a low g maneuver, around 3g.

If you try to do it at higher speeds to generate more g, you'll either fail to enter the maneuver outright and just do a high g turn, or if you manage to reach the required AOA you will lose the wings, period. It doesn't matter what you think about how tough those birds are (and you're actually wrong in this case ... these birds aren't any more or less tough than the western ones).

Generating 9g at the relatively low speeds required to initiate the maneuver would require some kind of reaction thrusters in the aircraft's nose :-)

I understand the 9 gs part and that the cobra does not need to be done in 9 gs lol, my point was if we can turn off the aoa limiter then we can achieve higher G loads at the correct speed,would not recommend it like you said ,stress the aiframe or brake wings,another thing these planes have aoa limiter and G limiter separate if so then that's impressive.

Reworked SFM data a bit,the Pak Fa can now out turn and out accelerate both the F-15 and Su-27 in low altitude and at extremely low speeds at around 190kts, at above 350 kts it pulls 10.+ 11 gs, i am trying to fix this,so far is not loosing energy at 350 kts sustained turn while puling 10gs + lots of black outs, i have to find the correct angle and cYa would be my guess to force it to loose some energy to a point that it wont over 10G, any heads up would be accepted,Tips?

Edited by cubanace

more than likely the cobra maneuver has limitations as to airspeed and G allowance. Im sure at a lower airspeed the AoA limiter could allow for more if there is a switch similar to the flankers or simply an allowance made by the computer in certain scenarios or in a close combat mode.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

I understand the 9 gs part and that the cobra does not need to be done in 9 gs lol, my point was if we can turn off the aoa limiter then we can achieve higher G loads at the correct speed,would not recommend it like you said ,stress the aiframe or brake wings,another thing these planes have aoa limiter and G limiter separate if so then that's impressive.

It isn't just not recommended, it is out right forbidden because it will cause destruction of the airframe. People have died for real because of this :-)

separate limiters are quite common.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Hey Cuban, I have great respect for someone who takes on a project where I wouldn't know where to start and then be prepared to share it it others. I have watched some super slick T-50 displays in Moscow and I fly the Flyfreestd version for fsx and p3d. I cannot wait to fly in dcs, bring it on )))))))

• Like 1

pak-fa projet

hi cubanace

I found this of YouTube little info from pak fa and su30

if you The step already seen good look for this project

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_4SNHYPU70&t=630s&index=25&list=WL

and good days :thumbup:

Edited by bulding

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]:alien:My dailymotion channel:http://www.dailymotion.com/buldingm :pilotfly:

and youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/buldingm

hi cubanace

I found this of YouTube little info from pak fa and su30

if you The step already seen good look for this project

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_4SNHYPU70&t=630s&index=25&list=WL

and good days :thumbup:

i already have that ,thank you anyway,it is up in my pak fa project page :thumbup:

Failed at first atemp to adding textures to some parts of the testbed pak fa just to learn texturing, texture name is camuflage, texture shows up black in both model viewer and in game, i have the texture folder with the camuflage texture in DDS format, i been going trh the manual guide but to be honest i am so confused lol,any tips?:doh: