F-15C operations in Alaska in 1989-90

DaveRindner

Good find! I worked for McInerney when he was a wing commander at Clark AB, RP.

Digital Storm Lynx: i9-10850k (5.2 GHz): 64GB RAM (3200 MHz): 2TB SSD M.2 Samsung 970 EVO: 2TB Samsung HD: GEFORCE 2080 TI: Thrust Master WartHog (modified): TM F-18C joystick: Saitek Rudder Pedals: HP Reverb PRO: Volair Sim Cockpit: Current Stable Version of DCS :thumbup:

IRL Retired Maintainer of the AT-38B: F-4E/G: F-15A/B/C/D: and McDonnell Douglas/Boeing Technical Advisor for the F-15C/D. I drive trains now. :yawn:

Nice. Thanks for the find.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Alienware Area 51, Windows 10, I7-5820k, 6 cores 15mb Cache Overclocked to 3.8GGZ, 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2133mhz, Dual Nvidia Titan X 12MB. 2TB 7200rpm sata 6gb/s,

• 3 weeks later...

I was at elmendorf from apr 87 to jun 91 and went tdy to king salmon, galena and shymia plus cold lake Canada. I remember the mean temp getting down to -60 one winter and everything grinder to a halt they wouldn’t let us out after a certain temp brim frost was going on and got canceled I had a Ford Fiesta jump timing while trying to start one morning that made it a piece of junk after that since the engine had to be dropped out of the car to be repaired and I only paid $300 for it to begin with.

I remember when the volcano erupted in the phillipenes and everyone was moved to elmendorf and Clark was closed after that

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

The scene that sticks in my mind from this film is when the Commander talks about having a rookie pilot in a 2 flight night intercept of a Russian bomber and the Lead aborts leaving the kid to fly the mission solo. Gotta be a big time pucker factor.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Alienware Area 51, Windows 10, I7-5820k, 6 cores 15mb Cache Overclocked to 3.8GGZ, 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2133mhz, Dual Nvidia Titan X 12MB. 2TB 7200rpm sata 6gb/s,

Better than the time a lot col orcol and a lt were faring live misses to the site and on the way did the mock a-a . 1sr past the lt goes hit on the col. second pass the same as the first pass. The final pass went the same as the first two until a live middle left the rail. The first two passes were kills. As soon as the lt sees the missle he yellslive live live over thecommthecolhearingthisswap back to his Vietnam days slam the stick to the right the isle takes out the lt horizontal stab, most of the lt vertical stab and the lt engine.

I’m kick back on my a3 bag await to be processed for the exercise that is going on the doors to the hanger are open and I see the emergency vehicle chasing the aircraft the ac make a turn and something doesn’t look right then I loose sight of the lt side of the ac until it parks I say there goes this exercise they doubt me until it is tow into the hanger I was in sure enough they canceled the exercise about the time the ac hit the hanger.

That movie brought back many memories of ak. I was stationed at elmendorf, tdy to king, galena, and shymia and spent many weekend do on the keynai and at least made two trips to Fairbanks each year after break up.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.