FTC-2000G [Multirole][Export]

J-8B [Interceptor]
J-8D [Interceptor]
J-8F [Interceptor]

Q-5IA [Ground-Attack]
A-5C [Ground-Attack][Export]

JL-8W [Trainer/Light Attack]
K-8W [Trainer/Light Attack][Export]
I don't think trainers would be so good as we already have those and they don't have much of a mission scope in DCS. The J-8 or Q-5 sound like the best bet

There is nothing more beautiful than a little Sabre Dance
carss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 06:10 PM   #82
kontiuka
ED Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by carss View Post
I don't think trainers would be so good as we already have those and they don't have much of a mission scope in DCS
Maybe. But you'll have to rip my C-101 out of my cold, dead hands.
kontiuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 06:16 PM   #83
Roki_Vulovic

Quote:
I don't think trainers would be so good as we already have those and they don't have much of a mission scope in DCS. The J-8 or Q-5 sound like the best bet
Everyone is entitled to their opinion [my own post is an opinion], but to dismiss trainer aircraft entirely from a list of potential aircraft is unnecessarily restrictive. I like most everyone here would prefer more advanced fighter aircraft, but that simply isn't possible for obvious reasons [or not so obvious to some people as some posts would suggest]. My suggestions are all the aircraft I think are possible to replicate within DCS. Though the mission scope of the JL-8W/K-8W might be limited it is more modern than the two existing jet trainer aircraft modules. Also, the FTC-2000G shouldn’t be overlooked. It would easily be the next JF-17 of DCS in the sense that it would be pleasant surprise for most REDFOR/OPFOR pilots.

Last edited by Roki_Vulovic; 01-28-2020 at 04:38 AM.
Roki_Vulovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 12:46 AM   #84
AeriaGloria

As far as trainers go L-15 is a beast https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=257851

Do not prescribe to someone suffering from big-MFCD sickness!

Won’t happen of course, maybe after a couple other modules

I’m sure we will get something good at moving mud!

Last edited by AeriaGloria; 01-28-2020 at 12:49 AM.
AeriaGloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 02:12 AM   #85
ngreenaway

Quote:
theyve got about as much mission scope as plenty of aircraft in DCS-
uh-1, and mi-8 = carry stuff around or act as a slow gunship
su-25, a-10 = blow up stuff on the ground and not much else
pretty much all the warbirds = also known as neanderthals, only good at gunning each other, except the tf-51 which is only useful for getting shot at
yak-52, CE2= good those deviants who wanna fly civil aircraft in a combat simulator for some strange reason
FC3 aircraft= good if you absolutely, positively hate flipping switches and pushing buttons

Mig15/19/f86 = good for people who can't be trusted with pointy objects, or care whether the terrain below makes their aircraft time travellers (Normandy map) or modern day relics (all the rest of the maps)
if youre not concerned with being part of the multiplayer arms race, the smaller trainer/light attack aircraft are useful for COIN/CAS ops for countries that cant afford the high dollar aircraft and dont want decades old clapped out hand me down cold war aircraft.

some weirdos like me gravitate to the odd and unusual

they can serve as a change of pace from f-14/16/18 et cetera

also, consider the learning curve for new pilots- if their first foray into the sim is something like the f-16/f-18/a-10 , it may be a bit daunting - or an enthusiasm killer- especially for someone with limited time/energy to devote to this- they may want to learn an aircraft, but have too many commitments elsewhere to really dedicate themselves to a complex acft, a trainer/light attack acft is a good place to start, and for good reason

personally, i think the yak-130, boeings t-7a, alenia m-346, the alpha jet, the k-50 all would be neat aircraft to fly, but I fit into all the groups above

Last edited by ngreenaway; 01-28-2020 at 02:19 AM.
ngreenaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 03:39 AM   #86
carss

I think the best bet is the J-8 or the J-7 (cranked arrow delta). Maybe the Airguard version would be best to make

Old 01-28-2020, 04:13 AM   #87
AeriaGloria

Too bad they are fighters
AeriaGloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 05:55 AM   #88
Roki_Vulovic

Suggesting the L-15/JL-10 is like suggesting the Yak-130. It is the new primary jet trainer aircraft of the PLAAF and PLANAF. It isn’t doing to happen. That said, I could be wrong. Afterall, the JF-17 does exist within DCS as a flyable module. With regards to J-7 suggestions, I think it highly unlikely we will see it as a flyable module anytime soon. I don’t think ED would want the J-7 [Deka Ironworks] to cannibalize sales from the MiG-21bis [Leatherneck Simulations] at least not for now. If Deka Ironworks starts churning out complete modules and they run out of planes to produce as modules then I think ED would have no problem in allowing it, but for now there are plenty of interesting indigenous Chinese aircraft that as of right now only Deka Ironworks seem capable and interested of bringing to life within DCS.

Last edited by Roki_Vulovic; 01-28-2020 at 06:01 AM.
Old 01-28-2020, 06:19 AM   #89
carss

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeriaGloria View Post
Too bad they are fighters
Too bad? In what way?

Old 01-28-2020, 06:24 AM   #90
Roki_Vulovic

Short K-8 promotional video for anyone interested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6wVLG5zhWU