OH-58D Announcement

28 minutes ago, swatstar98 said:

Just as a little update. Development continues, and the Kiowa Warrior that we have right now is a completely superior version than the one that was seen in the streams two years ago.

Fingers crossed! Thx for the info. Hope is still alive. :thumbup:

• Like 4

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

On 8/10/2023 at 12:50 PM, YoYo said:

Okay, maybe I exaggerated, I'm not going to disqualify anyone, sorry, but I have the impression that this is some kind of excuse for lack of progress. This argument has been repeated for a very long time. I remember that there were posts a long time ago that there is no contact with him at all, so it's really hard to judge if anything will come of it. It's a bit like Michelangelo wouldn't finish his painting because one of the helpers didn't deliver his paints and is waiting only for him. This is just my own opinion and of course, I wish you all the best. I'm afraid we'll see the CH-47 sooner than the Kiowa and I'm waiting for Kiowa and I can't wait.

I have found sometimes, when things become complex, that you realise that this can't happen  before that, but for that to start, the other thing needs to be well on it's way. How far on  it's way? Uncertain.  How to get it "well  on it's way"? Well, requires X W Y Z and Omega. Oh, great,  Y and Z and C are gonna be easy, but Omega is gonna be tough.  And maybe time consuming. Ok so now James in accounting wants you  to explain it to him, and tell him what date it'll  all be completed. But it's too complicated to tell him, and if you  do, he'll make too  many wrong assumptions about how long these things will take. Telling will be damned if you do, damned if you don't.

But... the nosy onlookers from the window... that's us. Do we get told all the details? No. Why would they tell us? What's the upside for them to tell us all the details? There's downsides to telling us.  Maybe you are right, maybe the Chinook  before Kiowa. Maybe no Kiowa. Maybe Kiowa in future. Uncertainty about simulation products, be it combat or civilian, is THE constant. If you have trouble with uncertainty, then maybe this isn't the hobby for you. Maybe try other genres: AAA shooters, racing GT sims, fantasy RPG's, deck  of cards, billiards, throw a basketball around, take up  cross-country skiing or bicycling .  Maybe come back to DCS in 3 years, by then we''ll probably have Kiowas and Bo105's, Chinooks, Thuds Skyraiders, Huns and Typhoons, Intruders Kfir's and Mirage III's, maybe even Hercules will be be doing para-drops!

One thing you can take to the bank: the devs want to finish it and sell it sooner than you  want to fly it. They want to eventually get some kind of return on all those extra thousands  of hour spent on ONE aircraft, and not even get to even enjoy playing it. Because at this point "playing" is probably just testing and debugging, tedious comms with SME's about how this or that doesn't match their memories of the real thing.

Edited by Rick50
  • Like 2