Move and resize kneeboard

ScopeDope

+1 to be able to move it by dragging

However it is already possible to change location and size by editing the ViewportHandling.lua file.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=132147

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Elite, Intel i9 9900K, Fractal Design Kelvin S36, Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP Extreme, 32GB DDR4 HyperX CL15 Predator Series @ 3000 MHz, Kingston SSD 240GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe (sim), Fractal Design Define R5 Black Window, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, Win 10 Home x64, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, TrackIR (DelanClip), 3x 27" BenQ EW2740L, Oculus Rift S

Such thing should be officially possible, especially for the VR users so they could just get it "hanging in the air" or set as text on field of view.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• 9 months later...

ED needs to listen to this...the Garmin GPS can do all of these functions (move, resize, etc). This is ridiculous. There's an infinite amount of monitor/display configs we're running, and we're stuck with ridiculous kneeboard positions or fail integrity check online.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• 6 months later...
ED needs to listen to this...the Garmin GPS can do all of these functions (move, resize, etc). This is ridiculous. There's an infinite amount of monitor/display configs we're running, and we're stuck with ridiculous kneeboard positions or fail integrity check online.
+1000!!!

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

+10000000000000000000000000000

We really need this, especially for us cockpit builders where it's default position ends up inside an MFD.

There is a 3rd party app, but there are problems with it, it can screw up your cockpit, and it needs resetting after every DCS patch.

It can't be that hard to do this ED.

• 1 month later...

Hell, I'd settle for just having the on-screen size calculated correctly so that it actually results in the 3:4 aspect ratio that the files are in rather than some semi-squashed 2.1:3. I'm sure it worked properly for a specific resolution in the past, but it's all kinds of broken on all kinds of setups these days and has been for years.

…and of course, being able to resize (still at the correct aspect ratio) and move it around would be the cherry on top. :)

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

• 4 weeks later...

+1......especially for VR, be able to move it down to the seat like where a knee board would actually be.

• Like 1

i9-9900k, Asus ROG Strix Z390-3, 32GB DDR4-3000, MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 2TB Samsung 860 Evo SSD| Reverb G2| Custom Simpit- A variety of grips (TM/Virpil) on floor mounted TM Base, WinWing Super Tauris Throttles, Virpil Collective, TM Pedals, TM MFDs

Paid Module Wishlist: AH-64A, T-38, B-1B, U-2, MH-60 Pavehawk, A-10A

Map Wishlist: NAS Oceana (w/Norfolk and Expansive Ocean), Korea (Modern), Cuba, Columbia

Ai Wishlist: Ships, SOF infantry, SOF Vehicles, AH/MH-6, P8, 

• 2 months later...
Forget that. Kneeboard export to a tablet. And in VR. Kneeboard ON the Pilot model.

I was excited to see the pilot's kneeboard , but i find it difficult to see in VR . You have to lean way over , look straight down and zoom .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

For those who haven't otherwise come across it, AlaskanGrizzly's excellent KneeboardBuilder allows you to specify your kneeboard's size and position, provided you create a new kneeboard group for your aircraft of choice.

The only downside to this method is that you'll miss out on custom kneeboards that mission makers package within their miz files; but of course you could simply extract them and add them to the kneeboard group you created above.

+1 for drag and drop position/resize kneeboard.

Meantime, there is a mod that works and passes integrity check. I'm currently using it with OVGME in 2.5.5.41371 (Current Stable)

Find it here:- https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3856045&postcount=9 It includes many different aircraft.

You'll need to make different mod versions to cater for different kneeboard positions and sizes - if you want them somewhere else in different aircraft. Pretty easy to do though.

• 1 month later...

+ absolutely 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 1 month later...