[FIXED] Wheel Brake axis binding

CrimsonGhost

• 1 month later...
I thought this was implemented already? Tried it and it won't work. MCG pro handle.

The binding option for the single braking axis is there, but it does not work. Same situation in 2.5.0 and 2.5.2.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

The binding option for the single braking axis is there, but it does not work. Same situation in 2.5.0 and 2.5.2.

Yepp, so kinda partly fixed :)

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Try to set up a virtual stick. Check this out. Don't forget to get vJoy which is linked in there. Set up 2 virtual axes X and Y that both are fed by ....

Thank u very much for the link to this tool.

Additionally I can use my car Pedals as ruder, cause I can combine them now!!

• 1 month later...

No, it's not fixed. As I stated a few posts back: You can bind the axis but it has no effect. No progress.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Can you bind the same axis to both left and right brakes?

You want to bind a single pedal's signal to both left and right wheelbrake?

No. DCS World does not let you bind a single controller signal (e.g. JOY_X) to more than one command.

LeCuvier

My game crashes (screen goes black but keeps running in the background) when i try to bind a brake axis in the Viggen and press OK to accept the configuration. No way out of the black screen.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

My game crashes (screen goes black but keeps running in the background) when i try to bind a brake axis in the Viggen and press OK to accept the configuration. No way out of the black screen.

That problem exists since day 1. When you enter any control binding via Otions/Controls you get the black screen. Maintain your bindings from any mission (hit ESC, from the drop-down list select "Adjust Controls"). You can make all your changes and when you hit "OK" you return to the mission.

LeCuvier

• 1 month later...

I tried in Open Beta. No progress. You can bind a single axis to operate both L and R brakes, but it doesn't have any effect. Very disappointed with the pace of progress.

LeCuvier

• 2 weeks later...

Yes it works now; but when I use it the Viggen veers to the right. In fact, also when I use the "W" key to brake, the Viggen veers to the right. Am I the only one with that problem?

LeCuvier

I dunno if it's related to this - but some time ago something happened to breaking. I used to be able to break hard once on the ground - but currently it starts to veer of the runway really easily so that I rather not brake at all.

Cant really pinpoint when the change happened though.

A-10C Warthog | AJS-37 Viggen | F-5E Tiger II | Mig-15bis | MiG-19P Farmer

• 3 weeks later...

yep, you really have to dance on the differential brakes to maintain the plane inline when braking hard... fun... dunno if it's realistic, but it's challenging to make short landings now

Win10 x64, Intel core I9 9900k@5ghz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080 ti, MSI Z370 Tomahawk mobo, M.2 SSD, Warthog HOTAS, home made trackIr, Pimax 8K