Mig-21 Radar AA Launch Light

dores893

Are you waiting for the horizontal ranging indications to be within range on your locked contact? For example: _____ | ^ | _____ If it looks like this then you should get a launch authorization. Also, make sure the correct station of the SAR missle you intend to fire is dialed to the correct station.

Ryzen9 5800X3D, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite, 32Gb Gskill Trident DDR4 3600 CL16, Samsung 990 Pr0 1Tb Nvme Gen4, Evo860 1Tb 2.5 SSD and Team 1Tb 2.5 SSD, MSI Suprim X RTX4090 , Corsair h115i Platinum AIO, NZXT H710i case, Seasonic Focus 850W psu, Gigabyte Aorus AD27QHD Gsync 1ms IPS 2k monitor 144Mhz, Track ir4, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate w/extension, Virpil T50 CM3 Throttle, Saitek terrible pedals, RiftS

Yes, I can start at their six about 2-3km and fly all the way to over taking the target and still never get a launch authorization. I get a solid lock for maybe 10-20 seconds. Maybe I have the range set incorrectly? Should I be going off the red or the white range dial? I was going off the white. I even tried going up with all SAR missiles to make sure I didn't accidently select an IR.

On another note, my canopy floodlights don't seem to work (red or white) at night.

Otherwise, I'm very impressed. The 21 is an absolute dream to fly.

Edited by dores893

The vertical bars will move inwards as you close range with the contact.When the vertical bars have moved into the empty launch window between the radar contact the horizontal line you should get an authorization and the missle should come off the rails. Also, make sure you have power going to those pylons. Check that the rkt/msl switch is set to arm, and all the pylon power switches are checked on. Those switches are on the right hand wall panel just below the toggles for radio, navigation, etc.. and just above the toggles for the gunsight, gun cam, iff, etc,. To be safe, just put every switch on the right hand wall panel to the on position and you should be covered.

Ryzen9 5800X3D, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite, 32Gb Gskill Trident DDR4 3600 CL16, Samsung 990 Pr0 1Tb Nvme Gen4, Evo860 1Tb 2.5 SSD and Team 1Tb 2.5 SSD, MSI Suprim X RTX4090 , Corsair h115i Platinum AIO, NZXT H710i case, Seasonic Focus 850W psu, Gigabyte Aorus AD27QHD Gsync 1ms IPS 2k monitor 144Mhz, Track ir4, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate w/extension, Virpil T50 CM3 Throttle, Saitek terrible pedals, RiftS

The flood lights are indeed non-funtional for now but that will change with an update in the future.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

At least I'm not crazy regarding the floodlights!

I completed the air-to-air tutorial and none of the launch zone/authorization lights on the ASP (ASP 12, 40-42) light up for either SAR or IR. I was still able to splash my bandits. The missile launch light in the radar screen still worked, and I still got tone. I had to guess the launch zone for the IR missile.

By default, all power switches on the RV panel are on in the tutorial.

I thought that both white light & red floodlights, along with launch authorisation lights (both radar and two IR lights) are related and were not yet implemented as they require dx11. I've never seen them work myself, so I got that assumption... but I haven't seen any user tutorials or vids on yt regarding this module, so can't compare. Radar lock green light and red break-off lights are working for me though.

It might be an issue of gpu and/or graphics drivers then, since some users can see launch authorisation lights, while others can't.

Sent from my pComputer using Keyboard

My guess is that they only work with certain missiles, as some users have suggested. It may well be a direct X 11 issue that will change when EDGE is released. My lock on and break off lights work correctly.

Also, in flight yesterday I accidently opened the air brakes (which I did not know the 21 even had as it was not mentioned in the landing tutorial) when I pressed the C key. It took me a while to figure out how to close them (D key), as an airbrake button is not referenced in the manual. Does anyone know where to find the airbrakes inside the cockpit? The mig seems to stop just fine with the parachute, but it's good to have options (esp in bombing runs).

Also, in flight yesterday I accidently opened the air brakes (which I did not know the 21 even had as it was not mentioned in the landing tutorial)

You're not supposed to use them when landing. Don't ask me where I read that, but I'm pretty sure I did read it somewhere.