RED FLAG - AV-8B Harrier Mission by Sedlo - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-11-2018, 05:19 AM   #1
Sedlo

Thumbs up RED FLAG - AV-8B Harrier Mission by Sedlo

WELCOME TO RED FLAG

Welcome to Red Flag Mission 1. My goal in creating this mission is to simulate a realistic air to ground Red Flag mission for RAZBAM’s AV-8B Harrier NA. In order to fly this mission successfully, you’ll need to execute critical tasks, from hitting your timing points to low level flying to possible air to air combat.

Make sure to read and familiarize yourself with the mission briefing and what’s expected of you before you enter the mission. Things can happen fast in the air, so better to prepare on the ground!

This mission features a ton of voice overs, challenging situations and custom triggers and scripts that should help make the experience memorable.

Good Luck!

Download Link:https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...files/3215738/

Mission Briefing and Charts: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9tls6jskc...5IoLhW4la?dl=0

SITUATION

Last week, Red Army forces began to move combat units close to the Blue border, in clear violation of the UN Security Council resolution 354. This, along with frequent Red Air Force violations into the DMZ area, have led Blue leadership to realize that a Red attack is imminent.

Today, Blue forces will preemptively strike the Red Forces staging near the DMZ. The attack will consist of several AV-8B and F/A-18 strikes upon Red Command and Control facilities adjacent to the border, plus SEAD strikes against SAM, AAA and EWR sites. Aiding this effort will be several flight of F-15 and F/A-18 fighters to take care of any hostile airborne responses.

Blue forces will have AWACS, tanker and jamming support on this mission, which will be orbiting to the East.

THREATS

Red Army and Air forces are on a high state of alert.
• SA-10, SA-8, SA-3 AND SA-6 radar guided SAMs are all located adjacent to the DMZ.
• MANPADS and AAA threats exist throughout the AO.
• Hostile MiG activity has been heavy consisting of MiG-29, SU-27s (simulated by F-15 and F-16s of the 65th Aggressors and the 6513th TEF)

YOUR MISSION

Dodge 1 Flight will be targeting a Red Command and Control Bunker located at NB 67587 40715 in Range 74B, utilizing a low level, high speed run into a pop up, MK-83 bombing attack. You will only be making one pass, then egressing northeast at high speed and low altitude.

DODGE 1AV-8BSTRIKE SOUTH CCC
DODGE 2F/A-18CSTRIKE NORTH CCC
FORD 1F-15CSOUTH FIGHTER SWEEP
FORD 2F-15CNORTH FIGHTER SWEEP
FORD 5F-15CEGRESS FIGHTER SWEEP
PONTIAC 1F/A-18CSOUTH SEAD
PONTIAC 2F/A-18CNORTH SEAD
ARCO 11KC-130MARINE/NAVY REFUEL
DARKSTARE-3CAWACS
VACCUUMEC-130COMM/JAMM
SHOWTIME RED FLAG AIRBOSS
ALLEYCAT RED FLAG RANGE CONTROL

NAVIGATION LOG

WAYPOINTNAME/ACTIONNOTES
1DEPARTUREFLEX DEPARTURE RWY 03R
2FLEXNOT ABOVE 4000 MSL
3SALLY CORRIDOR ENTRY
4REFUEL TRACKREFUEL W/ARCO 11 295.4
5MARSHALL
6PUSH POINTPUSH TIME 16:45
7NAV POINTBEGIN LOW LEVEL, 440 KIAS
8TURN POINTLOW LEVEL 480 KTS
9NAV POINTLOW LEVEL 480 KTS
10INITIAL POINTPOP UP ATTACK
11TARGETTARGET (IR THREAT, USE FLARES)
12EGRESSLOW LEVEL 480 KTS
13NAV POINTLOW LEVEL 480 KTS
14NAV POINT, EXIT COMBATBEGIN CLIMB TO CRUISE
15APEXCONTACT TOWER
16NELLIS AFBLAND (OVERHEAD BREAK 21L)

CODE WORDS

EXTRA BUTTER – SEAD PUSH TIME (16:43)
EXTRA LEGROOM – FIGHTER PUSH TIME (16:44)
EXTRA ADVENTURE – STRIKER PUSH TIME (16:45)
FIESTA COORS – MISSION COMPLETE RTB

NOTES ABOUT WAYPOINTS

• This mission is trigger based and these triggers rely on you overflying your waypoints to trigger the next event.
• Fly runway heading until north of the Racetrack, not above 4000msl until waypoint 2.
• Upon reaching waypoint 3 you will be pushed to ALLEYCAT
• You must decide whether to aerial refuel prior to the push, or go without. This question will be asked of you by ALLEYCAT between waypoint 3 and 4. Answer via the Radio Menu F10 Other option. (I have flown this mission without air to air refuelling and there is JUST enough gas, but you need to be very conservative with the throttle. I recommend tanking!)
• Be at the Push Point (Waypont 6) on time (16:45) and start a descent to low level. Maintain at least 440 KIAS!
• Be at very low level by the time you reach Highway. From waypoint 7, ensure you are flying low and at least 480 KIAS.
• Waypoint 9 is where you will be turning south towards the target. Use the mountains to mask yourself from the Red Air Defenses.
• Approaching the target, Pontiac 1 flight is tasked with destroying the SA-8 adjacent to the bunker. If this SA-8 is still active for your run in, you may have to take it out with your SIDEARM.
• Utilize a pop up attack to bomb the bunker. Ensure that you pull out of the resultant dive at least 1000agl. MANPADs are expected around the target, so liberal use of flares and evasive manoeuvres is recommended.
• Egress the target at high speed towards waypoint 12.
• Remember, it’s important to overfly each and every one of your waypoints, unless directed to do something else. This mission is trigger based, and relies on you to navigate to these points to trigger the next event.
• DO NOT CHANGE THE WEAPONS LOADOUT! Mission functionality requires you to fly with what you’re given.

COMMS

CHANNELFREQUSE
1287.8AIR TO AIR / AWACS
2289.4KLSV CLND
3275.8KLSV GROUND
4327KLSV TOWER
5385.4KLSV DEPARTURE
6273.55KLSV ARRIVAL
7317.525SALLY CNTRL
8254.4LEE CNTRL
9305.6SOF
10343.725SFA
11270.1KLSV ATIS
12360.625KINS TOWER
13234.325COYOTE
14289.3CALIENTE
15228RANGE 74
16363.9RANGE 75
17238.8ALAMO
18231.1JUICE
19261.1DREAMLAND APPROACH
20300.05HAVE QUICK TOD
21377.8BLACKJACK
22257.8KLAS TOWER
23122.1FLIGHTWATCH
24123.3RENO FSS
25255.4RENO FSS
26226.1CREECH SOF

NOTES ABOUT COMMS
Most communications with air traffic control and mission elements are scripted in the mission, and do not need any intervention by the players in order to work. Do not use the default ATC comm menus in the game.

There are two instances in the mission where you will need to use the Radio Menu / F10 Other menu to make a choice.

• The first will be somewhere between waypoint 3 and 4, when ALLEYCAT will inquire as to whether you would like to do aerial refuelling prior to the push time, or not.
• The second time will occur when/if you are complete with the air to air refuelling when you’ll need to use the Radio Menu / F10 Other option to contact AWACS when you depart the tanker.
You CAN use the standard radio menu items to:
• Contact Darkstar (AWACS)
• Contact ARCO 11 (air refuelling tanker)
• Command your Wingman

Besides the examples above, you will not need to use the radio menu to contact ATC or other mission elements. These will happen at certain times or when you pass certain waypoints.

ACKNOWLEDGMENTS:

Voice overs kindly provided by:

TheHoneyBadger
T-Money
The MagnificientKO
Spudknocker

Last edited by Sedlo; 03-11-2018 at 01:09 PM.
Sedlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 10:07 PM   #2
Beazle

Hey Sedlo!

Thanks a lot for another mission! Seems like you improve them everytime! I am currently away from home and will try it first thing when I come back in a few week.

Just a question; what does the push in push 1645 means? Also, depending on how long the AAR takes, if I get earlier than 1645 to the point, what would be a real world procedure? Do an orbit before the point?

Thank
Billy
Beazle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 02:40 AM   #3
Sedlo

The push time is the time you depart waypoint 6 and proceed inbound to the target. If you're finished and you're running early, do some orbits in the area to kill some time.

Cheers, and enjoy the mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybezeau View Post
Hey Sedlo!
Just a question; what does the push in push 1645 means? Also, depending on how long the AAR takes, if I get earlier than 1645 to the point, what would be a real world procedure? Do an orbit before the point?
Thank
Billy
Old 03-17-2018, 01:41 PM   #4
whiteside

Great fun and immersion. Thanks Sedlo!
Looking forward to flying your next creation.
Will
RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
OCULUS RIFT CV1
VKB Gunfighter 2 extended/TM Pedals/TM Warthog throttles.
whiteside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 02:09 PM   #5
Sedlo

Thanks, Will! I had a lot of fun making it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteside View Post
Great fun and immersion. Thanks Sedlo!
Looking forward to flying your next creation.
Will
Old 03-17-2018, 03:04 PM   #6
cobragva

Hi Sedo,

Another great immersive mission.

I have a question:
- I installed the latest patch
- I started the mission. All was good
- I did refuel and after the refueling, it seemed like the engine had no more full thrust and bleeded the airspeed and cashed as i couldn't have enough power to go up.

Did anyone experienced it ?
cobragva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 03:20 PM   #7
Sedlo

Just flew the mission with the latest patch. Asides from no 3d buildings on NTTR, I haven't experienced that engine issue. I suspect you may have had the engine at too high RPM for too long. Best to cruise in the high 80's, and don't go much above 97% for any prolonged amount of time. Max continuous thrust is 102%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobragva View Post
Hi Sedo,
Another great immersive mission.
I have a question:
- I installed the latest patch
- I started the mission. All was good
- I did refuel and after the refueling, it seemed like the engine had no more full thrust and bleeded the airspeed and cashed as i couldn't have enough power to go up.
Did anyone experienced it ?
Old 03-17-2018, 04:50 PM   #8
cobragva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedlo View Post
Just flew the mission with the latest patch. Asides from no 3d buildings on NTTR, I haven't experienced that engine issue. I suspect you may have had the engine at too high RPM for too long. Best to cruise in the high 80's, and don't go much above 97% for any prolonged amount of time. Max continuous thrust is 102%.
Thanks, It was it

Congrats again for the mission. Very well done !!!

best,
Cobra
cobragva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 07:27 PM   #9
Sedlo

Thanks Cobra! I'm glad you liked it!
Old 03-20-2018, 05:20 AM   #10
TonyG

Fantastic. Lots happening, great low level flying. Managed to get through first time, fueled on the way in and hit my push time within a couple of seconds Look forward to more missions!
TonyG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
av-8b, nevada, nttr, razbam, single player