JUST DOGFIGHT server thread - Page 36 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-19-2020, 04:36 PM   #351
Ziptie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCabal View Post
I saw/observed F-15s & Su-27s (gun zone, 1 vs. 1, different pilots) shred everyone on multiple occasions with them flying maneuvres with these birds like you can in HAWX. So if you want to maintain such a Call of Duty meta BS stuff in DCS
For an easy reference ....

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...t/faq/general/

Cheers,

Don

Airframes: A10C, F/A-18C, F-14B, FC3, Combined Arms. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR
Ziptie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 02:16 AM   #352
Carlos

No it isn't. You've just convinced yourself of that. It's just like every other Sim in there. I pull stick back it goes up and push stick to the right it goes right and so on. Just because it doesn't have clickable buttons doesn't mean anything. I can beat a 15 with an 18 and a 16. Just as well as beating a 15 in a 15. The best part about the 15 is it's gun sight. That and it's big bird that holds 400 more rounds and takes a lot of damage. Just like in real life

Cheers ace
Carlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 05:36 PM   #353
bkthunder

Probably asked before but: WHY OH WHY ONLY 2 1v1 AREAS??

I love your server, wish there was space for more 1v1, most of the times the slots are taken and you have to wait a long time.
Old 02-27-2020, 01:08 PM   #354
JRM

Hi I can't join the server, my Nick is JRM please help!!!
JRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 02:32 PM   #355
Flighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkthunder View Post
Probably asked before but: WHY OH WHY ONLY 2 1v1 AREAS??

I love your server, wish there was space for more 1v1, most of the times the slots are taken and you have to wait a long time.

Hi Thunder !
Has been asked many times indeed. The answer is fragmentation.

Our servers are supposed to be places where we play with many others, not private one-on-one matches.
The 1v1 slots are provided as a learning/teaching and ofc fun areas.
But if you count the isolated areas (2 x 1v1, guns, AIR and WW2) you may see 6 people connected and still not a single human in some area.

Still, I was saying the same before we had 2 1v1 areas, so asking is not a waste of time. You never know

Have fun !
Old 02-27-2020, 02:40 PM   #356
Flighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRM View Post
Hi I can't join the server, my Nick is JRM please help!!!

Hi JRM !
I see you logged in the Stable server today (27-FEB-2020)
I assume the issue is resolved ?

I have another server (with password) for stability tests. I hope you are not trying to connect to that one.

Cheers
Old 02-29-2020, 10:00 PM   #357
DW2020

My buddy "DaveOcean" introduced me to your server and I am blown away by it (literally....frequently LOL). Love the variety of areas and we always manage to find action.

We fly the F15C which is a damn fine aircraft and always manage to find some very good dog fights on your server.

One thing that we find curious is that when you take off and bank right and then go to the end of the beach and head towards the mountains you always get a radar hit on an enemy Mig29 which is impossible to catch! I was doing 700 knots at low level and never caught him and in the end turned around without being able to engage him or him engage me and my buddy just remarked "Oh that's a ghost". Just curious as to what it actually is as hes always in the same location.

Anyways 10 out of 10 for an immensely playable server and look forward to getting back on in the morning

Best Regards

DW2020
DW2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 09:13 AM   #358
Flighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW2020 View Post
My buddy "DaveOcean" introduced me to your server and I am blown away by it (literally....frequently LOL). Love the variety of areas and we always manage to find action.

We fly the F15C which is a damn fine aircraft and always manage to find some very good dog fights on your server.

One thing that we find curious is that when you take off and bank right and then go to the end of the beach and head towards the mountains you always get a radar hit on an enemy Mig29 which is impossible to catch! I was doing 700 knots at low level and never caught him and in the end turned around without being able to engage him or him engage me and my buddy just remarked "Oh that's a ghost". Just curious as to what it actually is as hes always in the same location.

Anyways 10 out of 10 for an immensely playable server and look forward to getting back on in the morning

Best Regards

DW2020

Hi DW2020.
Many thanks for your nice post !
The Mig29 is the first airplane that ever flew on our server ! The idea (some 4 years back ?) was to have a small server for air to air practice. So an AI unit was needed to have someone to fight with no other players connected.
This is run by the software and it's mission is to engage anything hostile. If shot down, it automatically respawns. But update after update has gotten very, very frustrated, and depending on the amount of bugs it does weird things at times... You get the picture.
I've been meaning to make it so it only appears if only one player is in the AIR area, but never really did it.

So, there you have it, the story of the one plane that has been flying non stop for as long as the server exists.

On a side note, check the menu under "\ , F10 Other , F2 JDF SPAWN" menu if you want to spawn more units to practice.
Enjoy !
Cheers
Old 03-01-2020, 07:23 PM   #359
DW2020

Hi,

Does your server allow TACView?

Cheers

DW2020

Last edited by DW2020; 03-03-2020 at 09:27 PM.
DW2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 12:15 PM   #360
bkthunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flighter View Post
Hi Thunder !
Has been asked many times indeed. The answer is fragmentation.

Our servers are supposed to be places where we play with many others, not private one-on-one matches.
The 1v1 slots are provided as a learning/teaching and ofc fun areas.
But if you count the isolated areas (2 x 1v1, guns, AIR and WW2) you may see 6 people connected and still not a single human in some area.

Still, I was saying the same before we had 2 1v1 areas, so asking is not a waste of time. You never know

Have fun !
Hey, thanks for the answer and most of all, thanks for the server, it's my favourite because I have little time an dI can quickly jump in and fight.

Anyway I see your point, but still please consider adding one or two more areas. I have been online quite a lot lately and I can tell you, there is definitely a small "club" of people that come specifically for the 1v1 with others. We have a few rounds then exchage slots with someone else. A lot of good times and generally very nice attitude form everyone

Tags
dogfight, jdf, just dogfight, server