Problems moving F15C on ground

DW2020

I am brand new to DCS and having problems with taxiing to take off.

when I try to move the aircraft to the runway it wobbles allover the place to the point where it falls on its side! if I make it to the runway and start to increase throttle to takeoff space it ALWAYS falls over!

My startup routine:

Electrics ON

NAV Lights ON

Canopy Close

Right Engine START – run up to 50

Left Engine START

What have I missed?

Rotation at 130-150 knots

GEAR UP - yeah that IS optimistic as I never get off the ground!!

when I try to move the aircraft to the runway it wobbles allover the place to the point where it falls on its side! if I make it to the runway and start to increase throttle to takeoff space it ALWAYS falls over!

You're to fast on taxi, as Nikola said, stay slow. F-15 has quite narrowly placed mains so it's easy to crash on fast corner. On take off roll you have to use the rudder to make small corrections to stay straight on the runway. What hardware controls do you use?

What have I missed?
Taxi and anti-collision lights

Flaps extended before the take off run

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

My startup routine:

Electrics ON

NAV Lights ON

Canopy Close

Left Engine START

What have I missed?

I used a more involved startup procedure, to increase immersion if nothing else :) .. perhaps you may find it useful:

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26hqUxVfRSQdqiqaUr_g?e=YTjPlB

.. I'm sure it will be overkill for some people :D

cheers.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I am brand new to DCS and having problems with taxiing to take off.

My startup routine:

Electrics ON

NAV Lights ON

Canopy Close

Left Engine START

What have I missed?

Rotation at 130-150 knots

GEAR UP - yeah that IS optimistic as I never get off the ground!!

Like the above folks are saying, you need to make very small adjustments to the rudder while taking off. I find the F-15 to be one of the harder aircraft to keep straight at takeoff. Keep practice and you’ll get it :thumbup:

I used a more involved startup procedure, to increase immersion if nothing else :) .. perhaps you may find it useful:

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26hqUxVfRSQdqiqaUr_g?e=YTjPlB

.. I'm sure it will be overkill for some people :D

cheers.

Rudel, do you have more of those very handy .pdf's it looks like you made for reference? That one is outstanding, had to print it out.

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

Rudel, do you have more of those very handy .pdf's it looks like you made for reference? That one is outstanding, had to print it out.

I have a few, but most are for the Study aircrafts, not FC3. For example, this is for the MiG-19:

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26hYZ0GOATKDqV1Znk1w

The info is mostly from the Manual and Chuck’s Guides, but I wanted something formatted for the Kneeboard and as short as possible while still being fairly complete :)

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

With some help from a buddy of mine we found what the problem was and it is the fact that the rudder is permanently pulling to the right!

Tried 2 different joysticks and sane result but when we remapped the rudder to Z and X I had no problems on the ground and with some guidance I was able to take off finally.

Hmmm now how to fix that.....

Check your axes in controls. Use RCTRL + ENTER overlay to check whether they are assigned correctly.

Check your taxi speed. Up to 30kts on straights and less than 10kts on 90 degree turns is standard in aviation.

Checked this and yes keeping speed low on taxing to runway but I still have the same problem when using the twist on the joystick for rudder but all fine when I use Z and X on keyboard instead

I have a few, but most are for the Study aircrafts, not FC3. For example, this is for the MiG-19:

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26hYZ0GOATKDqV1Znk1w

The info is mostly from the Manual and Chuck’s Guides, but I wanted something formatted for the Kneeboard and as short as possible while still being fairly complete :)

Best regards

I've done my own for my study planes...text only...for my RL kneeboard on 5" by 8" index cards. Just hadn't thought about FC3 ones until seeing yours.

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

I've done my own for my study planes...text only...for my RL kneeboard on 5" by 8" index cards. Just hadn't thought about FC3 ones until seeing yours.

:) ... found this one that I did a year ago, for the MiG-29:

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26hLVpVmBXAVKlvVrCdw?e=81fCyb

I've others too, but as most are for my personal use the format is not as good and most are on my native language, like this one:

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26g_gfH_pzXzG4gRIAsA?e=MeeYmF

I like to write these while I'm learning a plane, the newest is this one for the JF-17 that is the aircraft that I'm flying since January :)

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26hoF8d8bVZTE_OcBBLg?e=6RkOOQ

Nowadays I try to write them in english, as I see them being shared someday.

Cheers,

Eduardo

With some help from a buddy of mine we found what the problem was and it is the fact that the right!

Go to Controls > F-15C. Choose Axis category. Check that the rudder is binded only to your twist (only in one column). Also make sure the twist is not binded to anything else. While you are in the axis menu you can test how it reacts to joystick and throttle movement.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 2 weeks later...

Best regards

How do you load this into the game to use it for the kneeboard?

How do you load this into the game to use it for the kneeboard?

I use the Kneeboard Builder utility: http://www.dcskneeboardbuilder.com/