Damage Model Update - 10/12 - Page 91 - ED Forums
 


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2020, 09:00 AM   #901
Magic Zach
Senior Member
 
Magic Zach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Alaska
Posts: 1,669
Default

This is just what I noticed from the most recent OB. I tried to get a fuel or coolant leak in the 51, but it just wouldnt do it. I was using the flak 38 I think, so maybe different weapons would get different results, like taking fire from an aircraft.
Also sorry for low resolution pics. Tapatalk recently made it so I cant attach high resolution photos without buying the “VIP” version of it
__________________
Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, Oculus Rift S
System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO
Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8
Maps: Normandy, Nevada

Magic Zach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 12:32 PM   #902
Nirvi
ED Translator / Moderator
 
Nirvi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 1,745
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow KT View Post
Got a video or track?
You can see the new oil leak effect at 02:53

https://youtu.be/uxU7nYORhF8?t=173
Nirvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 03:18 PM   #903
Magic Zach
Senior Member
 
Magic Zach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Alaska
Posts: 1,669
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvi View Post
You can see the new oil leak effect at 02:53



https://youtu.be/uxU7nYORhF8?t=173
You can turn on the oxygen to get rid of that annoying tinnitus noise in the 51. It's not a fix, but a stopgap until that's resolved
__________________
Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, Oculus Rift S
System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO
Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8
Maps: Normandy, Nevada

Magic Zach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 03:39 PM   #904
grafspee
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Poland
Posts: 2,084
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Zach View Post
You can turn on the oxygen to get rid of that annoying tinnitus noise in the 51. It's not a fix, but a stopgap until that's resolved
I though that oxygen is on by default in p51, I've never switch oxygen in p-51 and i've never had a problem with it at high alt.
__________________
grafspee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 03:47 PM   #905
Magic Zach
Senior Member
 
Magic Zach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Alaska
Posts: 1,669
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grafspee View Post
I though that oxygen is on by default in p51, I've never switch oxygen in p-51 and i've never had a problem with it at high alt.
As did I, but when I first heard it, I clicked on the oxygen control tab out of desperation. Didnt happen after that
__________________
Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, Oculus Rift S
System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO
Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8
Maps: Normandy, Nevada

Magic Zach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 12:54 AM   #906
Magic Zach
Senior Member
 
Magic Zach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Alaska
Posts: 1,669
Default

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUFc...youtu.be&t=852
What we have now seems similar, but not to this. Similar in that a texture will hide the 3D model in areas. However, this seems to follow and wrap around the outside of the model. If this is "prodecudural damage," is this what we could be getting for visuals on the aircraft, long-term? I'm a bit tired of having these giant chunks, like on the 51 now:

I hope this part of the visuals will be done away with as well, not just smoke poofs and leaks, and the texture hole changes, where a small normal, alpha, and diffuse texture can be placed where an aircraft would be hit in the place it was shot, not the general chunk of the aircraft it was shot at.

This seems like asking a lot, if the upcoming damage model isn't planned to have visual damage like this already. But it would be dandy to know if this method (or something akin to it) would be applied to DCS.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen_200226_001529.png
Views:	275
Size:	2.62 MB
ID:	228885  
__________________
Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, Oculus Rift S
System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO
Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8
Maps: Normandy, Nevada


Last edited by Magic Zach; 02-28-2020 at 05:28 AM.
Magic Zach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 05:15 AM   #907
tapi
Member
 
tapi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Czech Republic
Posts: 118
Default

Yeah, it would be nice if punches and holes were places on the spots where a/c was actually hit. Especially hits with large calibres like 20mm and 30 mm deserves IMHO more precise treatment...
__________________
HW: i7-7700K@OC(delid) to 5.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, MB ASUS Z270-A, GTX 1080Ti, LCD WQHD G-SYNC 120Hz,TrackIR5, VKB Gunfighter, MFG Crosswind, GVL Throttle, Windows 10 64-bit
tapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 06:10 AM   #908
grafspee
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Poland
Posts: 2,084
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapi View Post
Yeah, it would be nice if punches and holes were places on the spots where a/c was actually hit. Especially hits with large calibres like 20mm and 30 mm deserves IMHO more precise treatment...
That would ridiculous hard to do
That would be next level visuals
__________________

Last edited by grafspee; 02-28-2020 at 06:14 AM.
grafspee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 07:19 AM   #909
Al-Azraq
Member
 
Al-Azraq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Zach View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUFc...youtu.be&t=852
What we have now seems similar, but not to this. Similar in that a texture will hide the 3D model in areas. However, this seems to follow and wrap around the outside of the model. If this is "prodecudural damage," is this what we could be getting for visuals on the aircraft, long-term? I'm a bit tired of having these giant chunks, like on the 51 now:

I hope this part of the visuals will be done away with as well, not just smoke poofs and leaks, and the texture hole changes, where a small normal, alpha, and diffuse texture can be placed where an aircraft would be hit in the place it was shot, not the general chunk of the aircraft it was shot at.

This seems like asking a lot, if the upcoming damage model isn't planned to have visual damage like this already. But it would be dandy to know if this method (or something akin to it) would be applied to DCS.
Hi Magic, I came here to post the video. It would be very interesting for DCS indeed and I think that Nineline mentioned some weeks ago that they were investigating something similar for DCS so the bullets holes will appear exactly where the plane was hit.
__________________
i7 7700K @ 4,8 Ghz | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + WarBRD Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5
Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16 C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen
Caucasus | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy
Al-Azraq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 08:20 AM   #910
amazingme
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Bucharest
Posts: 937
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al-Azraq View Post
Hi Magic, I came here to post the video. It would be very interesting for DCS indeed and I think that Nineline mentioned some weeks ago that they were investigating something similar for DCS so the bullets holes will appear exactly where the plane was hit.
Just like in any mediocre FPS...
__________________
Specs:
Spoiler:
Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:
Spoiler:
2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5
amazingme is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:56 PM. vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.