Trim | I know I am missing something - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-16-2020, 02:08 PM   #21
Deano87

Dragon,

Before takeoff press the FCS reset button and cycle the flaps from auto-half-full and then back to half for takeoff.. All your problems should be solved.

Proud owner of:
PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.
My Screenshots
Deano87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 02:52 PM   #22
AMEDooley

Dean I think you’re missing Dragons point. He said he does that and it still doesn’t work. I’ve had this same problem on occasion. It’s really weird, and for what ever reason it’s completely random if it happens or not. Take off, land, take off again (making sure that trim is set properly) and the jet goes heavy nose up. No amount of trim helps. It happens on the Carrier for me, with only one time happening on the beach.
Old 01-16-2020, 03:01 PM   #23
Deano87

Ah ok thats a different problem to the rest of this thread, perhaps there is a binding issue with his pitch trim? I've done hundreds of takeoffs, touch and goes and carrier landings followed by launches and never had any issues as long as i've reset the FCS and cycled the flaps a few times.

Proud owner of:
PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.
My Screenshots
Deano87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 04:01 PM   #24
majapahit

There - still - is a 'pitch up' bug. You cycle flaps, gear and FCS.

This takeoff might also - possibly - be triggered by F18 weight-on-wheels, when taking off, you need to positively pitch up,

so wheels do not 'bounce' on/off the runway and trigger weight-on-wheels on/off/on, with the additional - possible - problem that gears won't come up with gear lever up, that needs weight-on-wheels also.

Try might this YMMV.
Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 32GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 40" 1080p TV | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen | VR googles
majapahit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 04:18 PM   #25
Dragon1501

I cycled tue flaps I pressed the FCS Reset button but nothing worked so far After tue takeoff and i can Run any Start up step or autostart or start a Mission where I stand Pitched in the Ground I will end up 99% with my STAB rising to 24. I also checked my Hotas but all seems fine and he dont send strange Signals. I will check the WoW, thats a good point but i still Think thats a Bug.
Dragon1501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 04:27 PM   #26
USMC_Trev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle7907 View Post
Forgive me if I’m missing something here, but isn’t the procedure to press the trim button on rudder trim knob for takeoff trim? If so, isn’t it supposed to trim it according to what flaps set and weight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Takeoff trim sets to 12, regardless of weight, which is fine for a rolling field takeoff. For carrier takeoffs, you must manually set the trim according to the aircraft's weight (referencing the NATOPS and the CHECKLIST page in your aircraft).

Stapp's Law: The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle.

i7 4770K OC'ed to 4.7, GTX 1070 Seahawk (OC'ed), Oculus Rift CV1, 32Gb RAM, 64-bit Windows 10
USMC_Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 04:27 PM   #27
USMC_Trev

Quote:
Originally Posted by majapahit View Post
There - still - is a 'pitch up' bug. You cycle flaps, gear and FCS.

This takeoff might also - possibly - be triggered by F18 weight-on-wheels, when taking off, you need to positively pitch up,

so wheels do not 'bounce' on/off the runway and trigger weight-on-wheels on/off/on, with the additional - possible - problem that gears won't come up with gear lever up, that needs weight-on-wheels also.

Try might this YMMV.
Weight on wheels does not affect the light logic at all.

Stapp's Law: The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle.

i7 4770K OC'ed to 4.7, GTX 1070 Seahawk (OC'ed), Oculus Rift CV1, 32Gb RAM, 64-bit Windows 10
USMC_Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 04:58 PM   #28
Dragon1501

How can i find the WoW Switch in the F18? I play with german language and if i search for weight on wheels i cant find a thing, same if i search for the German translation. The STAB 24 problem occur no matter if i start complete empty with low fule around 13.000 Kg or complete loaded with 21.000 kg. The only difference is that I cant fly armed because the STAB 24 Problem will kill me faster if my plane is heavy. I appreciate your help much because I feel so stupid and helpless at this point. I want to fight against team red and not my aircraft
Dragon1501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 06:05 PM   #29
Brun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon1501 View Post
How can i find the WoW Switch in the F18? I play with german language and if i search for weight on wheels i cant find a thing, same if i search for the German translation.
It's not a cockpit switch. It's a sensor which prevents things like the undercarriage being retracted while the aircraft is on the ground.
Brun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 06:38 PM   #30
sebihepp

@Dragon1501: Do you use Game-Mode oder Simulation-Mode?