Can we please get the P51 gun barrels get fixed? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-04-2019, 05:24 PM   #1
mitchelrobertson

Default Can we please get the P51 gun barrels get fixed?

The gun barrel melting/Dispersment bug still persists. I've waited almost a year since the last request for a fix on this issue for an acknowledged bug 2 years before that.

I thought IL2 Bodenplatte would satisfy my P51 needs but I was wrong. Not very much "Sim" to say the least but it sure looks great in VR. When I want to show off VR to my friends I use IL2. I would much prefer to show off DCS, wouldn't you like that too?
mitchelrobertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 05:32 PM   #2
Magic Zach

This may be fixed with the DM. I'll ask. Keep an eye on the Damage Model thread
Maps: Normandy, Nevada

Magic Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 01:42 AM   #3
mitchelrobertson

I will check it out, thanks mate!

Where is this damage model thread at? Id love to talk about the Damage modelling of the .50 cal in most of these games. .50 cal rounds burrowed deep into aircraft system, including the BLOCK. 20mm Canon caused much more surface damage with less damage deeper in ac systems. All games get this backward or not modeled at all. Ask ANY WW2 pilot, they all confirm this. The .50cal is far more powerful than its caliber suggests. This is why it is against the Geneva Convention to use a .50 cal on the human opposition. We were taught to simply aim for the pack they were wearing instead of the person, lol.

Last edited by mitchelrobertson; 12-18-2019 at 07:01 PM.
Old 12-09-2019, 08:00 PM   #4
Syndrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchelrobertson View Post
When I want to show off VR to my friends I use IL2. I would much prefer to show off DCS, wouldn't you like that too?
Yeah if I wanna show anyone DCS it has to be under very controlled circumstances, far away from anything and high altitude. Which is a damn shame. Anything else, I just pop it in and forget about it. But DCS VR needs such nursing to function halfway smoothly for even a 1v1 dogfight. The CAP mission for the F-16 with 8 jets in the air?? Lol a freaking slide show on the lowest settings, and my system is brand new and quite beefy.
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 09:02 PM   #5
NineLine
Community Manager

Can you share a short track of the issue please?
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 06:50 PM   #6
mitchelrobertson

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
Can you share a short track of the issue please?
Basically when you get down to about 10% remaining .50 cal ammo the rounds lose all velocity and basically squirt out of the barrel instead. This happens to more planes than the Mustang too.

I no long want/use unlimited ammo so it has less impact on me than it did at first but it is quite annoying knowing that nothing you can do can save your barrels.

This shows it. https://youtu.be/VorC2vAbvDM
Old 12-19-2019, 12:30 AM   #7
NineLine
Community Manager

That video looks like too long of bursts with not enough cooling time in between.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 12-19-2019, 02:00 AM   #8
mitchelrobertson

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
That video looks like too long of bursts with not enough cooling time in between.
That was simply an example. It doesn't matter how long the bursts are, whether you use gun cooling/heating or any other variable Ive seen. It always does it. I thought it might be an ammunition quantity per barrel issue but that shouldn't change the trajectory of the last remaining firing barrels.

Its a bug and has been acknowledged as such since at least 2016. I keep having to play this game annually.

Again, now that I don't use unlimited ammo it isn't much of an issue. But an issue Id prefer got fixed someday Sometimes ya just wanna go shoot up some trains

Last edited by mitchelrobertson; 12-19-2019 at 02:05 AM.
Old 12-19-2019, 04:56 AM   #9
NineLine
Community Manager

I don't have this issue using short bursts, if you can provide a track showing this issue with short bursts I would be happy to take a look.
**How to Report a Bug**

Tags
dispersment, gun barrel, rate of fire