CTD when adding waypoints

Viking_355th

When I try to add a new waypoint in the Harrier, I get a CTD every time. I had three pre-programmed waypoints from the ME, I want to program in a fourth, so from the HSI, I choose DATA -> WPT, press 4 on the UFC, and when I press ENT on the UFC, it crashes to desktop. No mods installed.

dcs.log file ends with:

2019-07-04 05:54:55.094 ERROR SOUND: render time = 0.125942s exceeded allowed slice of 0.042667s

2019-07-04 05:54:55.267 ERROR SOUND: render time = 0.046858s exceeded allowed slice of 0.042667s

Same is happening to me, CTD when entering new waypoints, crashes everytime.

It happened to Hoggit and Through the Inferno server.

However, couldn't reproduce this in mission editor or singleplayer mission.

Okay, just checked and fixed.

The CTD happens when you input a number that is exactly the next waypoint to be included. If you enter a higher number you avoid the CTD.

My fault. I checked [wpt number] <= [flightplan size] instead of [wpt number] < [flightplan size]

I won't go into details but if [wpt number] is equal to [flightplan size] you get a CTD.

So if you want to input a new waypoint, enter a number higher than the next one, the system will set the correct index.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Hello,

It seems that choosing a higher waypoint number do the trick but, at least for me, when I add the coordinates of the new waypoint something weird happens.

I type coordinate to this waypoint directy to the north of my position. It looks good on the map screen as far as I don't deselect "data". But as soon as I deselect "data", the new waypoint appears directy to the south of my possition. The other waypoint configured through the mission editor seems to be ok, but the new waypoint is not in the expected possition.

• 3 weeks later...

A clear method I've found to avoiding this bug on MP servers where pre-aligned INS is allowed:

1) Start-up harrier but do NOT switch "INS Mode Knob" from OFF

2) Select EHSD

3) Select Data on EHSD page -> Data should now be boxed

4) Switch "INS Mode Knob" from OFF to NAV

5) Enter "77" (or any other number > 1) into UFC and pres ENT

6) Enter coordinates for WP #1 as normal

If you start-up the Harrier, switch the "INS Mode Knob" from OFF to NAV, then press Data you will CTD.

I'm unsure if the existing 'you must have an existing WP to enter subsequent WP in MP' bug and subsequent workaround by pressing Mk0 (=Markpoint #1) on the EHSD page still exists, but it doesn't seem like it.

Can confirm that this is still present in DCS version 2.5.5.34108 under certain circumstances.

I can reproduce this bug with the following steps:

- Place a Harrier in the misison editor without any waypoints

- Start up the engine

- Complete alignment like normal

- Switch INS knob to NAV or IFA

- Select DATA/WYPT

It will also crash when setting the INS to always aligned and there are no existing waypoints, if on the DATA/WYPT page the MPCD buttons for next/last waypoint are pressed.

To prevent the crash, i create a mark point by pressing MK0 on the EHSD page, after alignment and before switching the INS to IFA.

Also note: the distance and direction for created waypoints are not shown if there where no exiting ones before.

Edited by ButterCookie

• 3 months later...

Can confirm this still occurs in beta v.xx.384.

My way to crash:

BATT on

Fuel Pumps on

APU on

NAV to IFA

EHSI "DATA" LSK

Waypoint Up Arrow LSK

I should add that no waypoints provided when test mission was created (ie, empty flight plan)

Edited by Smokin Hole

Can confirm this still occurs in beta v.xx.384.

My way to crash:

BATT on

Fuel Pumps on

APU on

NAV to IFA

EHSI "DATA" LSK

Waypoint Up Arrow LSK

I should add that no waypoints provided when test mission was created (ie, empty flight plan)

Hi, Thank you do you have a track file ?

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

A buddy of mine encountered the same issue last week: On a mission with no pre-defined waypoints, he entered a WP and the game crashed.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...