Yes! 22 15.17%
No! 84 57.93%
Dont care! 39 26.90%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2014, 03:07 PM   #41
Hans-Joachim Marseille

Quote:
Originally Posted by cichlidfan View Post
Though I personally do not care, since I never hear it, I would point out that the very fact that the question has come up probably indicates that a change would be a good idea.
Sure, and since the question came up you'll also ban all guns in your country? I'm tired of people telling me what is decent, desired behaviour etc. and what not.
If you take offence in this music, you probably shouldn't be playing violent games in the first place.

Last edited by Hans-Joachim Marseille; 08-07-2014 at 10:35 PM.
Hans-Joachim Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 03:16 PM   #42
cichlidfan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Joachim Marseille View Post
Sure, and since the question came up you'll also ban all guns in your country? I'm tired of people telling me what is decent, desired behaviour etc. and what not.
You are not trying to sell this product to a large and varied audience. ED is.

Get off your high horse.
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
cichlidfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 03:25 PM   #43
Hans-Joachim Marseille

Quote:
Originally Posted by cichlidfan View Post
You are not trying to sell this product to a large and varied audience. ED is.

Get off your high horse.
Then why release a "nazi fighter" in the first place ... people may take offence. You don't want to hear it, you switch it off.
Old 08-07-2014, 03:26 PM   #44
-=MadCat=-

Reading and then thinking about different music, this is what immediately came to my mind
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMbuwOQJDwI

Besides that, personally I am fine with the music as is (will try the "cleaned" version too to see if I may like that better),
yet I have to say after the Sabre music this is quite a theme change.

Greetings
MadCat
-=MadCat=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 03:30 PM   #45
cichlidfan
Veteran

Quote:
Then why release a "nazi fighter" in the first place ... people may take offence. You don't want to hear it, you switch it off.
Good point. Consider yourself switched off!
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
cichlidfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 03:31 PM   #46
outlawal2

Quote:
Understand that ED did not intend to offend anyone.. (Not the folks that brought the issue to light and also not you either.)

I understand your point, but keep in mind that even if you don't agree (and they might not agree with you either) Doesn't mean that either point of view is not valid..

Both opinions are valid and I think ED is doing a great job making a compromise that pleases both sides.. (The release will have the speech removed but those that want the real "Feel" can load that version to their install...)

No one is telling you what you can and can't do, ED is simply trying to ensure everyone enjoys the product they are providing and in the end we are all customers and should all be allowed to express our views..
Old 08-07-2014, 03:45 PM   #47
Hans-Joachim Marseille

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawal2 View Post
The release will have the speech removed but those that want the real "Feel" can load that version to their install ...
Then what's the point of having a poll? I'm out of this discussion ... this reminds me too much of Animal Farm.

Last edited by Hans-Joachim Marseille; 08-07-2014 at 10:32 PM.
Old 08-07-2014, 03:50 PM   #48
diveplane
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by audax View Post
And I also can play this theme music without getting police called if I forget to close the windows
lmao
Old 08-07-2014, 07:15 PM   #49
zaelu
Veteran

The only problem is that some (a minority by the poll) wants others (the majority) not to hear want they want not to hear...

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,
Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least
zaelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 08:03 PM   #50
Yo-Yo
ED Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaelu View Post
The only problem is that some (a minority by the poll) wants others (the majority) not to hear want they want not to hear...
But, anyway, I understood their reasons and offered a special light version.
Yo-Yo is offline   Reply With Quote