Dora music

Aginor

Hey guys!

First of all: I love the Dora, really cool plane, and challenging as well.

I wasn't sure whether to post this, mainly because I didn't want to say something negative about that beautiful product on release day, because I really really like it. But I decided to do this. Please don't take it as a rant but mainly as constructive criticism:

All other modules have cool and fitting menu music. I like that, and the Dora has a cool one as well, even though I think it is not quite fitting. I had expected something else I guess, but it is fine.

What's bothering be a tiny bit is that we hear sirens (I would have expected that for DCS Stuka or something, but it kind of fits the Dora because of its interceptor nature as well).

But above all that.... Is it really necessary that we have to listen to some Nazi propaganda speech in the background? I think it is parts of Joseph Goebbels' "Totaler Krieg" speech, Including the crowd shouting "Heil" at the end of that part. But I could be wrong, it is almost unintelligible.

I'm not really offended by it, but it isn't exactly pleasant to listen to either. It kinda leaves a bad taste. I don't think any censors in Germany or elsewhere will start any legal actions against ED or something, and I'm not sure if someone will take it really badly, but maybe you should consider to omit that anyway, or at least check whether you think it fits.

just my 2ct.

See you in the skies :)

I thought pretty much the same in the beginning, but after some time, I realized that it is, well... historic. As well as Dora itself, so after all it fits somehow. The sirens seem more like city alarm during air raids, so they help build atmosphere ;)

Yeah, I think I could agree on the sirens, now that I have listened to that part some more (I was building a mission and changing options, so I had some time to listen to it).

I'm torn on the speech stuff though. It is kinda giving a historical mood, which I guess is the reason why the composer included it, and maybe I am oversensitive because I am German. I don't know.

Well, it may be historical, but I feel there really is no need for that kind of content. The original speech was viciously engineered to spread hatred and create a lynch mood. And if you speak German, you do get the drift of what the man is saying, even though it has been garbled. Just listening to the daily news should tell you this sort of stuff falls on fertile soil everywhere.

So... my humble opinion: not appropriate and very UNCOOL.

Historical atmosphere can be created through other means, as for example has been done to good effect with the sirens.

First thing I saw when I started on the tarmac was the tail of the plane (it was a german skin) and and I said... Lol.

Now the music has something offending in the background... Maybe playing backwards...

The music is fine for me.

Oh.. Since we are at it. On the Mi-8 module the music has some muslim theme at the begining... Weren't they the enemy in Afgan war? Did someone got offended?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• ED Team

There wasn't any meanings in the speech, but the atmosphere. Even if you could speak german, i think, you can't understand there any phrase :) Everything was carefully dissected by.

But if everyone agree with the author of the topic - ok. There's nothing left for me to do, but cut it off

Best regards,

Kanstantsin Kuzniatsou (btd)

• ED Team

I have to say that you, guys, are trying to search a harm in the wrong place. This music is for period of 1944-45 and for the German fighter plane. I think there is no reason to explain what this time meant for Germany. The idea of the music is that total inhuman propaganda leads to a catastrophe for the people who follow it. Passionate speeches, heroism, tragedies, despair and hopelessness as well. And now I began to understand it as clear as never before.

I am afraid that this music is not about history but it's a kind of premonition. Regardless of the propaganda languige.

P.S.

And it resembles me Soviet musical censorship... when Tchaikovsky's "1812" was performed in the USSR, the phrase of the Russian Imperial anthem "God save The Tsar" was cut from the orchestra score. Sometimes it was replaced with another patriotic tune of Glinka, that was in its turn changed: instead of Tsar was Russky Narod (Russian people)

Edited by Yo-Yo

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

• ED Team
There wasn't any meanings in the speech, but the atmosphere. Even if you could speak german, i think, you can't understand there any phrase :) Everything was carefully dissected by.

But if everyone agree with the author of the topic - ok. There's nothing left for me to do, but cut it off

I like the atmosphere it brings myself, but dont speak German either :)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I listened to it after i saw this thread, you cannot understand a damn word (besides the war phrase of Hitler that has been heared by every child on this planet by now...), even less a context. People tend to over-react with this topic. WW2 was horrible, thats the truth. But this is a game, we fly for fun.

Edited by ericoh

I'll say it again, the background speech and cheers are in my opinion not fitting for the commercial product the DCS FW190-D9 ultimately is. It is somewhat disturbing to hear and unpleasantly touches on the sensitivites of native German speakers, but not exclusively so.

I'm all for art quoting historical materials, and serving as a warning against the reoccurence of inhuman ideologies and movements. It could work in theater, film, concerts, etc. But I feel, this is not the place.

MAC

Edited by MACADEMIC
typo

• ED Team
I'll say it again, the background speech and cheers are in my opinion not fitting for the commercial product the DCS FW190-D9 ultimately is. It is somewhat disturbing to hear and unpleasantly touches on the sensitivites of native German speakers, but not exclusively so.

I'm all for art quoting historical materials, and serving as a warning against the reoccurence of inhuman ideologies and movements. It could work in theater, film, concerts, etc. But I feel, this is not the place.

MAC

I get what you mean BUT dont agree that this medium shouldnt be allowed to use these references, this aircraft had a part in that history, its all linked.. saying that the speech, or parts of it shouldnt be heard is the same as saying this aircraft shouldnt be enjoyed as it was a tool to accomplish those goals back then...

And all fairness, it can be turned off, the speech isnt clear and its not used as more than atmosphere for the sim.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

As you can see my fellow germans, the planet doesnt care anymore. Only we do. :D

Videogames are certainly art, Nazi content shouldnt be denied for that purposes. The Fw190 was used by Nazi Germany. Do we also wanna complain about the aircraft? C'mon...

Edited by ericoh

Its not a matter of not caring, its a matter of putting it into context...

By saying "doesnt care anymore" i didnt try to dictate your personal feelings towards the subject, didnt write that very well...

My whole point is that the matter is exactly as horrible as you make it. A word is a word.

Giving that Nazi bullshit such power that we even need to have this stupid arguement 70 years later is sad enought.

Edited by ericoh
Derp

Its not a matter of not caring, its a matter of putting it into context...

TY, that is exactly the point. I also think it is not very relevant what we, the users (of the sim/game) think of this issue. There are obviously pros and cons.

What is relevant is what ED thinks, that is, what should and should not be part of its corporate identity.

This thread has pointed out the issue, it is now up to ED to decide how to handle this. They probably will decide for what they think is in their best long term interest.

Edited by Aufpassen!
typo