*** BK-90 now available!***

Jediteo

The more testing I do, the more I get the feeling its still the old Caucasus terrain bug. I set up another short SP mission on syria map, got 5 on the ternav straight after takeoff, did not set QFE accurately or set heading accurately, still got 4 BK90's bang on target. Same procecdure as gulf and Caucasus. Same person taking off. Every time in Caucasus I get the drift. No time in Gulf or Syria do I get the drift.

So ..more testing in SP and online server, seems caucasus is not at fault, just need an amount of 'rich terrain' to get the ternav to pick it up - towns, rivers, hills. It seems to take longer on Caucasus map to reach the '5' than it did on the Gulf map or Syria but once I get '5' - sometimes taking a longer route to target then the Bk-90's hit the target marker. 

10 minutes ago, Sprool said:

So ..more testing in SP and online server, seems caucasus is not at fault, just need an amount of 'rich terrain' to get the ternav to pick it up - towns, rivers, hills. It seems to take longer on Caucasus map to reach the '5' than it did on the Gulf map or Syria but once I get '5' - sometimes taking a longer route to target then the Bk-90's hit the target marker. 

Glad you figured it out.  That's what I was trying to tell you several comments ago on page 3.  TERNAV only works if there is actual terrain to measure.

• Like 1

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

I know, I'm grateful for the input - what really threw me is the ease at which it worked on Gulf and Syria map even when taking off straight over water, which made no sense to me - why should it work fine out of Khasab where the runway is only a short distance from the water, and yet not work when taking off from Batumi over water. Then retesting way inland on Caucasus map around Kobuleti I could not get a 5 on the TerNav, 3 was the best I could get, yet on similar terrain in the Gulf I got a 5 straight away after takeoff. There is definitely some difference between maps in the way the TerNav picks up the data.

4 hours ago, Sprool said:

I know, I'm grateful for the input - what really threw me is the ease at which it worked on Gulf and Syria map even when taking off straight over water, which made no sense to me - why should it work fine out of Khasab where the runway is only a short distance from the water, and yet not work when taking off from Batumi over water. Then retesting way inland on Caucasus map around Kobuleti I could not get a 5 on the TerNav, 3 was the best I could get, yet on similar terrain in the Gulf I got a 5 straight away after takeoff. There is definitely some difference between maps in the way the TerNav picks up the data.

Yeah, I think TERNAV is working a little too well in the Persian Gulf. Last night I had a consistent 5 while flying over the extremely flat peninsula in the center of the map northeast of Al Dhafra.

• Like 1

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

22 hours ago, Sprool said:

18 hours ago, Machalot said:

Yeah, I think TERNAV is working a little too well in the Persian Gulf. Last night I had a consistent 5 while flying over the extremely flat peninsula in the center of the map northeast of Al Dhafra.

That's indeed pretty odd. Would be nice if Heatblur could investigate the TERNAV behaviour on the non-Caucasus maps!
@RagnarDa @Jediteo

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

13 hours ago, Sprool said:

Would prefer Caucasus to be a little better, not Gulf or Syria being a bit worse!

I hope we all prefer realism, whether it's better or worse.