RAZBAM MiG-19

OverStratos

If you were wanting a 50s era aircraft that isn't a hunter, may I recommend an early generation lightening? That could be a great crossover between the mig-19 and mig-21 timeline of aircraft. Plus the radar and missile capabilities would be comparable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or an F100 super sabre, closest counterpart to the Mig19. Both were the first supersonic fighters of thier respective nations

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record, I too find the MiG-19 to be way more appealing than Hunter, and an F-100 would really complement it nicely if someone, someday, make one too.

I may be mistaken but, I seem to recall Hunter being in VEAO's huge roadmap at one time. So it is probable that they will eventually do one.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Awesome! Now we just need an F-8 Crusader or EE Lightning to match it up against! :D

Or rather the HUN, that would be the Mig19's closest counterpart from the USAF ( especially against the radarless Version)

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

I think that the model of flight of f8 is too much complicated to realize :(

I'm not sure why you would think that. The variable incidence wing would be much simpler to implement than a variable geometry wing or even a rotor and both of those are either in DCS (rotors) or coming to DCS (VG for the Tomcat).

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

Can you guys please stop turning this thread into a wishlist for various planes?

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

I am genuinely happy that you chose the MiG-19P! It is an aircraft that interests me, but I did not expect it to find its way into DCS (at least for quite a while).

It will have a solid counterpart in the Mirage III, but I do hope that real consideration is put into the best scenario for using the aircraft prototypically. As a developer, you may know much more about what is coming down the road than I do, but hopefully there will be opportunities to create realistic scenarios for this module with the maps and assets that are available.

Either way I'll buy it. :) But it would be nice if it can offer that "complete experience".

-Nick

PS -

Mig19...9mn15...:smilewink:

Actually that is a Su-7B, looks similar with the highly swept wing. :)

Edited by BlackLion213

I am genuinely happy that you chose the MiG-19P! It is an aircraft that interests me, but I did not expect it to find its way into DCS (at least for quite a while).

It will have a solid counterpart in the Mirage III, but I do hope that real consideration is put into the best scenario for using the aircraft prototypically. As a developer, you may know much more about what is coming down the road than I do, but hopefully there will be opportunities to create realistic scenarios for this module with the maps and assets that are available.

Either way I'll buy it. :) But it would be nice if it can offer that "complete experience".

-Nick

PS -

rooooo:doh:....:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-Nick

PS -

+1.

Looking purely from the module perspective - MiG-19 is extremely welcome, especially that at the moment there is a big disproportion between western and eastern full fidelity modules. Apart of that MiG-19 is a great plane, first supersonic mass produced Soviet aircraft. It should also fit nicely between MiG-15 and MiG-21. :thumbup:

On the other hand, when looking from the overall perspective there is a big problem. Due to close to none content for 50's there is a close to certain risk that apart of flying the plane itself, there will be not much to do with it. Like with MiG-15 or Sabre being a great modules on their own, there is close to nothing available for them in terms of MP servers or SP missions (apart of really great Museum Relic DLC campaign).

I'm not even talking about the map. Openning a mission editor and trying to setup a mission for MiG-15 will make you hitting a wall. There are no units in core DCS to create a mission that would pretend to be even close to 50's. For example, the Tu-95 bomber has only a low-poly model and besides of that can’t even drop bombs. The list can go quite long, starting with AI fighters, attack planes, bombers, air defense systems - S-25, S-75, ground units. etc, etc…

IMO the success of MiG-19 will rely mostly on ability to persuade ED into providing more AI units in core DCS so that 3'rd party and community can start creating content for it.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

-Nick

PS -

not quite. yes historically some Mig19s went up against Mirage 3's in the 1967 6 day war, however in terms of performance its no real counterpart. Truth be told the Mig21PF & PFM are close counterparts to the Mirage 3.

F100 super sabre is closer Mig19 Counterpart.

+1.

Looking purely from the module perspective - MiG-19 is extremely welcome, especially that at the moment there is a big disproportion between western and eastern full fidelity modules. Apart of that MiG-19 is a great plane, first supersonic mass produced Soviet aircraft. It should also fit nicely between MiG-15 and MiG-21. :thumbup:

On the other hand, when looking from the overall perspective there is a big problem. Due to close to none content for 50's there is a close to certain risk that apart of flying the plane itself, there will be not much to do with it. Like with MiG-15 or Sabre being a great modules on their own, there is close to nothing available for them in terms of MP servers or SP missions (apart of really great Museum Relic DLC campaign).

I'm not even talking about the map. Openning a mission editor and trying to setup a mission for MiG-15 will make you hitting a wall. There are no units in core DCS to create a mission that would pretend to be even close to 50's. For example, the Tu-95 bomber has only a low-poly model and besides of that can’t even drop bombs. The list can go quite long, starting with AI fighters, attack planes, bombers, air defense systems - S-25, S-75, ground units. etc, etc…

IMO the success of MiG-19 will rely mostly on ability to persuade ED into providing more AI units in core DCS so that 3'rd party and community can start creating content for it.

agreed the Mig19 will be a orphan aircraft for some time, and we dont have older cold war Ai assets like SA2's for eg.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

agreed the Mig19 will be a orphan aircraft for some time, and we dont have older cold war Ai assets like SA2's for eg.

Those could be created by RAZBAM and included in the MiG-19 package as a bonus :music_whistling:;)

Mancher zum Meister sich erklärt, dem nie das Handwerk ward gelehrt!

Mig-19 is a little orphaned, but there were plenty of older soviet partner states with them. The Ogaden war Eithiopia and Somalia had some around F-5 time. It's a well performing aircraft, even if the avionics are like a Mig15 with a bolt on radar scope (dunno the limits) It's good for older scenarios in smaller states and its a good adversary not currently in the DCS repertoire.

However, I'll be honest, I have all the modules and it's not grabbing me as much as the others have. And it will probably embarrass the F-5 again :)

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

yes historically some Mig19s went up against Mirage 3's in the 1967 6 day war.

So like you said, it's a solid counterpart. :P

F100 super sabre is closer Mig19 Counterpart.

The F-100 is a bit closer, but the MiG-19 actually splits the difference between the performance of the F-100 and Mirage III (in terms of rate of climb, acceleration, etc - not in top speed).

It feels like splitting hairs to me, but we are all free to have our own opinions. :)

The interest in realistic missions and operations often leaves us DCS players with a quandary: the most closely matched opponent was often not a real opponent. Eg: F-100 and MiG-19 never encountered each other in combat as far as I know. So should a counterpart be realistic or closely matched?

Lets not derail our celebration of the upcoming MiG-19 by debating which is the correct mindset (there is no answer anyway - it's all about preference).

-Nick