Importing audio

GC1993

This is rather a controversial topic so if you're easily offended by anything anti-DCS, stop reading.

I know nothing about coding or anything so forgive me if this is a stupid question, but to you coders out there, is it possible to replace the external sounds of the F-15C in DCSW with the external sounds of the falcon in BMS 4.32?

I've never been much of a fan of the external sounds used by DCS, and living near an F-15 base and watching them startup/taxi/takeoff/land all the time, I want the in-game sounds to be as close as possible to the real life ones. In DCS, the tone of the idle F-15 is JUST a bit off, sounds a bit synthetic almost, yet the one in BMS is spot on. I also love the sound from behind the plane in BMS when you increase the thrust and are met with that realistic, deafening roar. The one in DCS just isn't anywhere near to how I hear them at RAF Lakenheath.

So in summary, is there a way to remove the audio code currently assigned to the eagle and extract the code from BMS and put it in its place? Or is it far more complicated than that. Again apologies if it's a dumb question, I have 0 knowledge on coding.

(Also prefer the way that BMS displays its heat blur from the exhaust without completely shielding the afterburner from view, unlike in you-know-what, but I'm getting carried away here).

So can anyone advise?

And if this post gets deleted within minutes I'll know I've done the equivalent of running up to someone's sainted mother and punching her.

This is rather a controversial topic so if you're easily offended by anything anti-DCS, stop reading.

I know nothing about coding or anything so forgive me if this is a stupid question, but to you coders out there, is it possible to replace the external sounds of the F-15C in DCSW with the external sounds of the falcon in BMS 4.32?

I've never been much of a fan of the external sounds used by DCS, and living near an F-15 base and watching them startup/taxi/takeoff/land all the time, I want the in-game sounds to be as close as possible to the real life ones. In DCS, the tone of the idle F-15 is JUST a bit off, sounds a bit synthetic almost, yet the one in BMS is spot on. I also love the sound from behind the plane in BMS when you increase the thrust and are met with that realistic, deafening roar. The one in DCS just isn't anywhere near to how I hear them at RAF Lakenheath.

So in summary, is there a way to remove the audio code currently assigned to the eagle and extract the code from BMS and put it in its place? Or is it far more complicated than that. Again apologies if it's a dumb question, I have 0 knowledge on coding.

(Also prefer the way that BMS displays its heat blur from the exhaust without completely shielding the afterburner from view, unlike in you-know-what, but I'm getting carried away here).

So can anyone advise?

And if this post gets deleted within minutes I'll know I've done the equivalent of running up to someone's sainted mother and punching her.

..feel free to experiment with Audio Files ind DCS World/sounds... but I like your general Idea..it`s like going to Mc Donalds and tell them..hey your Bic Mac ist shit..how about selling some Whoppers:)

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..

Just looked at the YouTube samples, credit to the modder but they still aren't that close. :/

If you have BMS, you'll know what I'm after.

I know it's a tiny issue to be whining about but when you see these planes for real all the time and have the chance to recreate what you see/hear in game yourself, you want the match to be perfect.

Same goes with my disappointment at seeing the JFS sounds in the 1.2.8 beta videos. It's not even remotely close, I mean it takes 3 seconds for a dev to just youtube an eagle/strike eagle starting up and realise what the ACTUAL sound is, yet they've just put some constant whine that sounds more like the APU from A10C which eventually gets taken over by the engine noise.

Again, most people wouldn't know/care about these things, it's just a request I have.

Just looked at the YouTube samples, credit to the modder but they still aren't that close. :/

If you have BMS, you'll know what I'm after.

I know it's a tiny issue to be whining about but when you see these planes for real all the time and have the chance to recreate what you see/hear in game yourself, you want the match to be perfect.

Same goes with my disappointment at seeing the JFS sounds in the 1.2.8 beta videos. It's not even remotely close, I mean it takes 3 seconds for a dev to just youtube an eagle/strike eagle starting up and realise what the ACTUAL sound is, yet they've just put some constant whine that sounds more like the APU from A10C which eventually gets taken over by the engine noise.

Again, most people wouldn't know/care about these things, it's just a request I have.

my audios do not include startups or shut down samples.

mine focus on flight sounds and engine idle, they are very close to the f15c,

startup shut down sounds are easy enough to create though.

samples have been already been created by belsimtek, still to be coded in the startup shutdown samples yet.

having already listened to them they are spot on.

Edited by diveplane

I also need to know how to Import NEW or additional Sounds to DCS World like the Gsch 30-2 of the SU25 or the MG 3.

The Point is Changing the original ones will make partwise other things sound wrong especially ground Units.

Which Person do i have to ask for this ??

ISE

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom