Some new Skins

chardly38

Home did (texture nomera.tga f2 g0",0,"empty",true) remove the tail numbers.

I dont think that is the file. I sat in front of the computer one day and went through every file in the textures folder to find the two files I thought that I found two F16.tga. One was the af89 with the canopy and the other was the 3 numbers on the tail.

Look at the description lua and see how I removed the F16.tga and renamed it and had it loaded again under a different name.

Chardly,

I actually did get it working (and this time I checked it in-game and not just the model viewer) by doing the lines in my last post. Of particular note are these lines:

{"texture F-16.tga f2 g0",0,"f-16.tga",false};
{"texture nomera.tga f2 g0",0,"empty",true}; 

You figured out the f-16.tga.dds, though all you really need to do here is copy the file to your skin folder and make sure the last argument is set to "false" (this tells DCS to look for the file in the current folder; "true" will default to the regular texture zipfiles/folders). Next, open this copy of f-16.tga.dds and modify the alpha channel so that the lower half of the file is all black (removing the AF89 markings). Now you have a f-16.tga.dds that won't write AF89 on your wing.

Next is just the nomera line. You don't need to do anything with nomera.tga.dds; the "empty" argument takes care of that. As long as the last argument is "true", DCS will look for "empty.tga" in the regular texture path (and will find it).

If you have any other troubles, please post the contents of your description.lua (and your f-16.tga.dds if you still get AF89 on your skin) and I'll troubleshoot.

Edited by Home Fries

Home Fries here is my Test. I cant get it to work. As you can see it only removed two of the three numbers. Im uploading my Test and I also have fixed the tail numbers on all planes and corrected misspelling. Im uploading to user files now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

The only artifact I got was the AF89 on the tail, and that was because there wasn't a custom f-16.tga included in the package.

It appears that you are getting one digit like that (looks like the hundreds digit, but it could be the AF89 location) and a doubling up of the star and bar.

This begs the question: are you testing any other F-16s in the same mission? I've found that these description.lua files can be testy; if you have two skins of the same plane with description.luas that don't match the material names on line-by-line basis, you get artifacts. That's also one of the reasons I put both of these lines:

{"texture USA-ZNAK-LIGHTGRAY.TGA f2 g0",0,"empty",true};
{"texture USA-ZNAK-DARKGRAY.TGA f2 g0",0,"empty",true};

in the file; so that the same order would be maintained for all files.

Try using all of the lines in my description.lua, whether they are needed or not (obviously, adjust them as necessary) for all of the F-16s in the test, and see if the error persists.

Edited by Home Fries

The AF98 is the F-16.tga and that file shares the yellow tented canopy. The 3 large tail numbers are in the nomera.tga file. I will try just one file in a new mission this weekend. Thanks for your help.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

• 2 weeks later...