Lags and stutters

shift611

I have the same problem as many on this thread, My system is, i7 8700k running at 4.2Ghz, GTX 1070, 16 Mb ram, DCS on separate SSD drive and increased my page file. I have uploaded my DCS system settings and if anyone can see any obvious setting that may be causing stutters I would be grateful for any advice. I should mention that the stutters are when flying low over towns and building. I know my system is not top end but neither is it low end, any ideas please?. Running DCS 2.5.3.22176.

541567759_DesktopScreenshot2018_09.29-14_31_50_99.thumb.png.1e43a692dfb4af3f2fd3304e4360610c.png

I have the same problem as many on this thread, My system is, i7 8700k running at 4.2Ghz, GTX 1070, 16 Mb ram, DCS on separate SSD drive and increased my page file. I have uploaded my DCS system settings and if anyone can see any obvious setting that may be causing stutters I would be grateful for any advice. I should mention that the stutters are when flying low over towns and building. I know my system is not top end but neither is it low end, any ideas please?. Running DCS 2.5.3.22176.

Your system is similar to mine.

Grab latest Nvidia driver.

Turn off SSAA. Leave MSAA at 4x, or try 2x.

Set Shadows (left column) to Medium, set Terrain Object Shadows (right) to Flat.

AD

Edited by Aluminum Donkey

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

...16 Mb ram...
This could be the problem. :D :D :D

Joke aside; If an i7 8700k @ 4.2Ghz and GTX 1070 can't run a game smooth, I won't say anything...

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

I think terrain object shadows may be the issue . Try "flat" and i think you will see a significant improvement .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I thank you all for your help and advice which I took and its much better now, thanks again folks.

No problemo mon

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

EITHER "MSAA" ----OR----"SSAA"

never ever BOTH

I think SSAA 1.5x is superior to MSAA2x....make your test runs with each. SSAA2x is OVERKILL for any card, even 2080ti, dont even try.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

EITHER "MSAA" ----OR----"SSAA"

never ever BOTH

I think SSAA 1.5x is superior to MSAA2x....make your test runs with each. SSAA2x is OVERKILL for any card, even 2080ti, dont even try.

I totally agree. After some experimenting, I switched from MSAA to SSAA and see a significant visual and slight performance improvement.

As for the original topic of lags/stutters...I continue to experience stutters after any type of weapon hit on aircraft in an air-air engagement. The missile/bullets hit the aircraft with associated effect/explosion and with that is a brief but noticeable stutter/pause.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

I find mSAA4 to be very jaggy after the last patches....I mean anti-aliasing seems to be "off" even if its set at 4x....

Will try again SSAA 1.5.....

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have any tips for A2A? Every time I hit something with a missile I get a pause. I've tried all sorts of nvida settings. Graphics adjustments. It's on a Raid 0 SSD, and I'm stumped..My next stop is an M2 sata drive or switching to DX12.

Are their any other recommendations I'm not finding on the forums?

Screen_181018_201117.thumb.png.f043e00899c6a9e1b7e3dbc9930eb3f9.png

I7 8770K @Stock / 32 GB DDR4 / ASUS Prime Z370-A / MSI Armor GTX 1070 8GB / Samsung 850Pro x 4 Drives in R0 @ (2GBS R&W) / Windows 10 Pro

I find mSAA4 to be very jaggy after the last patches....I mean anti-aliasing seems to be "off" even if its set at 4x....

Will try again SSAA 1.5.....

I went from MSAA to SSAA 1.5 and have been very happy with the results. For me, SSAA looks better with equal to better performance. Good luck, hopefully you have similiar results.

Anyone have any tips for A2A? Every time I hit something with a missile I get a pause. I've tried all sorts of nvida settings. Graphics adjustments. It's on a Raid 0 SSD, and I'm stumped..My next stop is an M2 sata drive or switching to DX12.

Are their any other recommendations I'm not finding on the forums?

No tips here. I experience the same stutters/pauses with every weapons impact in air to air engagements. There are several posts around the forums about this. I have not seen an ED response and I don’t think there really is much we can do on our end to address this issue.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

I went from MSAA to SSAA 1.5 and have been very happy with the results. For me, SSAA looks better with equal to better performance. Good luck, hopefully you have similiar results.

No tips here. I experience the same stutters/pauses with every weapons impact in air to air engagements. There are several posts around the forums about this. I have not seen an ED response and I don’t think there really is much we can do on our end to address this issue.

there a reply from Nineline to one of my post in regards to stutters/pause when for example you eject, maybe its somehow also related : apparently when something occures there are stutters.

Btw now I am playing with MSAA2 and SSAA 1.5 and the game looks awesome!:thumbup:

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Btw now I am playing with MSAA2 and SSAA 1.5 and the game looks awesome!:thumbup:

This was suggested by somebody elsewhere on the forum (cannot find the og post, maybe it was you?), and it puzzled me: how can using 2 AA methods on top of each other be performance friendly?

Yet, I tried, and wow the game does indeed look much better in VR (without any noticeable performance loss, although I tested with ASW ON). It seems that SSAA alone is not good enough to kill the "large" jaggies which are taken care of by the MSAA. Can someone explain this to me? Anyway, great find!

This was suggested by somebody elsewhere on the forum (cannot find the og post, maybe it was you?), and it puzzled me: how can using 2 AA methods on top of each other be performance friendly?

Yet, I tried, and wow the game does indeed look much better in VR (without any noticeable performance loss, although I tested with ASW ON). It seems that SSAA alone is not good enough to kill the "large" jaggies which are taken care of by the MSAA. Can someone explain this to me? Anyway, great find!

yep that was me, before some of the previous patches you could only run one or the other anti-aliasing methods as using them together it was a big hit for fps, but the something changed and MSAA 4X was still ugly, because appaerently the devs have lower its strenght, so now you can run both MASAA and SSAA , just 2 type of anti-aliasing methods that can work together;)

Edited by Goa

yep that was me, before some of the previous patches you could only run one or the other anti-aliasing methods as using them together it was a big hit for fps, but the something changed and MSAA 4X was still ugly, because appaerently the devs have lower its strenght, so now you can run both MASAA and SSAA , just 2 type of anti-aliasing methods that can work together;)

Yep I've now settled on MSAAx2 and SSAAx1.5 and the balance of performance and image quality is just great (as you know I has it set to SSAAx2 before but I backed off now)

Yep I've now settled on MSAAx2 and SSAAx1.5 and the balance of performance and image quality is just great (as you know I has it set to SSAAx2 before but I backed off now)

exactly my settings too :) it's a sweetspot around 60fps @ QHD

I wonder how 4k guys do that if the 1080ti has to struggle hard at QHD already.

What am I missing here ? The 4k-Turbo knob ?

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

exactly my settings too :) it's a sweetspot around 60fps @ QHD

I wonder how 4k guys do that if the 1080ti has to struggle hard at QHD already.

What am I missing here ? The 4k-Turbo knob ?

AFAIK you're a 1440P user, with SSAA 1.5 and MSAA 2x aren't you pretty much running @4k with msaa on?

People on triple monitor setups, or 21:9 or 4k are already high resolution. Supersampling even 1.5x is a slide show on my 980Ti on a native 3440x1440 monitor. For SSAA 1.5x just multiply. (1.5*horizontal resolution)x(1.5*vertical resolution) and the numbers will probably speak for themself.

Upside to VR I guess is that you can change pixel density in increments of 10% instead of 50%. Downside it won't be as clear a picture as a monitor no matter what you do. More upsides - depth perception (i'm 6 foot from that wall, or I'm inches away from my hud after learning forward) and spotting blurry objects in the sky at a distance. Well, I guess if you SS through SteamVR rather than the pixel density setting in DCS you can do it in increments of 1%.

As I wait for my 2080Ti to showup.. I can't help but mention that DLSS sounds amazing and like a solution to all of our anti-aliasing performance woes and I think we should all talk Eagle Dynamics into sending nVidia code to get it implemented. It's okay to lol at me for that. The value of the 20 series cards would go way way up for DCS World pilots. $500-$600 2070 i can't help but imagine would be a bit impresive if the tech were put to use, where without it it seems to rest almost exactly in the middle of a 1080 and a 1080Ti performancewise. Without DLSS they just look sad at those pricetags.

This turned into a wordy summary of what's been going through my mind with my limited research into DLSS and what it can do. I would like some clarity from nVidia on the "We'll implement the code for free" statements from nvidia employees. Free for all or for partnered developers? The SDK is still unavailable for download, but the "Download" button is there for whenever they have it ready for the public. It links you to a "Notify me" submission form at the bottom of the page. It says specifically on the bottom of the page "Can be implemented into any game." I'm going to save the rest of my thoughts for threads about RTX features, but the only feature I'm interested in from 20 series atm is the future of DLSS. That's an AI enhanced anti-aliasing feature I believe will be relevant to discussions about AA's effects on performance. I could be completely wrong though as hands on experience isn't readily available to us yet. I'm hoping it lives up to the hype, in which case I'd happily be an advocate for it's implementation. I also wouldn't be against the same for AMD if they manage an appropriate response, which is still in the air as we don't know if Navi is going to provide anything that beats 1080Ti's performance with rastorization, much less if they're going to feel a need to respond to RTX specific technology. They've been doing good with CPU's, we'll see with GPUs.

This move from nvidia is going to either be an impressive advancement in graphics technology whether it be DLSS or lighting effects or the fumble that gives AMD a chance to catch up similar to skylake/kabylake/coffee lake and Ryzen. And I'm wondering what AMD's response to the whole AI enhanced graphics thing will be. (Yeah this is the short version, too much free time I know)

Edited by Headwarp
I got off topic.
Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

as of now 2080ti is waste of money.....all reviews aroound the world are telling this, best value for games is a 1080ti

as of now 2080ti is waste of money.....all reviews aroound the world are telling this, best value for games is a 1080ti

Did you stop reading at the part where I said I'm waiting on my 2080Ti? The topic I was responding to was anti-aliasing and its performance in DCS. Using a 2070 as an example, I even said that without DLSS these pricetags are looking pretty sad for Turing.

Adoption of such a feature might actually let the 2070 out perform the 1080Ti while providing equal or better image quality.

I wasn't suggesting anybody go out and buy a 2080Ti, but in response to your comment - for me - not a waste of money at all.

Maybe if I was running at 1440p I'd consider the fact that 5.0ghz 8700k's have shown CPU limitations with the 1080Ti in certain DX11 titles, but I run a 3440x1440 monitor and VR both of which can put the 2080Ti at 99% utilization in most dx11 titles with my cpu. I'm also coming from a 980Ti. I buy the best GPU i can afford at the time and as a result get to skip 1 or 2 generations of GPU's. If I hadn't bought my 21:9 or a VR headset, I wouldn't even be considering an upgrade from my 980Ti, and while $1200 is a much higher asking price than I'd like, I tend to make things last long enough to more than get my money's worth. Every review I've seen shows a 20-30 average FPS gain @4k over the 1080Ti. That isn't horrible, even if the pricetag may be.

DLSS should be what makes the 2080 and 2080Ti leave the 1080Ti in the dust and the 2070 sprinting slightly ahead of pascal's best offering.

So, on the topic of AA and performance as the only comment I made about the 2080Ti in my previous post is that I'm waiting for one to arrive :) Not providing or asking for shopping advice.

I do also wonder if maybe there's room for higher texture resolutions and whether or not that would reduce the desire for AA on high resolution monitors. Jagged edges don't bother me, certain games I hardly notice them. It's the shimmering of treelines and buildings and missing wings from aircraft until they get really close that make me use AA and I'm wondering how other titles get around this. I don't know enough about the development side of things to say it's more than just a thought on my mind based on some reading I've been doing. I'd certainly be willing to test an optional "High resolution texture pack". But part of my keenness for DLSS is it sounds like less work for the dev team.

One way or the other I'm certain I'm not alone in desiring a solution to AA and its performance in DCS. DLSS sounds very much to me like a good solution heading forward, especially for 4k and VR users. That at least gives us an option not currently available to us. Of course we can only wait and see. AI enhanced graphics to me sound like a possible future that would be silly to ignore if it truly offers the performance benefits that it boasts and nvidia's willing to do the work to implement it just to prove it. The money is in the tensor cores, and DLSS performance should make a $500-600 2070 a lot more interesting. 1080Ti's still running from $630-$1000 new excluding the $1499 EVGA Kingpin. We'll have to wait and see, as the NGX SDK download link still puts you at a "Notify me" submission form for public availability.

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

DLSS yeah sure...as of now there is not even 1 single game that support this, maybe in the future it will be implemented yes sure but not before at least 2-3 years when a new GPU will be out.

Buyins now a 200xx series GPU which has insane and unjustified price it is IMHO a waste of money.

My comments are not criticizing your post , its jut my huhmle opinion.

If I were to upgrade for playing current games I would throw 1600-1800 euro for a GPU which performs same as 6-700 euro 1080ti.

Buying a super-expensive GPU in 2018 hoping for some of its feature to be implemented in the next years is a waste of money, this is what I was trying to say.

Just my 2 cents

This review says it all.

https://www.hardocp.com/article/2018/10/22/rtx_2070_vs_2080_gtx_1080_ti_1070/

I have the option for a 2080(ti) card or some other goodies, I gladly take the other goodies for Xmas.

If I was running an older card, I'd get me a 1080ti with 11GB and not a 8GB 2080 for 250€ more and maybe a 10% boost.

Nvidia thinks we all are Billionaires, well, we aren't.

DLSS yeah sure...as of now there is not even 1 single game that support this, maybe in the future it will be implemented yes sure but not before at least 2-3 years when a new GPU will be out.

Buyins now a 200xx series GPU which has insane and unjustified price it is IMHO a waste of money.

My comments are not criticizing your post , its jut my huhmle opinion.

If I were to upgrade for playing current games I would throw 1600-1800 euro for a GPU which performs same as 6-700 euro 1080ti.

Buying a super-expensive GPU in 2018 hoping for some of its feature to be implemented in the next years is a waste of money, this is what I was trying to say.

Just my 2 cents

This review says it all.

https://www.hardocp.com/article/2018/10/22/rtx_2070_vs_2080_gtx_1080_ti_1070/

I have the option for a 2080(ti) card or some other goodies, I gladly take the other goodies for Xmas.

If I was running an older card, I'd get me a 1080ti with 11GB and not a 8GB 2080 for 250€ more and maybe a 10% boost.

Nvidia thinks we all are Billionaires, well, we aren't.

My apologies, Goa, for misinterpreting.

I won't disagree with your guys opinions on 20 series cards. The only card in the series that makes any sense to me at all without RTX specific features is the 2080Ti and that's only for tri-screen, 21:9,4k res and VR users .I'm definitely not disputing that the 1080Ti is a beast and a better bang for many peoples buck right now. As well as a 1080 or 1070 depending on one's budget and willingness to compromise. Trust me, I recently helped a friend part out his rig from ancient amd athlon system that ran at like @2.5ghz but had 1070 and he wasn't aware of how bad his cpu was bottlenecking the gpu. He was all like "I'm getting a 1080Ti ", playing on a 1080P monitor and I'm like "Man.. hang on to your 1070 for now. Wait till you see what your new PC can do because it's going to smoke your old rig." And it did. He got a 70FPS increase from that alone in another game I won't name cuz forum rules. Finally got him to download DCS too. :) So I'm not about blindly throwing money at things.

I'm not made of money either. My house was an auction from a forclosure and for less than some people make in a year. I've only ever owned used vehicles, but I've never bought used PC parts >.< For my purposes the 2080Ti was the logical choice and I'll still be using this rig when it's no longer considered enthusiast level, and I spend a lot of time with my machine.

Still I'm on about DLSS and anti-aliasing performance in DCS. Whether it be turing, or AMD offering an AI enhanced solution to AA with their next gpus, or 30 series nvidia gpus. My mind is in the future, not the present, hence a lot of "If"s in my previous posts.

I don't think there's anybody I fly with who doesn't want higher framerates without shimmers and jaggies in DCS World. Albeit my wingmates have mostly adopted VR. But there are 4k users as well. Also know a people who use budget PC's and GPU's .. and I'd love to say "Hey this new feature that got implemented would give you slightly better than 1080Ti performance for $519 for a brand new 2070, you could finally hook up that 1440P display or get you a VR headset you keep asking about "Borrowing" if we aren't using them *cough*"

Mostly though I have at times been at ends with MSAA performance in DCS, and although my system runs great without it, I just can't seem to ignore the shimmering textures around me. I hear this "DLSS" thing mentioned once or twice in between all the ray tracing talk coming out of Jensen Huang. And the more and more I look into DLSS the more this bell starts going of in my head like "Dingdingding we have a winner." And DCS is honestly the demanding of hunk of software I most want to see the effects of such a feature in. I don't even care about ray tracing and where it might take us. DLSS on the other hand kind of made me pick up my jaw.

So I'm all for DLSS obviously, as in the long run, repeating myself I think it's just a win/win. I'm not trying to sell GPU's, I'm looking for a solution to anti-aliasing woes that right now just doesn't otherwise exist for DCS users.

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

My apologies, Goa, for misinterpreting.

I won't disagree with your guys opinions on 20 series cards. The only card in the series that makes any sense to me at all without RTX specific features is the 2080Ti and that's only for tri-screen, 21:9,4k res and VR users .I'm definitely not disputing that the 1080Ti is a beast and a better bang for many peoples buck right now. As well as a 1080 or 1070 depending on one's budget and willingness to compromise. Trust me, I recently helped a friend part out his rig from ancient amd athlon system that ran at like @2.5ghz but had 1070 and he wasn't aware of how bad his cpu was bottlenecking the gpu. He was all like "I'm getting a 1080Ti ", playing on a 1080P monitor and I'm like "Man.. hang on to your 1070 for now. Wait till you see what your new PC can do because it's going to smoke your old rig." And it did. He got a 70FPS increase from that alone in another game I won't name cuz forum rules. Finally got him to download DCS too. :) So I'm not about blindly throwing money at things.

I'm not made of money either. My house was an auction from a forclosure and for less than some people make in a year. I've only ever owned used vehicles, but I've never bought used PC parts >.< For my purposes the 2080Ti was the logical choice and I'll still be using this rig when it's no longer considered enthusiast level, and I spend a lot of time with my machine.

Still I'm on about DLSS and anti-aliasing performance in DCS. Whether it be turing, or AMD offering an AI enhanced solution to AA with their next gpus, or 30 series nvidia gpus. My mind is in the future, not the present, hence a lot of "If"s in my previous posts.

I don't think there's anybody I fly with who doesn't want higher framerates without shimmers and jaggies in DCS World. Albeit my wingmates have mostly adopted VR. But there are 4k users as well. Also know a people who use budget PC's and GPU's .. and I'd love to say "Hey this new feature that got implemented would give you slightly better than 1080Ti performance for $519 for a brand new 2070, you could finally hook up that 1440P display or get you a VR headset you keep asking about "Borrowing" if we aren't using them *cough*"

Mostly though I have at times been at ends with MSAA performance in DCS, and although my system runs great without it, I just can't seem to ignore the shimmering textures around me. I hear this "DLSS" thing mentioned once or twice in between all the ray tracing talk coming out of Jensen Huang. And the more and more I look into DLSS the more this bell starts going of in my head like "Dingdingding we have a winner." And DCS is honestly the demanding of hunk of software I most want to see the effects of such a feature in. I don't even care about ray tracing and where it might take us. DLSS on the other hand kind of made me pick up my jaw.

So I'm all for DLSS obviously, as in the long run, repeating myself I think it's just a win/win. I'm not trying to sell GPU's, I'm looking for a solution to anti-aliasing woes that right now just doesn't otherwise exist for DCS users.

Does DLSS require DCS support ?

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2