Mission Editor Question

After creating a full mission and loading it. The mission editor just shows A map. I cant get into the mission..

I've tried clicking on all of the displayed boxes but nothing has helped..

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

After creating a full mission and loading it. The mission editor just shows A map. I cant get into the mission..

Most likely, none of the aircraft that you placed on the mission has a pilot of type "Player" ... when you place an aircraft on the mission, the default is an AI pilot, not human :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Most likely, none of the aircraft that you placed on the mission has a pilot of type "Player" ... when you place an aircraft on the mission, the default is an AI pilot, not human :)

Sorry I guess that I didn't explain the issue correctly.. I have chosen the player option

What's happening is that when I load the mission, there is a exaggerated time before the mission appears..

After which the screen doesn't show any images. the screen shows a map only.. I'm hoping that I don't have to reinstall everything again. There must be a workaround for this issue ...

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

Sorry I guess that I didn't explain the issue correctly.. I have chosen the player option

What's happening is that when I load the mission, there is a exaggerated time before the mission appears..

After which the screen doesn't show any images. the screen shows a map only.. I'm hoping that I don't have to reinstall everything again. There must be a workaround for this issue ...

I had that once. If I recall I had the number 2 of 2 aircraft set as player, hoping to fly wing on the AI leader.

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

problem solved

Good to hear. Mind sharing the issue you had so others can profit from it, should they encounter the same?

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

• 1 month later...

Hi to all

Are you using the mods of Uputaut with helipads and have you updated it recently ?

I had the same issue some days ago, and it was old missions using Uputaut mods and the updates are causing this issue.

The solution I've found:

I keep the previous cargo+external tanks+racegates and I add the new "helipads" ( delete old "oilrigs" directory before but dont forget before to delete them in missions you have and using "oilrigs".)

If you keep oilrigs, DCS freeze at 58%. It's a conflict with Helipads.

The only issue I have now is that I have heliports in the heliports section of statics, but in structures too and some objects weren't available anymore with the new "cargo+external tanks+racegates" ( static mast, communaication towers). they're available with the old mod cargo+external tanks+racegates.

If you use the helipads of helipads section, you can refueling and spawning on them as if they are FARPS helipads, not if you use them as structures.

Edited by jef32

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

If you create a new mission, it's the same ?

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

Surely it's a mod that creates the issue.

Try to rename "saved games\DCS\mods" to "saved games\DCS\mods.old"

and see what happens.

Don't forget that this directory hasn't be created by ED but by users to place mods. DCS can run without it.

After create a new mission to try ( if these you already have are using a mod) If the issue disappears, it only remains to find the mod that causes the problem.

Edited by jef32

The only mod I have is M2000

I don't speak about official ED modules like the M2000 but free user's mods that you could find in the user's files section.

If you havn't, I don't see where is the issue

• 3 weeks later...