it takes 65% RPM to get an empty harrier to taxi

bkthunder

Remove the drag on the ground where its not needed.

If it would be simple like that, I am sure they would have done it from the start.

I guess the ground properties are ED's part (DCS World).

EDIT: and how do you know the RPM setting from the video? Apart from the fact we don't even know the overall weight including fuel of this specific plane?

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Not for a Jedi.

Each update makes it harder and harder to find something to complain about.

Now it´s Friction and Buttons.

Next is Fuses and Oxygen.

Finally Air Condition and Restrainers.

(sarcasm warning on) ...then finally they can move their resources to the unimportant low priority stuff like adding JDAMS and IR Hotspots etc.

(Sarcasm warning off)

Big heads up to Razbam you are doing great! The Harrier is a joy to learn now...

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

...and just a little bit more insight from NineLine, plus the info that it is reported, already.

His post here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4022126

Shagrat

Well, in that video the Harrier is taxiing at idle which it can't in DCS. I have to keep something 45-48ish % with nozzles 10-20° not to slow down to a halt. Before things changed, less than 40% was needed and 40-42% was sufficient (all with 60ish ° nozzles BTW) to get going. That is because RAZBAM removed lots of thust at any RPM below ~90%. I've proven already that the fuel consumption at different cruising speeds was a bit too low before the change (so it was legit to do something about it), but now is way too high. As per *insert N-word* it's possible to cruise with 62 on the FF gauge with more than 300KIAS. In DCS the absolute minimum for a clean plane with less than 2klb of gas is 90ish. With less, she gets dragged down until stalling. When they get that right, the required RPM for taxiing will go down as well.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Well, in that video the Harrier is taxiing at idle which it can't in DCS. I have to keep something 45-48ish % with nozzles 10-20° not to slow down to a halt. Before things changed, less than 40% was needed and 40-42% was sufficient (all with 60ish ° nozzles BTW) to get going. That is because RAZBAM removed lots of thust at any RPM below ~90%. I've proven already that the fuel consumption at different cruising speeds was a bit too low before the change (so it was legit to do something about it), but now is way too high. As per *insert N-word* it's possible to cruise with 62 on the FF gauge with more than 300KIAS. In DCS the absolute minimum for a clean plane with less than 2klb of gas is 90ish. With less, she gets dragged down until stalling. When they get that right, the required RPM for taxiing will go down as well.
Oh, it's that simple? You should send in an application. I'm sure they could use your help.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

Not for a Jedi.

Oh, now we're "not Jedi", because the sim is not simulating.

I guess for a Jedi it makes no difference, but for me if I burn off 10% of my fuel while taxiing, it makes a big difference.

Forgive me for being so unworthy and un-Jedi.

Each update makes it harder and harder to find something to complain about.

That's the nature of fixing things... when they actually get fixed.

Now it´s Friction and Buttons.

Next is Fuses and Oxygen.

Finally Air Condition and Restrainers.

Lacking valid targets for barbs? Erect a strawman and place a picture your opponent's face on the head. Now beat the hell out of it to demonstrate how right you are.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1