Looking for help with those Missiles

Sarpalaxan

Greetings Comrads

Slowly I think I'm getting a hang of this magnificent hyper futuristic beast Called the Mig-19. But since this is my first Module with Rockets that don't just fly straight I thought I may ask my fellow comrades for some advice. Right now I still feel like it's just a random chance if they hit or miss, is this supposed to be that way or is there a trick. So far I have been releasing them in single shots between 4-2 kilometres from the target. For Bombers straight from the rear. Against fighters I Tried to do a JU-87 style dive onto them, try to go into a leading turn and then fly straight for a moment to get the G-Meter below 2.

Sounds to me like you are doing things correctly - my impression is that they are not terribly reliable being so old. Just to confirm, I'm assuming you are always firing from behind the target? (They are rear aspect only, won't event track an oncoming or flanking target.)

I have pretty good luck firing from ~1.6-3 KM, and hit probably 80% of the time, but this is against AI F4's that don't go particularly evasive. Against aggressively maneuvering targets I just stick to pew pew.