DCS: M-III by Razbam ?

Flyschool

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't know they had used different engines for the C variant.But will you include the Atar B engine or is it just going to be the Atar C only for the Mirage III.

The original - 9B will be modeled, as the-9C was an IAI modification, with emphasis on modification only.

Actually after checking I found that at some point there was an upgrade to the Israeli Mirage IIICJ engines from Atar 09B to Atar 09C.

Mirage IIICJ with Atar 09B engine

idf-af_mirage_iiicj_52.png

Mirage IIICJ with Atar 09C engine

idf-af_mirage_iiicj_158.jpg

Trying to find more info about this...

S!

The suffix at the end, 'J' I think designated at the time the country the airframe was sold to by Dassault.

For instance in SA we got C'Z' ,(Z being SA/Africa suffix)

Israel was 'J'.

That said all countries upgraded the hardware that was sent over the years to them.

Dont have the skinny on that.

Heres the last CZ flying today, still does airshows.

Black Widow

attachment.php?attachmentid=22972&d=1464890437

Super chuffed there is a III in the works!!!

S

:thumbup:

Edited by Vlerkies

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

As far as I know, Mi-24P and V aren't different enough to sell them seperately, and personally I would love seeing them as a single module.

BUT, I strongly agree than in future, a way to make variants with considerable difference feasible in DCS for both developers and us consumers. I also have been thinking along the lines of setting a system up so that an individual variant's module would be full price, but owner of another variant can buy the one they don't have for like half price or something like that. Of course, when two variants are so far off, that they take effort of making two modules from scratch, then they should both cost what a module costs in that case.

Anyway, I am glad for Mirage III, and CJ sounds good to have. If possible I would LOVE seeing E available too, whether as included in package, or as an "upgrade".

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

The original - 9B will be modeled, as the-9C was an IAI modification, with emphasis on modification only.
From the looks of it.Prowler111s pictures from Razbams Facebook fourm,show him the upgraded Atar 9C turbojet variant that he's modeling.
Edited by Angelthunder

The suffix at the end, 'J' I think designated at the time the country the airframe was sold to by Dassault.

For instance in SA we got C'Z' ,(Z being SA/Africa suffix)

Israel was 'J'.

Yes, it was J for "Juif" ("Jew"), as "I" was already used for another customer, IIRC.

As with the MiG-21, there are a lot of variants I would be interested in owning/flying. But the CJ is at the top of the list for me. I also like a straight C as flown by Armée de l'air. But the Mirage III variants as they flew in 1967 and/or 1973 over Israel are the ones I really want the most.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The CJ will be very challenging, as far as I know it had some issues that were only partially solved: flameout due to gun gas ingestion, radar so poor that the Israeli used it in locked position like a gunnery radar, unreliable radar guided missiles.

Also it carried only one R530 and 2 sidewinders, most of its kills were done with guns.

So... Lots of fun :D :D

As an Aussie, and for balance's sake, I hope we get the E as well, with the better A-G and A-A radar, as well as having an RWR

"We carried out many trials to try to find the answer to the fast, low-level intruder, but there is no adequate defense."

— Air Vice-Marshal J. E. 'Johnnie' Johnson, RAF

Can't charge us all

As an Aussie, and for balance's sake, I hope we get the E as well, with the better A-G and A-A radar, as well as having an RWR

That's going to be a common view as a lot of people are not going to like just having a strictly AA platform but hey, it's early days, there's going to be a lot of great information around on the IIIO which may assist a steer in that way

The radar had reliability issues but in its day was a pretty clever bit of kit .... certainly way way better than the MIG21 version we see in DCS. Quite a difficult radar to jam after it was locked on. The Gunsight likewise was pretty advanced and provided steering orders for all missiles and a NAV function as well.

HOTAS 1960's style:

Stick_zpsz6c5c75m.jpg

Mirage III Radar Hand controller .... TDC plus other controls like Azimuth scan selection, Spiral scan acquire, Direct lock on, Wobulating lock on, break lock, Manual gain control and Antenna elevation control

The R530 was unbelievably unreliable and probably more dangerous to the shooter than the target :)

Mirage IIIO Radar in AG mapping mode

Miroff_zpsdlzgetwi.jpg

Large Black area on the radar scope near the bottom is terrain shadow caused by a large mountain left of the nose.

Edited by IvanK

Thank you for that Prowler! :notworthy:

...The MiG-21 bis we have from Leatherneck is a 1980s fighter, a good 10 years after the last Shahak was retired from service.

Salute!

The MiG-21Bis is actually an early 70s aircraft. 1972 to be precise.

The CJ will be very challenging, as far as I know it had some issues that were only partially solved: flameout due to gun gas ingestion, radar so poor that the Israeli used it in locked position like a gunnery radar, unreliable radar guided missiles.

Also it carried only one R530 and 2 sidewinders, most of its kills were done with guns.

So... Lots of fun :D :D

Where there ANY reliable radar guided missile in the 60s? :P

From the looks of it.Prowler111s pictures from Razbams Facebook fourm,show him the upgraded Atar 9C turbojet variant that he's modeling.

That's because you see an early build of the model, without an engine fitted.

Edited by HAE5904

The MiG-21Bis is actually an early 70s aircraft. 1972 to be precise.

Where there ANY reliable radar guided missile in the 60s? :P

In the context of DCS where missiles can't experience random hardware failure it might be better than it was IRL.

For the guys of Razbam, any chance of seeing an E on the future?

Already answered on the first page:

Yes, Alejandro is the author, the exact version that´s planned is the Shahak.

BUT could expand to the E, is too early to say..

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

The R530 was unbelievably unreliable and probably more dangerous to the shooter than the target :)

Mirage IIIO Radar in AG mapping mode

Miroff_zpsdlzgetwi.jpg

Large Black area on the radar scope near the bottom is terrain shadow caused by a large mountain left of the nose.

Ivan if you read correctly on other of your post, you said you were a MIII driver.

Question where is integrated the RWR in the E version? because I'm looking all the images of the cockpits of the mirage and I'm not able to find anything that resembles a RWR.

Is integrated in the radar scope with "lights"?

Edited by NaCH

Hello guys ,)

I would love an Mirage III cause it was my father plane, so it would be a great thing to fly in some way the same bird that my father did...

But with the incoming Mirage F1 (also one of the fighter my father flown), I would be more intrested by the super etandard, for some French carrier ops :) as i know Razbam has the Corsair on old it would be A M A S I N G !! to have a full operational french task Force onboard The "Foch" actual Sao Paulo.

with a Jeanne d'arc (heli carrier) as we allready have Gazelle, and we can dream of, maybe Supe Puma (as332).

would be a great thing to come belong dcs carrier ops mod :) :)

Futher that with your in dev Harrirer ( still on plan ??) it would be awesome to have super etendard vs harrier on a Falkland map :) :)

There is also the Famous fr/uk Jaguar ,) !!!!....

Edited by wdrago

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

NacH. RWR was not fitted to all Mir III. On those that had it fitted it was a small plan form display that had a series of lights that indicated the direction of the emitter with CW alarm as well but thats about all. The display unit was located on the right hand windscreen frame near the top right corner of the gunsight combining glass.

MirIIIRWR_zpsmzxsklrb.jpg

Hey team, I've found some documentation on the Mirage IIIO, the Australian E version, all in English of course. Should still be very applicable to the CJ, even more so to the E

7213.003-1 is the flight manual,

7213.003-1-1 is the flight performance data,

7213.003-34 is the weapons delivery manual.

I've also included a pdf version of a book describing the Mirage in Australian service, which contains lots of interesting stories about flying and its capabilities. Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y15c65wud4cvhli/AABBtmXClnmZN4f_ouhCbwP8a?dl=0

"We carried out many trials to try to find the answer to the fast, low-level intruder, but there is no adequate defense."

— Air Vice-Marshal J. E. 'Johnnie' Johnson, RAF

Can't charge us all

NacH. RWR was not fitted to all Mir III. On those that had it fitted it was a small plan form display that had a series of lights that indicated the direction of the emitter with CW alarm as well but thats about all. The display unit was located on the right hand windscreen frame near the top right corner of the gunsight combining glass.

Thanks a LOT!