F-15E?

JazonXD

Awesome thanks for the replies, I could be mistaken but I think I read that the A2G radar was being actively tested on the viggen? (or am I mistaken?)

The Viggen has an AG developed by LNS while ED is doing their own. RAZBAM has plans to use ED's underlying AG code and that is what they are waiting to get their hands on.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

The Viggen has an AG developed by LNS while ED is doing their own. RAZBAM has plans to use ED's underlying AG code and that is what they are waiting to get their hands on.

Interesting, didn't realize they had developed their own. Thanks for the info.

Edited by Tibet

Have you guys already started the modelling etc for the F-15E in the meant time?

"We carried out many trials to try to find the answer to the fast, low-level intruder, but there is no adequate defense."

— Air Vice-Marshal J. E. 'Johnnie' Johnson, RAF

Can't charge us all

Put your faith in LN with respect to an A/G radar.

I'm thinking ED has decided an A/G radar is very low priority which is why they have been "working on it" for years. Might be lucky to see it in 3-4 weeks. :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Have you guys already started the modelling etc for the F-15E in the meant time?

I believe they had some old shots of the cockpit flouting around somewhere. They worked out some deal, if I remember correctly, to use ED's current 3D model.

Put your faith in LN with respect to an A/G radar.

I'm thinking ED has decided an A/G radar is very low priority which is why they have been "working on it" for years. Might be lucky to see it in 3-4 weeks. :music_whistling:

You couldn't be further from the truth. A/G is a top priority for ED, as it is a mainstay for DCS F/A-18C. In fact ED had a screenshot over a year ago in regards to the progress they had made.

With that said, only ED knows what the current state of the A/G radar is in. We could be days / weeks / months or years away from getting our paws on it.

With ED's anticipation of having early access to the Hornet later this year, my guess is in early fall we will start to see more images / videos of Hornet and its subsystems.

You couldn't be further from the truth. A/G is a top priority for ED, as it is a mainstay for DCS F/A-18C. In fact ED had a screenshot over a year ago in regards to the progress they had made.

With that said, only ED knows what the current state of the A/G radar is in. We could be days / weeks / months or years away from getting our paws on it.

With ED's anticipation of having early access to the Hornet later this year, my guess is in early fall we will start to see more images / videos of Hornet and its subsystems.

I'm bound by a NDA so I cannot comment on the state of the AG radar but I can say that indeed it is a big priority for ED and they want to release it as soon as possible. So, our policy is why try to light a fire by rubbing two sticks together when ED will provide a box of matches. It is more efficient, less work and more stable.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

I'm bound by a NDA so I cannot comment on the state of the AG radar but I can say that indeed it is a big priority for ED and they want to release it as soon as possible. So, our policy is why try to light a fire by rubbing two sticks together when ED will provide a box of matches. It is more efficient, less work and more stable.

Not to be confrontational or nothing, but that puts you at ED's mercy. Now VEAO claims that when ED trickled down their two seater code, it was totally incompatible with their flight models. What's to say EDs radar won't suffer similar problems. LN might be creating extra work for themselves, but at least they'll know exactly how their radar code works, and be able to change it at will... Just sayin.

Not to be confrontational or nothing, but that puts you at ED's mercy. Now VEAO claims that when ED trickled down their two seater code, it was totally incompatible with their flight models. What's to say EDs radar won't suffer similar problems. LN might be creating extra work for themselves, but at least they'll know exactly how their radar code works, and be able to change it at will... Just sayin.

No problem.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Every third party modules are "at ED's mercy" if you put it that way. The reverse of the medal is that when it works on ED part it should work on RAZBAM also. Is not a 100% guarantee but the chances are that a third party component could have more compatibility issues with the rest of ED's code down the line.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

There is a lot going behind curtains and so much we can´t comment on, BUT, going thru creating a A/G radar code by our own, and knowing the way ED keeps evolving, it´s our decision to go with ED´s flow, since it will give users less hassle when trying to keep up with each new patch from ED

Prowler

No drama guys... just my observation based on quite a few years of being a DCS fan.

I'm "Just saying" LN will produce an A/G radar well before ED.

So calm down, take a few breaths...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

• 3 weeks later...
I will buy 4 copies of this thing when its live.

I will buy 16 copies if we get this armament for it

c03fd54ab89f17b7ae824e.jpg

16 AMRAAM's? Wow, sounds good! :pilotfly: haha

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

c03fd54ab89f17b7ae824e.jpg

DAYUMM SON, WHERE'D YOU FIND THAT??

AMD 5600X -- Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision -- 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 -- HP Reverb G2 -- Logitech 3D Extreme Pro -- Thrustmaster TWCS

BRRRT!  Car and aviation enthusiast, gun nut and computer nerd! 🙂

That is just an F-15C with FAST packs and extra missile rails. It has already been released so it looks like you are on the hook for four copies. Here's the link to get you started-

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/f-15c_dcs_world/

:music_whistling:

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

That is just an F-15C with FAST packs and extra missile rails. It has already been released so it looks like you are on the hook for four copies. Here's the link to get you started-

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/f-15c_dcs_world/

:music_whistling:

I am quite sure its an F-15E ,look at the pylons "more like bomb racks under the conformal fuel tanks. Never seen those on an F-15c.

Edited by sirscorpion

The F-15 2040C upgrade package makes the F-15C able to carry 16 aim-120's. It gives the F-15C conformal fuel tanks and extra launch rails under them and a lot of upgraded electronics (for example a new radar).

But the ingame F-15C is a completely different beast.

http://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/defense/2015-09-22/boeing-proposes-new-life-lethality-f-15c-fighter

The F-15 2040C upgrade package makes the F-15C able to carry 16 aim-120's. It gives the F-15C conformal fuel tanks and extra launch rails under them and a lot of upgraded electronics (for example a new radar).

http://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/defense/2015-09-22/boeing-proposes-new-life-lethality-f-15c-fighter

Yep, same upgrade is also made for the F-15E http://www.boeing.com/defense/f-15-strike-eagle/

Plus, the 2040c is a concept and will never happen.

Skylake 6600K(4.5GHz) | EVGA GTX970 FTW | 16GB 2666 DDR4 Corsair Vengeance | MSI Z170A Krait | Windows 10 (64bit) | X52 Pro | TrackIR 5

Hawk T.1A | F-15C | F-86F | UH-1H | A-10C | P-51D | F-5E | M-2000C

USAF Pilot w/ T-6/T-38 Time

I am quite sure its an F-15E ,look at the pylons "more like bomb racks under the conformal fuel tanks. Never seen those on an F-15c.

The 159th Fighter Wing flies F-15C and F-15D aircraft with a primary mission of air sovereignty.

http://www.la.ang.af.mil/units/index.asp

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..