Temp fix for RWR volume

Zeus67

Since some people are complaining about the volume for the RWR warning sounds, here's a temporary fix until volume control is enabled.

All you have to do is edit the following sdef files:

Files:

RWR_Threat.sdef

RWR_Threat_AI.sdef

RWR_Threat_Launch.sdef

RWR_Threat_Lock.sdef

RWR_Threat_Lock_SAM.sdef

Modify the GAIN (volume) value to a level you feel comfortable with.

Edited by Zeus67
  • Thanks 1

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

The other thing I noticed is that when the RWR lock tone is emitted it somewhat mutes the aircraft sound. As in the aircraft/engine at the same throttle setting would get quieter.

Nah, the RWR sounds were just ridiculously loud compared to everything else :D

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

• 2 weeks later...
0.3 best so far. Thanks
Oh man. I'm down to 0.1 haha. It's a tad quiet. But I can still hear comms.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
I find the mimimum RWR volume to sometimes be too loud, is it still possible to edit these gain values and retain functionality of the volume knob?

Chris

I have the same problem and the same question, please.

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2