Wrong RWR? - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2019, 09:30 PM   #11
Revelation

Quote:
Originally Posted by razo+r View Post
Again, same answer.
In that case, ED should delay the EA release for a year or more so that they can make sure every little detail is correct at the start of EA.
Old 09-14-2019, 10:07 PM   #12
greenmamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
In that case, ED should delay the EA release for a year or more so that they can make sure every little detail is correct at the start of EA.
This is not a little detail. This is something specific to the F-16. Something that doesn't matter would be a pilot skin or something like that. Even if non functional, the correct RWR display should at least be there, even for EA.
Old 09-14-2019, 10:55 PM   #13
launchedsquid

I would rather have a functional rwr from the wrong plane then no rwr at all.
It's early access pre-release, by definition it isn't complete.
The Hornet initially had the threat rings displaying the wrong threat level, but it was fixed in an update.
I'm sure the Viper will have things that aren't implemented yet, but crucially it will have things that are implemented wrong, and they'll be fixed in an update.
We all want an authentic and accurate Viper, but during early access pre-release, especially during the initial release, we should expect things to be wrong, point them out when we know, and expect a fix down the line.
As with all modules, if you need it to 100% right from day one, wait for release. Some people have rightly chosen to do that with the Hornet, they new they wouldn't like the bugs or inaccuracies so they stayed out, and while I'd still say to them the bugs and inaccuracies are worth putting up with, I can respect that decision.
Buying a released module that claims to be complete and complaining about inaccuracies can also be respected, if done the right way, and even when done wrong, at least the complaint is valid.
But buying into an unfinished module prior to release and complaining it isn't 100% authentic doesn't get my respect, ED never claimed early access pre-release modules are feature complete.
I wouldn't delay purchasing the Viper because it has the ALR-67 instead of the ALR-69 because I'm sure that would be fixed, if it even happens.
Old 09-14-2019, 11:35 PM   #14
The Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
If they take a year to fix it then I prefer that the EA be made only 3 months before the coplete version.

One year of life while I'm paying is not a small thing
Old 09-14-2019, 11:45 PM   #15
launchedsquid

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Falcon View Post
If they take a year to fix it then I prefer that the EA be made only 3 months before the coplete version.

One year of life while I'm paying is not a small thing
EA can be as long as you like, you don't need to buy it at any point in EA. You could make EA be only one day, it's entirely your decision.
Old 09-14-2019, 11:56 PM   #16
tobaschi

Really hope it would be fixed till EA, not another Frankenviper .-)
Old 09-15-2019, 09:10 AM   #17
Tomsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by launchedsquid View Post
I would rather have a functional rwr from the wrong plane then no rwr at all.
As with all modules, if you need it to 100% right from day one, wait for release.
+100
Old 09-15-2019, 11:14 AM   #18
Deano87

Guys chill out. The devs have said it will be fixed, early access means you are by definition flying an unfinished product. It will be done when it’s done. If that’s before or after it goes into EA it doesn’t really matter. It’s confirmed that it’s a placeholder currently and will be corrected. That’s all that needs to be said.

Proud owner of:
PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs : 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.
My Screenshots
Old 09-15-2019, 07:07 PM   #19
VampireNZ

I am a whole lot happier with 'especially during the initial release, we should expect things to be wrong, point them out when we know, and expect a fix down the line.' - and having confidence they will actually get fixed with frequent updates....compared to incorrect/broken features that never get fixed on a module with no updates...

Old 09-15-2019, 09:48 PM   #20
ilikepie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampireNZ View Post
I am a whole lot happier with 'especially during the initial release, we should expect things to be wrong, point them out when we know, and expect a fix down the line.' - and having confidence they will actually get fixed with frequent updates....compared to incorrect/broken features that never get fixed on a module with no updates...
what he said ^