F-16C HUD - ED Forums
 


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2019, 12:26 PM   #1
13WELT_JankeS
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Poland
Posts: 71
Default F-16C HUD

Watching the recording of the dogfight on the HUD F-16 I noticed that TD BOX always has the highest priority, everything behind it is erased so that it does not obstruct anything. Will such important details be reproduced in the DCS module?

Here is an example from a real F-16 https://youtu.be/oOa9eWgFllE?t=29
__________________
i7-8700K, Z370, 32GB DDR4-3000MHz, RTX 2080 Ti, FSSB R3L, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro pedals, 2x MFD's, Windows 10 Pro, Pimax 5K+

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-15C, AV-8B, M2000C, F-5E, A-10C, AJS-37, Su-27, Su-33, MiG-21bis, MiG-29, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 K-4, SA342, UH-1H
13WELT_JankeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 01:12 PM   #2
mvsgas
Veteran
 
mvsgas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Phoenix AZ
Posts: 8,290
Default

Not sure If I am seeing what your seeing. On the video you posted, when the Enhance Envelope Gunsight (EEGS) disappear is because the pilot is holding down the trigger.
Additionally, not knowing what version of the F-16 this is from and not knowing what Operational Flight Program (OFP) or System Capability Upgrade (SCU, for F-16 without an MMC) it is being used, will be impossible to know if this is relevant or not.
__________________
Quote:
Q:The internet says...
A:The internet is wrong.
EvilBivol-1

CPU=AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Mo/Bo= Gygabite X570 AORUS Elite, Memory Corsair vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 32gb, 500g Samsung 970 evo pro, WD blue 3D NAND 2 TB SATA III, video card=Gigabyte RTX 2070, 8gb gddr 6, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+, Cooler Master NR600 Masterbox, Joystick=Thrustmaster T-flight Stick X, Track IR, Win10 64
mvsgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 01:22 PM   #3
Harker
Member
 
Harker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: France
Posts: 921
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvsgas View Post
Not sure If I am seeing what your seeing. On the video you posted, when the Enhance Envelope Gunsight (EEGS) disappear is because the pilot is holding down the trigger.
Additionally, not knowing what version of the F-16 this is from and not knowing what Operational Flight Program (OFP) or System Capability Upgrade (SCU, for F-16 without an MMC) it is being used, will be impossible to know if this is relevant or not.
Look at the altitude and airspeed indicators. The TD box draws over them, it's not superimposed through them.
Also, I agree with you saying that we don't know the version etc, but why would the EEGS disappear when the pilot fires, what's the point of that?
__________________
Z370 Aorus Gaming 7, i7-8700k, RTX2080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 @3000CL15, 960 Pro 512 GB, 970 Evo Plus 1TB, WD Gold 6TB, Seasonic Prime Platinum 1300W, Acer Predator XB271HK|Hornet grip on T-50 base, Warthog side-stick, Warthog throttle, TPR pedals, 3 Cougar MFDs, MT desk mounts, TrackIR w/Pro clip|
F/A-18C, F-16C, AV-8B, A-10C, M-2000C, F-14, P-51D, Sptifire, BS2, FC3, Caucasus, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf
Harker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 01:31 PM   #4
mvsgas
Veteran
 
mvsgas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Phoenix AZ
Posts: 8,290
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harker View Post
Look at the altitude and airspeed indicators. The TD box draws over them, it's not superimposed through them.
Also, I agree with you saying that we don't know the version etc, but why would the EEGS disappear when the pilot fires, what's the point of that?
Depending on the version of the software, on this case, it appears when the pilot hold down the trigger, EEGS turn into Firing Evolution Display Set (FEDS). The FEDS provides scoring in level 2 only. The symbol consists of a series of dot pairs that are used to estimate whether the bullets at target range are falling behind the target (dots wider than wingspan), ahead of the target (dots narrower than wingspan), or hitting the target (dots equal to wingspan).
__________________
Quote:
Q:The internet says...
A:The internet is wrong.
EvilBivol-1

CPU=AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Mo/Bo= Gygabite X570 AORUS Elite, Memory Corsair vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 32gb, 500g Samsung 970 evo pro, WD blue 3D NAND 2 TB SATA III, video card=Gigabyte RTX 2070, 8gb gddr 6, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+, Cooler Master NR600 Masterbox, Joystick=Thrustmaster T-flight Stick X, Track IR, Win10 64
mvsgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 01:31 PM   #5
13WELT_JankeS
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Poland
Posts: 71
Default

I meant that when the locked target was in the place where the altimeter was displayed (for example), this indication was not displayed so as not to overlap on the target plane. I saw a similar situation on HUD A-10C while aiming from a cannon to a ground target, it had priority over FPM (the crosshair symbol is always on top). There is no such thing at all in the F / A-18C module and sometimes it actually disturbed aiming - especially in VR.
__________________
i7-8700K, Z370, 32GB DDR4-3000MHz, RTX 2080 Ti, FSSB R3L, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro pedals, 2x MFD's, Windows 10 Pro, Pimax 5K+

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-15C, AV-8B, M2000C, F-5E, A-10C, AJS-37, Su-27, Su-33, MiG-21bis, MiG-29, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 K-4, SA342, UH-1H
13WELT_JankeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 01:38 PM   #6
mvsgas
Veteran
 
mvsgas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Phoenix AZ
Posts: 8,290
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13WELT_JankeS View Post
I meant that when the locked target was in the place where the altimeter was displayed (for example), this indication was not displayed so as not to overlap on the target plane. I saw a similar situation on HUD A-10C while aiming from a cannon to a ground target, it had priority over FPM (the crosshair symbol is always on top). There is no such thing at all in the F / A-18C module and sometimes it actually disturbed aiming - especially in VR.
We would need to find out what versions of the F-16 software is used in the video to determine if it applies to DCS F-16.
__________________
Quote:
Q:The internet says...
A:The internet is wrong.
EvilBivol-1

CPU=AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Mo/Bo= Gygabite X570 AORUS Elite, Memory Corsair vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 32gb, 500g Samsung 970 evo pro, WD blue 3D NAND 2 TB SATA III, video card=Gigabyte RTX 2070, 8gb gddr 6, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+, Cooler Master NR600 Masterbox, Joystick=Thrustmaster T-flight Stick X, Track IR, Win10 64
mvsgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 01:41 PM   #7
13WELT_JankeS
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Poland
Posts: 71
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvsgas View Post
We would need to find out what versions of the F-16 software is used in the video to determine if it applies to DCS F-16.
In this particular example, this may be a problem, but Wags is in contact with F-16 pilots and will probably be able to verify such details
__________________
i7-8700K, Z370, 32GB DDR4-3000MHz, RTX 2080 Ti, FSSB R3L, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro pedals, 2x MFD's, Windows 10 Pro, Pimax 5K+

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-15C, AV-8B, M2000C, F-5E, A-10C, AJS-37, Su-27, Su-33, MiG-21bis, MiG-29, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 K-4, SA342, UH-1H
13WELT_JankeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 05:17 PM   #8
DennisGR
Junior Member
 
DennisGR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Hellas
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvsgas View Post
Not sure If I am seeing what your seeing. On the video you posted, when the Enhance Envelope Gunsight (EEGS) disappear is because the pilot is holding down the trigger.
Additionally, not knowing what version of the F-16 this is from and not knowing what Operational Flight Program (OFP) or System Capability Upgrade (SCU, for F-16 without an MMC) it is being used, will be impossible to know if this is relevant or not.
That's a good old Block 30. Video is from the 90s.
DennisGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 10:10 AM. vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.