Old 08-26-2019, 10:02 PM   #21
AeriaGloria

Thanks, thought so, wasn’t 100%!
AeriaGloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 12:02 AM   #22
Eldur

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhukov032186 View Post
What are you talking about? Of course you can change it. The wind strength and direction is a variable at multiple altitudes that are configured in the mission editor. How ''crazy'' it is is entirely up to the mission. You can set all to 0, or you can have hurricane force winds just above the ground level if you want.

Well, they're all interconnected to each other. And if you set 10 knots on the ground, you'll have like 50+ knots at 500m regardless your 2000m setting. The system is weird to say the least.
Old 09-01-2019, 02:20 AM   #23
Gripes323

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrz View Post
Well, with a 30kts xwnd component you can't even take out the full crab angle on most planes
After extensive crosswind training last weekend I think I can finally kick the rudders properly every time. With moderate crosswind there's probably no need for the kick. I noticed the surface effect on the wind is quite pronounced in DCS and I could see the VVI creeping toward the center as I passed the threshold... almost half the initial crab.
I think the biggest gain for me other then learning or re-learning crosswind landings was realization that some of my control axes were improperly setup, especially rudders.

It feels like a different jet now. NWS and especially NSW HI are a breeze now
Gripes323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 02:22 AM   #24
Low Blow

What I'm not digging is how clouds at night when there is no moon or very little moon are white and bright as if it is day time. Completely unrealistic and cannot believe it hasn't been fixed yet. DCS is in dire need of an updated weather modelling system.

MMSOBGYTAST!
Low Blow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 09:46 AM   #25
Kid18120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Blow View Post
What I'm not digging is how clouds at night when there is no moon or very little moon are white and bright as if it is day time. Completely unrealistic and cannot believe it hasn't been fixed yet. DCS is in dire need of an updated weather modelling system.
They are working on it.
They confirmed they are working on a new and improved weather system but it's taking a lot of time and it's most likely going to be quite a while until we get it released

Simming since 2005
My Rig: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, AMD Ryzen7 2700X, G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200, EVGA GTX1070 FTW, Corsair HX850
Kid18120 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crosswind, landing, wind