Viper academic videos - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-22-2019, 04:11 PM   #21
pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentdarnell View Post
Leave this sub category. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fri13 View Post
There is too much to come in the near future. The F-16 videos, the super carrier, the Mi-24, and what else all kind updates there is coming to the DCS because lots of improvements are going to be rolled out (Combined Arms etc).

It is better not to think these things because it will just result to heart giving up from enthusiasm.
I strongly agree and the lack of news/details makes it worse.
Old 08-23-2019, 02:53 PM   #22
pimp

Looks like the videos will start next week.
Old 08-23-2019, 03:25 PM   #23
Datajack

Yep update for this week is up:

As we draw closer to the early autumn 2019 early access release of the Viper, progress has been rapid. You can find a list of our planned early access features here.

Our viper is already dropping bombs in CCIP and CCRP modes and strafing targets, and the navigation systems, flight model, and art is quite far along. The current focus is on rockets, air-to-air weapons and radar, the landing gear and underside of the aircraft, and tuning the flight Model.

Next week we will start regular instruction videos. The first will be a cockpit orientation, and following that will be taxi and takeoff, waypoint navigation, VFR landings, and then unguided bomb attack.

Last edited by Datajack; 08-23-2019 at 03:29 PM.
Datajack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 06:53 PM   #24
smire666

Wooow!! We' re getting closer and closer:-)
smire666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 12:16 AM   #25
SmoglessPanic

I honestly think we will see the Viper released somewhere between September 1st - 20th. Steam says September 25th and they normally get a DCS module a few weeks later than ED E-Shop release. (Logic don't fail me now)

Fingers crossed the anticipation is KILLING ME! The update on the instructional videos calmed me down a bit though, something to chew on in the meantime.

I cannot wait! Fingers crossed!

SmoglessPanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 04:47 AM   #26
JamesRothwell

I don't think it's going to be that early in September, otherwise the academic videos would be well and truly underway. I think the steam date is just a placeholder. I'm sure as they get close to finalising something suitable for beta release a bug or two will appear that will delay their planned date.

But it's certainly soon. Soon enough that we better go to DEFCON 3...
JamesRothwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 08:06 AM   #27
TLTeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoglessPanic View Post
I honestly think we will see the Viper released somewhere between September 1st - 20th. Steam says September 25th and they normally get a DCS module a few weeks later than ED E-Shop release. (Logic don't fail me now)

Fingers crossed the anticipation is KILLING ME! The update on the instructional videos calmed me down a bit though, something to chew on in the meantime.

I cannot wait! Fingers crossed!

Unfortunately it's likely that logic did fail you, the steam date is just a placeholder
TLTeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 08:20 AM   #28
SmoglessPanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLTeo View Post
Unfortunately it's likely that logic did fail you, the steam date is just a placeholder

I was not aware of that (heartbroken), haven't been around long enough, a year almost to the day actually. The only module I was around for when it was released which was hotly anticipated was the Tomcat. At the time I didn't realize how long people had to wait for it. I went and bought the Hornet though, wanted smart weapons at the time (SEAD mostly).

In hindsight, I should've just gotten the AV8B and the Tomcat but I honestly thought the Viper was two years out when I picked up the Hornet.

SmoglessPanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 12:49 PM   #29
Cann0nF0dd3r

My guess would be "MAYBE" end of September, more likely October, possibly November.
Cann0nF0dd3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 02:15 PM   #30
MrDieing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoglessPanic View Post

I was not aware of that (heartbroken), haven't been around long enough, a year almost to the day actually. The only module I was around for when it was released which was hotly anticipated was the Tomcat. At the time I didn't realize how long people had to wait for it. I went and bought the Hornet though, wanted smart weapons at the time (SEAD mostly).

In hindsight, I should've just gotten the AV8B and the Tomcat but I honestly thought the Viper was two years out when I picked up the Hornet.

Why don't you, you know, get them all
Years ago, when half the stuff we have now was a wish list. We just posted about rain effects, different seasons. We talked about different maps and aircraft. Now we have most of it, we have all this "elitist" come in that just want to post about what they deserve and what they are entitle to because they pay. They just keep crying and whining how horrible DCS is and how much they got robbed. They keep taking my shiny toy and trowing it in the trash because is not good enough for them.
MrDieing is offline   Reply With Quote