Modifying the F-16C HUD - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-15-2019, 12:15 AM   #1
Slydog486

Question Modifying the F-16C HUD

Evening all, I'm working on a small project to modify the F-16 HUD, and I've hit a roadblock

I'm in the mods folder, in the F-16/Cockpit/Scripts folder, under Displays/HUD/indicator/Pages/HUD_Common.lua

At the moment, I'm just trying to get a number on the HUD to change. I can make the element appear, but for some reason a parameter won't modify it like on other HUDs.

Here's my code that I'm adding to HUD_Common.lua:

Code:
local superSecretModStuff = addStrokeText("EVEN_MORE_SECRET_MOD_HUD_NAME", nil, STROKE_FNT_DFLT_100_NARROW, "RightCenter", {0, 0}, nil, {{"text_using_parameter",0,0}}, {"%2.1f"})
superSecretModStuff.element_params = {"TOP_SECRET_PARAMETER"}
I'm modifying the "TOP_SECRET_PARAMETER" in an avLuaDevice, and it is successfully being altered and set, as a second avLuaDevice is able to read the values and print them on screen. For some reason though, it doesn't show up on the HUD. if I change the first "nil" (this sets the value) to a number, a string, or anything at all, it does show up, but it doesn't change based on the parameter.

In short: I can get a string of numbers to display onto the HUD, but for some reason, I cannot get a parameter to change the numbers. I've tried (more or less) this same code in the F/A-18C HUD and it works absolutely fine.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide,
- Sly
PC: MSI Z170A M7, i7-6700K, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4-3466, (x2) Asus GTX 1070 8GB STRIX [2-way SLI], (x2) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, (x2) WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7,200 RPM, EVGA SuperNOVA P2 850W, Windows 10 Home, Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Glass.

Periph: Razer - Black Widow Chroma, Kraken 7.1 Chroma, Seiren, Naga Hex; Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackIR 5, Saitek Pro-Flight Rudder Pedals, (x2) 22" 1920x1080, Bose Companion 5.
Slydog486 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
f-16, f16, falcon, heads up display, hud