SA-5 : Any updates?

nighthawk2174

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

oh, thanks. i completely forgot about those. i just hope they are also working on a new model for the american truck (m35?). the current model looks really dated, but it's still used in most missions...

• 1 month later...

Or dont have it at all :P

ED just want to release modul and make money.....

They are not ready with F/A-18, and most important not ready with F-16, and going to put energy to release a A-10C II.....

And how is the work on VR going for them.... They say they will put energy into that.....

But 4 years later nothing has happend....

Or dont have it at all :P

Hilarious

ED just want to release modul and make money.....

So you think they're doing it to make a living, not as a hobby ?

Who'd have thought !

They are not ready with F/A-18, and most important not ready with F-16, and going to put energy to release a A-10C II.....

You mean they're not finished ?

Different thing.

& if there are people waiting for the project to get to where systems can be integrated into the F-18 & F-16, why would they not do work that brings other modules forward ?

And how is the work on VR going for them.... They say they will put energy into that.....

But 4 years later nothing has happend....

Well something happened, they brought out major changes to the rendering & lighting with the intention of improving it, but got mixed results and are trying to get the improvements they expected.

It's a shame it didn't work, and if I were using VR I might be irritated that their efforts haven't achieved what they (& users) hoped for, but to say they haven't done anything is to deny reality.

• Like 1

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
Guys S-200 system was shown in one of the teaser videos for Syria Map. Is coming with that map

:megalol:

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

We still haven't seen an EW or Search RADAR for it yet :(

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Guys S-200 system was shown in one of the teaser videos for Syria Map. Is coming with that map
Ni, that is not part of map, has us by GA as part of video making, as orhers systems on others maps on previously videos. As talked, ED add that units to the DCS "core" in a future.

Enviado desde mi RNE-L21 mediante Tapatalk

We still haven't seen an EW or Search RADAR for it yet :(

In fact a batallion has a P-35M BARLOCK-B/E/D 2D radar present into DCS but not usable as EW unit. The same situation has the PRV-11 SIDE NET Height finder 3D radar.

Missing a P-14 Tall King 2D EW radar, P-15M(2) SQUAT EYE 2D EW radar and P-80 BACK NET 2D CGI/EW movile radar.

Enviado desde mi RNE-L21 mediante Tapatalk

Edited by Silver_Dragon

• 3 weeks later...

It gets teased a lot, but sadly still no word on its associated surveillance/acquisition RADAR

System:

Its sad, its been anounced so long time ago. And its one of main Syria`s Air Defence systems.

Sa-5 coming when ED complete to implement them. That coming in the core, no a exclusive Sirian map unit. In fact, has "present" on Caucasus (Near Tbilisi)

During the late 1960's an independent Anti-Aircraft Missile Group with 2 launch S-200 (SA-5) battalions were added to the brigade:

Anti-Aircraft Missile Battalion (41 32 56N, 44 52 27E) with 6 S-200 (SA-5) launchers

Anti-Aircraft Missile Battalion (41 33 02N, 44 52 42E) with 6 S-200 (SA-5) launchers

Technical Battalion (support area: 41 32 49N, 44 52 39E - guidance & tracking area: 41 33 17N, 44 52 16E)

Persian Gulf (Near Bandar Abbas and others Sites) and Syria with near 5 sites.

• 4 months later...

I wonder what problem they ran into that prevented the thing from getting released. Or did it feature creep into this IADS expansion pack they're contemplating? If that's the case, I want modern(ish) flak and triple A radars as well.

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

3 hours ago, NineLine said:

The system is still in line to get the FM completed, but other items are currently ahead of it. In no way does the IADS expansion by a 3rd Party have anything to do with anything ED is working on. Thanks.

Question will the SA5 being made by ED getting the variable thrust modes that the irl has?  Or will it be simpler in its implementation?

• Like 2

One thing I'm wondering is will we at some point get additional battery components?

So far we've only seen the TTR/FCR and launcher; one thing in particular that hasn't been seen is an appropriate surveillance/acquisition RADAR, namely the P-14 + PRV-17; there's also things like the fire control control centre (which can just be an OdAZ-828, which is also utilised for the same thing in the SA-2 and SA-3)?

We did get a transloader for the SA-2 teased years back, but it never seemed to get placed in the mission editor (even if it only serves as eye-candy).

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 2

System: