Since the release of the A8 the Spitfire is the unlucky DCS developer - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-05-2019, 08:11 AM   #21
DD_Fenrir

Use max 2850rpm and 12lb boost for combat and go no less than 160mph IAS for cooling.

Engine can stand 1 hour at this setting.

Max continuous is 2650rpm @ 7lb boost. Unlimited time.

Use 3000rpm and 18lb only in emergency and keep speed >200mph. Limit 5 mins.

Do not overboost the engine

So if at 2650rpm do not go above 7lb boost.

When reducing power reduce boost first then RPM.

When increasing power increase RPM first then boost.

If you're regularly getting engine failures you are mishandling the engine by either a) overboosting or b) not keeping enough airspeed to provide sufficient airflow for cooling.
DD_Fenrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 11:33 AM   #22
FMAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by grafspee View Post
pls tell me your power settings and when engine cuts out i realy trying but engien works perfect for me. what kind of engine damage are you talking about is it total engine seizure ?? or is it quiting firing but keep spining ??
if engine spining but stop firing this is common error from pilot forgeting to switch electric fuel pump engien quits at high alt or after positive G flight making mechanical fuel pump sucking air in to fuel system, simple fliping electric fuel pump on should fix problem imidietly

I fly with a BOOST at 12 to 14, the RPM at 3000 I put the WEP in combat (BOOST at 16) before the update of the A8 I had no problem but since the engine is cut, it is not a problem of RPM as when one is hit by a shot is a sudden loss of power and whatever the altitude (I fly between 2 and 8000 feet). It should be noted that yesterday I did not have an unjustified loss of engine just losses of colimateurs.
FMAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 11:38 AM   #23
FMAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD_Fenrir View Post
Use max 2850rpm and 12lb boost for combat and go no less than 160mph IAS for cooling.

Engine can stand 1 hour at this setting.

Max continuous is 2650rpm @ 7lb boost. Unlimited time.

Use 3000rpm and 18lb only in emergency and keep speed >200mph. Limit 5 mins.

Do not overboost the engine

So if at 2650rpm do not go above 7lb boost.

When reducing power reduce boost first then RPM.

When increasing power increase RPM first then boost.

If you're regularly getting engine failures you are mishandling the engine by either a) overboosting or b) not keeping enough airspeed to provide sufficient airflow for cooling.

Thank you for this information but I already knew them more than two years ago that I fly in spitfire without problem before the arrival of the A8 and I did not change my way of stealing more that does not explain the sudden disappearance of the colimator
Old 07-09-2019, 06:29 PM   #24
McPetterson

Does anybody knows if ED will fix these bugs ? after severals updates, they are still here, it seems that ED doesn't care or what ?? it's pretty annoying to fly spit at the moment
McPetterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 07:51 PM   #25
DD_Fenrir

Agreed. More so since they decided to push it to the stable so it's not like we can just switch to an unbugged game version to get our Spit fix in.
DD_Fenrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 12:22 AM   #26
Hornetjock

I see update 33184 does nothing to help with the rudder problem in the Spitfire (Full reverse application on release) for those of us without -or choose not to use - pedals. McPetterson is right. Annoying to say the least on an aircraft a lot of us enjoy and would fly daily if only we could.

I put in a bug report and was advised it is being caused by a "Missing Track", whatever that may mean. Please just fix it!

Last edited by Hornetjock; 07-11-2019 at 12:25 AM.
Hornetjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 10:05 AM   #27
imacken
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornetjock View Post
I put in a bug report and was advised it is being caused by a "Missing Track", whatever that may mean. Please just fix it!
At the end of every mission you have the option to save the track. ED require that to be attached to any bug report in order to assess and test. So, if they ask for one, then supply it!
Intel i7 8700K 5.0GHz · Palit RTX 2080 Ti OC Gaming Pro · ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-F · Acer 4K 32" XB321HK · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 · HOTAS Warthog · ThrustMaster TPR Pedals · TrackIR5 · TM F/A-18 Hornet Stick · Valve Index
imacken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 01:01 PM   #28
Hornetjock

imacken...all the track would show is the rudder wagging back and forth...not the input and uncommanded result of full opposite deflection. All they have to do (and anyone else) is put up the Spit, go to out side view of the rudder and press Z or X and watch what happens. That's what I am trying to describe for those of us without pedals.

Finch submitted one here...https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.p...0&d=1562065730

Last edited by Hornetjock; 07-15-2019 at 01:10 PM.
Old 07-15-2019, 11:56 PM   #29
Hornetjock

Rudder bug has been reported by the testers and we are awaiting a patch in a future update. Sorry for the repeat.
Old 07-18-2019, 08:53 AM   #30
FMAX

It seems that since the update 2.5.2.17559 the spit bug has disappeared. It was time, a month to react! But now it seems there is a problem of trakIR