VR IMPROVEMENTS - Page 5 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-26-2018, 11:06 PM   #41
hansangb
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomer View Post
While I`d like a HMD that delivered 8k or even 16k per eye to arrive in next month, I`d appreciate more acquiring the GPU and software optimization to make it even possible. Until then I`d settle for 4k per eye and proper optimization. Let`s stay in the realm of the possible here and what would be perfectly usable.
And I'm really hoping the work that ED is doing to optimize DCS (proven doable by Kegetys mods) and Vulkan will go long way. That and Pimax+ like improvements.
Spoiler:
i7-8700K Delid/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, EVGA Z370 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, JetSeat, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, CV1
hansangb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 11:26 PM   #42
FragBum

TBH I would even be happy with Rift if we could just get DCS to look as good as the Oculus Home page does and 90FPS, anything else would be icing on the cake.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.
FragBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 11:28 PM   #43
Max_Factor

Really don't understand this thread. I have seen significant improvements since the last update to the point where I am running a solid 45fps with MSAA x4, SSAA x1.5, Anis 8x and PD 1.0 with high textures and reduced shadows. If there are more improvements to come this will be even more amazing. Thanks ED for the ongoing development!
Old 12-26-2018, 11:48 PM   #44
pagadi-zaiet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_Factor View Post
Really don't understand this thread. I have seen significant improvements since the last update to the point where I am running a solid 45fps with MSAA x4, SSAA x1.5, Anis 8x and PD 1.0 with high textures and reduced shadows. If there are more improvements to come this will be even more amazing. Thanks ED for the ongoing development!

PD 1.0 is not good...I cannot run less than 1.5 and MSAA x 2 is good enough to go along with it... but x4 would be nice! Either way there are more and more people coming to VR. I gather ED know this by now. I hope they will deliver as they most of the time do!
pagadi-zaiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 11:51 PM   #45
Zoomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FragBum View Post
TBH I would even be happy with Rift if we could just get DCS to look as good as the Oculus Home page does and 90FPS, anything else would be icing on the cake.
I think 4k per eye is possible with the current top end GPU`s 1080ti, 2080 & 2080ti if the software was a help rather than a hindrance. DLSS, VRS etc. is promising as it takes some of the load of the gpu renderers and transfers it to the AI that fill in the pixels especially in your peripheral vision. Dev`s have to be smart with this tech and help the tech do it`s job. The latest oculus connect and Michael Abrash explained the need for AI deep learning. RTX is the start of the tech and possibility of it`s use.We are still hanging on for ASW 2.0 which should be really close to inclusion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtAPUsGld4o
Zoomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 12:00 AM   #46
Sting57

Me too although i use 1.5

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk
Old 12-27-2018, 12:42 AM   #47
jimiC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_Factor View Post
I think this really means all improvement seen in the last month is base performance . Ie mem leak etc
Which is really promising for the actual vr improvements

As to the other comments about to vr or not to vr. Think perhaps they should go find another thread
Vr is here to stay . Especially for flight sim
Getting it right now is a solid business decision

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
jimiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 01:56 AM   #48
kingsnake11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurderOne View Post
I simply can not fly without VR anymore. I have attempted in other sims I shall not name, and it's just not "there" for me. Sure, there's pretty pictures when using a monitor. But as has been previously stated, there's a big difference; looking at the sim, or being in the sim, and VR puts you in the sim. There is no "tilt your head this way" or click a button to look directly behind you. You're going to twist, stretch, move, hold yourself up from your seat a bit as you try to see what's back there. As far as putting the HMD on, if you can put a hat on your noggin, you can put a VR HMD on. It doesn't matter how you look in it, nobody is looking.

I couldn't agree more. I got to fly the F-18 in DCS and even with the known issues in VR it is generations ahead in visual acuity. I was finally able to hit the drogue on the first attempt and had no problem holding the refuel as I could properly judge the simulated distances....I like you, can't fly without VR anymore either. It brought back so many sight memories of flying the real thing (well...not the f-1 48 years ago. VR may still be in it's infancy, but clearly for sims like DCS, it is the future for sure.
kingsnake11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 01:59 AM   #49
kingsnake11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astronut View Post
You are far too focused on resolution. The resolution is very usable right now.. it's just not as pretty as you would like it to be.. There is a lot more to a good VR experience than simply increasing the resolution.

absolutely....especially when you consider our eye doesn't "see" in 4k resolution....
kingsnake11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 08:22 AM   #50
Jackal-01

I just want to fly my planes and do missions at a framerate higher than 45. Wish the ED team best of luck getting the optimization sorted!
Jackal-01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vr improvements